Well, shes done it now.

gdevoy

i read through all the politcal threads and i try hard to keep up to date with the the state of affairs both home and abroad, i read daily as much as i can to try and ensure i have at the very least an opinion when the topic of conversation comes up but i can never shake the feeling that Bill Hicks pretty much was right .... i genuinely would love to be as well informed as some people appear to be on here ....for now ill keep reading and learning and trying to move away from my ignorant lazy faith in Bill Hick s

quote-all-governments-are-lying-cocksuckers-bill-hicks-71-16-89.jpg

All governments want to control your perception of the world. If they control someone's perception they control that person. They don't need to control everybody's perception, they just need a critical mass and mob rule will do the rest.

Wee Nicola, Scotland could remain part of the single market ---  Theresa, naw it couldnae.

Could it? Well, IMO, mibbees, aye mibees naw.

Wee Nicola, there will be a referendum, its the will of the people ---  Theresa, there will not be a referendum the people don't want one.

Do the people really want one ? Well, IMO, mibbees, aye mibees naw, but both of the above are pretty keen to steer my perception in their direction.

Have you ever been in a position where nine poorly informed people think they know the truth but you know they are mistaken? Most people just go with the flow but a few fearless souls will make a nuisance of themselves. That's why we don't put people in prison for being attracted to members of their own gender anymore. Next time you hear someone saying something that you just feel is clearly wrong, ask yourself have you any actual proof they are wrong. 

Edited by gdevoy

Bill Hicks might have had a few witty observations but did he offer any alternative?

It goes without saying that all governments and politicians lie... there's no political capital in telling the truth because most folk don't want the truth, they want a story, and whoever can tell the best story gets elected.

3 hours ago, Scooter said:

Bill Hicks might have had a few witty observations but did he offer any alternative?

It goes without saying that all governments and politicians lie... there's no political capital in telling the truth because most folk don't want the truth, they want a story, and whoever can tell the best story gets elected.

I feel a Colonel Jessop quote from "A Few Good men" coming on  ..... "You want the truth? ..... You can't handle the truth!"