County away Fred

CB

The Killie boss heaped praise on the 133 supporters who made the trip to the Highlands and helped roar the team on to complete the comeback.

He said: "I have to say a huge thank you to our supporters who made the long trip here because they were fantastic. It’s not easy to make a journey like this on a cold, midweek night in December but they got right behind the team.

"We really do appreciate their time, effort and encouragement and I hope the second half performance made the trip worth it for them."

(official site)

Brophy is becoming a very valuable player . Apparently we paid a development fee for him . Before this week he played 100 games 11goals 64 appearances from the bench . Now has 4 in 3 and could have easily got another few . Confidence does wonders for a player . I like Findlay and he is out of position but as said he’s giving a goal a game away the Now . Should have done better for Patrick’s and the Ross co first .grifftirhs goal at parkhead and Hibs goal at RP . I’d have Taylor in for Motherwell at leftback and bring Boyd or Dicker at centre back with Broadfoot . Burke in to midfield after few good sub appearances.

How did Jones play ?very much the main man till last week . Stifled in the middle people have switched on to him . Maybe with Taylor at left back jones would be better wide left again. 

Thomas Hawkshaw Erwin Frizzell all very much in and out team / squad . Good to have options I suppose Kris Boyd a true leader up front and only 2 goals from top scorer in league . Excellent . 

3 hours ago, CBFC said:

I haven't seen the goals, but someone mentioned on sport sound last night that at the first goal the defender got blocked out leaving Eagles free to score. Common ploy in games now.

Eagles didn't score he crosses the ball for both goals & for the 1st one if Findlay was blocked it was by one of our own players.

1 hour ago, skygod said:

The Killie boss heaped praise on the 133 supporters who made the trip to the Highlands and helped roar the team on to complete the comeback.

He said: "I have to say a huge thank you to our supporters who made the long trip here because they were fantastic. It’s not easy to make a journey like this on a cold, midweek night in December but they got right behind the team.

"We really do appreciate their time, effort and encouragement and I hope the second half performance made the trip worth it for them."

(official site)

God has surely instilled in the whole team the importance of the fans. There has been a distinct change in the relationship between us since he came in. I'm struggling to think of a game where the whole team didn't come across and acknowledge us at full time, particularly at away games.

1 hour ago, harley said:

Eagles didn't score he crosses the ball for both goals & for the 1st one if Findlay was blocked it was by one of our own players.

Now seen the highlights. Whoever was picking up the goalscorer was AWOL. Might have been Barry Wilson who said it, as apparently his view of the game was blocked most of the night.......

Gutted not to make the game but it appears the injuries knocked us out of sync, credit to the players for showing the fight to come back, when it went 2-0 under lock/Lee etc. that was it so was really encouraging to come back.

Interesting to see how the injuries shape up the team for Saturday, I wouldnt mind seeing Taylor at LB, also Jones for me recently hasnt been playing well however Burke only seems effective coming off the bench. I would try Kiltie where Jones is playing but dont think he's match ready yet

Already looking forward to the Motherwell game. Stevie Clarke brings hope to the weekends!

1 hour ago, Mark Robertson said:

God has surely instilled in the whole team the importance of the fans. There has been a distinct change in the relationship between us since he came in. I'm struggling to think of a game where the whole team didn't come across and acknowledge us at full time, particularly at away games.

Noticed I got a sad smiley/emoji thingy, I'll put that down to a mistake or the fact that someone's not grasped the concept of SC as God :-)

4 hours ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Brophy is becoming a very valuable player . Apparently we paid a development fee for him . Before this week he played 100 games 11goals 64 appearances from the bench . Now has 4 in 3 and could have easily got another few . Confidence does wonders for a player . I like Findlay and he is out of position but as said he’s giving a goal a game away the Now . Should have done better for Patrick’s and the Ross co first .grifftirhs goal at parkhead and Hibs goal at RP . I’d have Taylor in for Motherwell at leftback and bring Boyd or Dicker at centre back with Broadfoot . Burke in to midfield after few good sub appearances.

Whilst I agree to some extent with what you are saying but we have 1 defeat in our last 6 games and as such team changes should be minimal.

I would be keen to move Findlay to centre half on Saturday, Taylor to left back and keep everything else the same.  We have had some issues with width the last 2 games but with Taylor at LB you would get some threat down both flanks from fullbacks.

