Jump to content

David Watson


Cill Mheàrnaig

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

Feel he deserves a thread of his own.

Broke up play, ran with the ball (something we've missed all season) and generally gave everything today. An outstanding debut.

Plenty of folk been calling for McInroy but the young man has just cemented his place in our midfield going forward.

Superb son!

Totally agree , looked very composed on the ball , excellent debut 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agree, baffling had not been given a chance earlier this season , looked far more mobile and willing to carry ball forward than our other midfielders have done 

Lot of fans been saying for ages DM should have given players like Watson more of chance , did find it baffling Wales was played last night and not even put on the bench today…….both to give us a different option if needed and also when likes of Doidge are not offering much at the moment 

Edited by Scouser2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Scouser2 said:

Agree, baffling had not been given a chance earlier this season , looked far more mobile and willing to carry ball forward than our other midfielders have done 

Lot of fans been saying for ages DM should have given players like Watson more of chance , did find it baffling Wales was played last night and not even put on the bench today…….both to give us a different option if needed and a,so when our other strikers are not offering much at the moment 

Wales for me has shown he's maybe a wee bit away from being ready for Premiership football. It'll come though, boy has plenty of ability.

Watson today was so composed on the ball - something that nearly 200 games in his career and international caps Liam Donnelly could learn from.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thought he did really well today and based on performance alone starts next game ahead of any midfielder we have. Was a composed performance and he was well capable in all aspects of the game.

Big thing for me is he got a fair crack at it. Aside from a brief rotation to RB he got to play his position. On @Cill Mheàrnaig point about Wales I don’t always think he’s had that chance. First start he replaced Cameron and we didn’t change tactics. There’s more to come from both and hopefully they feature in the run in

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

Feel he deserves a thread of his own.

Broke up play, ran with the ball (something we've missed all season) and generally gave everything today. An outstanding debut.

Plenty of folk been calling for McInroy but the young man has just cemented his place in our midfield going forward.

Superb son!

Maybe a place for both in the team 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone have any guesses as to why he's barely been allowed a sub appearance before now?  Even if that's not his usual form you'd think he'd have been getting on when we're struggling in midfield in games from time to time.

My only concern with him  is we've seen great debuts from younger (loan) players this season who've then faded badly as soon as they started getting their roles changed every week, I'd really rather than didn't happen to Watson, but McInnes' apparently wasn't happy having him play just the one position even on his full league debut.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

Wales for me has shown he's maybe a wee bit away from being ready for Premiership football. It'll come though, boy has plenty of ability.

Watson today was so composed on the ball - something that nearly 200 games in his career and international caps Liam Donnelly could learn from.

I don't disagree with your first paragraph at all but the other part of me says that Doidge hasn't showed any quality to suggest he's a premiership footballer either so I'd like to see Wales given a real go and his chance to impress. He's shown that he's at least got some pace and there are times when that alone can cause other teams issues.

 

Watson was tremendous, particularly first half. Seemed to change position a bit in the second? But a real excellent performance overall. His ability and willingness to run forward with the ball and pick an intelligent pass has been completely missing from our midfield all season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The sad reality is McInness only put him because Polworth was injured. We have been questioning his non use of Watson, Wales and Warnock all season and this just goes to show he's got it all wrong. He need to play in the midfield WITH Polworth and 1 other. Let's see if he has the guts to do that. Our forwards are rank rotten they really are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

Reminded me of Bryson

Good comparison, be great if he is a success like Bryson 👍. Needs to be tied down on a good contract and for me this is the future of our club along with Wales, Warnock, Armstrong and hopefully signing Polworth, Mayo and maybe Wright longer term. We must move away from this loan nonsense.

 

Great debut and Looked beyond his years

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PrestersKtid said:

Superb full debut. We need energy in the midfield and he gave it in spades. Plenty of dig and some great tackles. 
2 very good through balls aswell. 

A few good interceptions as well - reading the play like that usually comes with experience so really impressive to see.  His willingness to use his left foot when passing is also an asset when trying to keep the tempo of a game up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

Wales for me has shown he's maybe a wee bit away from being ready for Premiership football. It'll come though, boy has plenty of ability.

Watson today was so composed on the ball - something that nearly 200 games in his career and international caps Liam Donnelly could learn from.

Vassell will never be good enough fot Premiership football. 

Give the lad the chances Vaseell has had and we are on more points.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Lorielus said:

A few good interceptions as well - reading the play like that usually comes with experience so really impressive to see.  His willingness to use his left foot when passing is also an asset when trying to keep the tempo of a game up.

The other thing I noticed was his willingness to miss out the middle man. Too often our players make a pass that doesn’t need to be made when moving the ball. Today Watson went direct to the player in space without taking the safe pass first. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

Feel he deserves a thread of his own.

Broke up play, ran with the ball (something we've missed all season) and generally gave everything today. An outstanding debut.

Plenty of folk been calling for McInroy but the young man has just cemented his place in our midfield going forward.

Superb son!

Totally agree. What a composed performance! Should never have been booked and didn't look out of place. Great debut, great performance, great prospect!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, red_dug said:

Did DM discover this week that Watson has a long throw? 

Great first start from the young man, enjoyed watching him.

Both he and Dorsett had a better long throw than Taylor. It’s a good weapon to have especially when we can’t score from open play

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Vassell will never be good enough fot Premiership football. 

Give the lad the chances Vaseell has had and we are on more points.

Spot on about Vassell this forum went into  meltdown over Ollie Shaw and his terrible attempts when going one on one against teams but it looks like he is even worse!

Hopefully our manager will give the young man a run in the team now he deserves it after  his  performance today!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bbk said:

Spot on about Vassell this forum went into  meltdown over Ollie Shaw and his terrible attempts when going one on one against teams but it looks like he is even worse!

Hopefully our manager will give the young man a run in the team now he deserves it after  his  performance today!

Vassell is an empty vessel. Nowhere near the standard required. Doidge was poor today too though. Plenty good crosses into the box, especially first half, both missing out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...