Jump to content
skygod

Rossco thread

Recommended Posts

Regarding the STV article and the players being too nice well LM signed them and manages them. He sees in training day to day and if they are too nice or aren't up to to it is his fault unfortunately. He either knows the younger players from being at the club a while or has played with a number of the older players before so the buck stops with him. I can't see him turning this round. When a manager starts criticising the players and not getting a response it is normally signals the end of the tenure.I don't think LM has the respect of the players and he also doesn't have enough distance from them for them to fear him.

Edited by MarkyMark
  • Back of the Net! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

Regarding the STV Article and the players being too nice well LM signed them and manages them. He will see them in training day to day and if they are too nice or aren't up to to it is his fault unfortunately. He either knows the players or has played with them before so the bus stops with him. I can't see him turning this round. When a manager starts criticising the players and not getting response it is normally near the end of the tenure.I don't think LM has the respect of the players. He doesn't have enough distance e from them given he played with some of them. 

Wholeheartedly agree. I'm not one for people to losing their jobs but this is not going to turn around, too far gone for that already.

Poor signings that even Lee doesn't trust to make a difference, unfit players, no plan A far less a plan B. 

 

I'm pretty well convinced he can't turn it 'round and needs to be replaced. For Ross County last week (and their fans were feeling the same as us) read Killie this week. But do the board have the bottle to act now ?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today is after we’ve worked harder, we’ve had a team meeting and we’ve had one to one talks. We’ve still not improved enough and today was a massive step backwards to worse than we were vs Motherwell.

McCulloch hasn’t taken any blame and the buck stops at him. He sets the standards. He’s told everyone that what we’ve produced so far has been acceptable when it hasn’t. 

Being soft isn’t a new thing. It’s every game. The only one who showed anything like a nasty streak was Broadfoot vs but that was too far, ended up stupid and cost us. 

He hasn’t got a clue what’s going on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, piffer said:

Being soft isn’t a new thing. It’s every game. The only one who showed anything like a nasty streak was Broadfoot vs but that was too far, ended up stupid and cost us. 

He hasn’t got a clue what’s going on

That's the strange thing. I remember when he first joined some saying all 'elbows' would do would be to teach our youngsters how to cheat. 

It just just goes to show that playing and managing are two entirely different roles, and being good at one doesn't mean you'll be competent at the other. 

I like Lee and I think he could be a good manager, but he should earn his spurs with a lower league team where the pressure to succeed isn't as great. I don't like saying that folk should get the sack, but sadly I think his time is up at Killie.

  • Back of the Net! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

Regarding the STV article and the players being too nice well LM signed them and manages them. He sees in training day to day and if they are too nice or aren't up to to it is his fault unfortunately. He either knows the younger players from being at the club a while or has played with a number of the older players before so the buck stops with him. I can't see him turning this round. When a manager starts criticising the players and not getting a response it is normally signals the end of the tenure.I don't think LM has the respect of the players and he also doesn't have enough distance from them for them to fear him.

Was about to say, McCulloch's rants are beginning to have a touch of the Richie Forlan's about them now, but you've kinda beat me too it.

So do the dignified thing LM, put your hands up, admit your sorely out your depth and stop blaming those around you. The buck stops firmly at you & PL's door.

Thanks for the effort but it's time for you & your assistant to move on and let someone else attempt to clean up the mess you've gotten us into before it's too late for us to be saved.

Edited by C4mmy31
Grammar
  • Back of the Net! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at that performance today suppose soft and too nice could be used to describe what was seen but then again so many other critical terms could be used too.......

number of issues again baffled me about LM ' teams ....all week we had the been told there would be no more excuses , that this was a vital game etc ....come the game the team sat deep , left the opposition space to play and grow confidence ,  hardly pushed forward as a unit and there was a distinct lack of togetherness from early on......then not much difference come second half 

all points to distinct lack of tactical nous and game management by the Management team but also ability to motivate and poor man management too 

 

  • Back of the Net! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't argue or disagree with any posts on this thread. Today was rotten. I didn't think last week was as bad as people said, but today was rotten. I like to try and be positive and supportive, but today was rotten. I feel Mike Bassett could have managed Ross County to a comfortable win today. Rotten.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Totally disjointed. Players going for the same ball on numerous occasions.

County weren't great but they were miles better than Killie.

Too many players going through the motions.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Lee McCulloch. Like most on here I've met him several times. He was great with my boy when he was mascot recently. However being a nice guy doesn't make you a good Manager. Sometimes I watch us and think we're not far off being a good team but something's missing ? That something should be coming from the Manager. I'd love nothing more than McCulloch turning things round but it's not going to happen. He's brought in a team of overpaid duds, he's responsible for team shape and tactics, he's responsible for substitutions and he's responsible for the complete lack of passion and desire the players are showing. I've no doubt he's been working hard to sort things out but sometimes we've just got to admit it's not working. Time to go.

  • Like 1
  • Back of the Net! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, skygod said:

 

County weren't great but they were miles better than Killie.

Too many players going through the motions.

 

 

Too many average teams come to RP and walk over us. Had we been a semi competent organised side we could arguably have lost one game at home vs Celtic. St Johnstone weren’t great, neither were Hearts, Dundee, Accies or County. All had enough about them to take points off us with little resistance.

McCulloch talked about his post match reaction. During the game I saw him do nothing. He applauded a couple of abysmal pieces of play. He waved his arms a bit. Don’t wait until your in the dressing room do it when it counts. He can’t have been that unhappy with the performances as he only used two subs. Or is he suggesting Waters and Erwin were the biggest culprits. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, piffer said:

Too many average teams come to RP and walk over us. Had we been a semi competent organised side we could arguably have lost one game at home vs Celtic. St Johnstone weren’t great, neither were Hearts, Dundee, Accies or County. All had enough about them to take points off us with little resistance.

McCulloch talked about his post match reaction. During the game I saw him do nothing. He applauded a couple of abysmal pieces of play. He waved his arms a bit. Don’t wait until your in the dressing room do it when it counts. He can’t have been that unhappy with the performances as he only used two subs. Or is he suggesting Waters and Erwin were the biggest culprits. 

Reminds you of the Gary Locke days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DuncanEwart said:

I can't argue or disagree with any posts on this thread. Today was rotten. I didn't think last week was as bad as people said, but today was rotten. I like to try and be positive and supportive, but today was rotten. I feel Mike Bassett could have managed Ross County to a comfortable win today. Rotten.  

In a word....rotten 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Candygram for mongo said:

Since Michael Johnston left it's all went breasts up. 

NO.....

 

once he goes money will be flying into the club. Things will be great off and on the pitch... and crowds will be back to five figures?

 

Did I miss somethin' .... 

  • Like 1
  • Red Card 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday County were keeping the ball on the deck and passing it around us. Is this not a clear indication to stop the hopeless long balls towards Boyd and Erwin. Another thing I noticed is Erwin desperately needed a strike partner. Most of the time yesterday he got the ball and went to the side of the box looking for someone to cross it to but nobody was there.

Edited by killieblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I commented yester when you look at the park you can still see the old lines. The park is considerably small yet we still get dragged about it and leave wide open spaces. Imagine how bad things would be if opponents still had all that space to play in and stretch us.

  • Back of the Net! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

The Killie Trust

KFC Supporters Association

Young Kilmarnock

FC Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock FC (Official)

×