How to... Post a picture

CB

1. If your image is on your computer, put it online using a website like photobucket.com or tinypic.com  If your image is large, then use the resize option on these websites. A width of about 600-800px should do.
  2. Get the URL (web address) of your image. These websites should have an option to copy the URL once uploaded. If your image is already online (from another website) then right click on it. Depending on what browser you use, select the option that reads something like "Copy URL/Address/Image Location."
  3. Go to the thread you wish to post on.
  4. At the bottom right of this box there should be a drop down box like this: 
  5. EEImFFtWkAAzm6u.jpg
  6. Click it & select 'Insert image from URL' 
  7. When you do so, this box appears: 
  8. EEImmDiXoAIm_Iy.jpg
  9. Paste the URL of the image into the box. Take care to have copied the whole address. The 'http : //' stuff at the start is important. Once you've done that, click 'Insert into post' 
  10. The image will now automatically appear in the reply box. And is ready for you to post by simply clicking on the 'Submit' button at the bottom of the reply box.
  11. Give it a go by replying to this post. Please remember, this is a forum viewed by many age groups. So please, keep it clean.

Do you actually have to follow the instructions above for posting photos ?

I posted one of the Laphroig distillery just by clicking on the "Click to choose files" link, or is that frowned upon ?

I'm asking because I have a load of photos taken at various open days, the last game at "old" Rugby Park plus trips to Dublin and Stavanger, which may be of interest.

It's always good to see images of 'vintage' Killie, especially from a fans perspective and not just the professionally taken shots because they'll probably be unique and have never been published before. As long as you let us reproduce them on the front of the site if they are good!

16 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

I posted one of the Laphroig distillery just by clicking on the "Click to choose files" link, or is that frowned upon ?

I'm asking because I have a load of photos taken at various open days, the last game at "old" Rugby Park plus trips to Dublin and Stavanger, which may be of interest.

I think doing that loads the picture on to our servers, and I think that would put extra strain on them.

On 3/23/2016 at 7:09 PM, Wrangodog said:

You can, as Wrangodog suggests, also click on this

EEIoATEWkAIGsI2.jpg

To upload directly to our servers.

It does, however, make the images smaller. Like this

Screenshot_2019-09-10-22-53-09_1.jpg