34 minutes ago, BoydsFace said:

Whilst I agree to some extent with what you are saying but we have 1 defeat in our last 6 games and as such team changes should be minimal.

I would be keen to move Findlay to centre half on Saturday, Taylor to left back and keep everything else the same.  We have had some issues with width the last 2 games but with Taylor at LB you would get some threat down both flanks from fullbacks.

I haven't watched the Thistle game back since being there, but have read analysis that we switched to more of a 4 4 2 second half and that's the point we were scoring. Was there any similar switch last night? I was slightly worried by the width too. But the manager knows what he's doing, will be interesting to see the team on Saturday. 

I really think dropping back Dicker to CB would be a waste. He’s been great in the middle.

Surely the obvious option (if gorgeous out and Findlay ok) is to put Findlay in at CB and Taylor to LB?

Scott Boyd looked well off the pace but to be fair he hasn’t been getting game time so will be rusty

8 hours ago, baz said:

It was a poor first half for us and we suffered due to the defensive changes. The match was eachy-peachy in the second half until Brophy hit that thing out of nowhere and then it was one way traffic, if anyone was going to take all three points it was us. Burke's introduction really caused them problems as J2 had not really been troubling them that much.

Boyd's first booking was for trying to stop Ross County time wasting. They were faffing about saying that our wall wasn't far enough back and Boyd, fed up waiting on the referee pacing it out, did it himself...took ten paces and he was still a few feet short of the ball. Dallas took exception to this and booked him for it. A decent referee wouldn't have even let the situation develop.

A midweek journey not for the faint-hearted but made worthwhile by the fight back and the 101 songs on the way home that somehow all managed to include the words Eamon Brophy or Wolf in there somewhere. One of them was even quite good, I just can't remember how it went!

"Ain't no trophy, without Brophy" 

The highlights are on the BBC now.

The 1st County goal, the guy was standing at the back post at a corner in 15 yards of empty space. The 2nd was a header where the County guy seemed to get about 2 feet higher than any Killie player with his jump.

Brophy did well for his goal, he is getting a lot of wee knock ons in good positions from Boyd and taking advantage of it. Boyd's booking was really just the ref loosing the plot a wee bit but Boyd should have known better. At the alleged "dive" boyd just tripped over his own feet, not simulation, and fell sort of deliberately in front of the County guy hence the free kick. Boyd did look a bit like he was asking for something but not much.

For his goal Boyd got really lucky with a really wicked deflection off the defender.

Findlay shouldn't be anywhere near the team. How many goals does he need to be responsible for before folk consider dropping him?

Why does he escape criticism when Broadfoot was dragged through the mud earlier in the season? He isn't even our player!!

The stuff he is doing wrong is basic basic stuff. Marking at a corner, staying touch tight, stopping crosses getting into the box, passing a football ten yards.

He is doing none of these.

Scott Boyd in for Greer. Leave the midfield as it is. Taylor in from the start for Findlay (which will give us more width and a better shape also) and I'd start Burke for Jones. 

That's the team right there.

6 hours ago, Bullitt said:

Findlay shouldn't be anywhere near the team. How many goals does he need to be responsible for before folk consider dropping him?

Why does he escape criticism when Broadfoot was dragged through the mud earlier in the season? He isn't even our player!!

The stuff he is doing wrong is basic basic stuff. Marking at a corner, staying touch tight, stopping crosses getting into the box, passing a football ten yards.

He is doing none of these.

Scott Boyd in for Greer. Leave the midfield as it is. Taylor in from the start for Findlay (which will give us more width and a better shape also) and I'd start Burke for Jones. 

That's the team right there.

Findlay is away at the end of the month. So, he won't be near the team. Unless we extend his loan...

I think Clarke wants some height at the back and that's why Findlay is there instead of Taylor but height is irrelevant if you lose your man as frequently as Findlay seems to do.

To be fair he clearly isn't a left back but we have lost a lot of goals down that side. Also, the guy was in miles of space for the first goal we conceded on Tuesday night but it might not have been Finlay's man. If they had been on man-marking at set-pieces it could have been someone else's responsibility.

I think a left-back will be a priority for Clarke in January. Taylor could develop more into a ball-winning midfielder. He's certainly got three good role models in there to learn from now.