Jeriel Dorsett

C4mmy31

Kilmarnock FC are delighted to announce the loan signing of Jeriel Dorsett from Reading FC subject to International clearance

The 20 year old English defender has joined on a one year loan deal, joining Killie following a successful season at Rochdale during which he played 45 matches in total and was voted the club’s young player of the season.

Upon choosing Killie Jeriel said –

“I’m excited to be here, I can’t wait to get started, I had a conversation with the gaffer on the phone and he was really keen to get me in, believing I can improve myself and help the team out which is all I want to do.

“I  see myself as a quick, strong player, I like to command things and enjoy the communication, I really don’t ever stop talking. I think I can make a difference to the team and add some composure, hopefully I can prove that out on the pitch”.

I asked the Reading fans on Twitter about him and they said this:

Yes,spent last year on loan at Rochdale and earned rave reviews,alot of people were hoping he would be able to step up into the 1st team squad,maybe 1 season to soon so going to Killie for a season makes sense,higher standard than Rochdale,big,strong and quick,great signing forya

Given the fact he played so many games for Rochdale and the reviews he received this looks like a really decent signing. McIness does like a big mobile team and that looks to be exactly what he's building

Our squad depth looks really good and it appears that we have options.

Welcome Jeriel !

22 minutes ago, piffer said:

You might be correct but I think Stokes and McGowan are more likely to be out the door before him

I’d agree with this. I think DM thinks that sanders is “raw” and needs time in terms of the top league but he has way more potential than the other 2 and every bit as ready now to stand in as required. Whether a loan move can be used to accelerate his development remains to be seen but I’d be very surprised if DM has given up on him.