• Greg Stewart
    • Kyle Vassell
    • Marley Watkins
    • Liam Polworth
    • Matty Kennedy
    • Fraser Murray
    • Rory McKenzie
    • Kevin Van Veen

Was definitely one of the subs IMO. All made an impact off the bench. I opted for Murray. Probably didn’t expect him to come on never mind look as lively. Probably his best league outing in a calendar year or more.

2 minutes ago, piffer said:

Was definitely one of the subs IMO. All made an impact off the bench. I opted for Murray. Probably didn’t expect him to come on never mind look as lively. Probably his best league outing in a calendar year or more.

People seem to forget he is hard working and has quality on the ball. Had a bad time of it but he is a decent player with lots of upward potential still.

I gave it to Watkins for his all round work rate and a precious goal. A great contribution from both Kennedy and Polworth - both made a massive difference 2nd half.

I thought Mayo had his worst game for a long time……..

All in all, though, a vital 3 points and great to get a win even though we have played nowhere near our best.

Liam Donnelly the unsung hero tonight. Started off shakily and was caught in possession but after that he was good. Was even better in the second half when he started dropping into defence to collect the ball and/or allow the other centre back to push on that they were reticent to do in the first half. The stick he gets from some in our crowd is absolutely embarrassing at times and you feel some are desperate for him to fail which is crazy as he's a Kilmarnock player. Guy behind me kept saying how he "despises" him...

Also can't be overlooked how difficult it is as a player, especially in his role, to only ever get gametime late in matches or when a team is trying to hold out. Thought the start would have done him the wonder of good and that tackle in the final seconds was as good as you'll see.

Still plenty to do in order to prove he's capable of being that Lyons replacement but tonight was a start. Also time for our fans to get off his back.

10 minutes ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

Liam Donnelly the unsung hero tonight. Started off shakily and was caught in possession but after that he was good. Was even better in the second half when he started dropping into defence to collect the ball and/or allow the other centre back to push on that they were reticent to do in the first half. The stick he gets from some in our crowd is absolutely embarrassing at times and you feel some are desperate for him to fail which is crazy as he's a Kilmarnock player. Guy behind me kept saying how he "despises" him...

Also can't be overlooked how difficult it is as a player, especially in his role, to only ever get gametime late in matches or when a team is trying to hold out. Thought the start would have done him the wonder of good and that tackle in the final seconds was as good as you'll see.

Still plenty to do in order to prove he's capable of being that Lyons replacement but tonight was a start. Also time for our fans to get off his back.

Step away from the crack pipe.

8 hours ago, WWWWnnnnnn! said:

If you think anybody in that team tonight was excellent you need to stop watching Maybole when we are away from home.

The subs were excellent

8 hours ago, WWWWnnnnnn! said:

Step away from the crack pipe.

tbf to Donnelly he turned up big time second half and was far better than Watson in the first who’s been posted missing the past three games

Edited by Pride_of_ayrshire

12 hours ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

Agree with all of this. He was good last night in difficult circumstances, always willing to take the ball.

He's the scapegoat of this era for sure.  Folk around me screaming at him from the first minute, minds made up before a ball is kicked.  Giving him abuse for dropping between the CB's when it was clearly the instruction of the manager. It's ignorance to the max.

Give the guy a break, he's trying his best and doesn't pick himself.