Lunacy or inspired?   

115 members have voted

1. 1. Is Rangers appointment of Steven Gerard as manager an inspired appointment or lunacy?

• Inspired
    • Lunacy

Think it’s crazy all round. There’s always a chance he could turn out to be a great manager but there are so many examples of times it’s failed. From his perspective it’s a chance at a relatively big club but with all the side shows he could destroy his managerial career before it starts. 

You would think he would speak to Rodgers, Dalglish and even Steve Clarke to sound them out.

Maybe he did and none of them like him, of course....

They already have an untested youth coach in charge. Why go and get another? And why should Gerrard risk his reputation going there?

1 hour ago, Nigel4 said:

They already have an untested youth coach in charge. Why go and get another? And why should Gerrard risk his reputation going there?

Because it might be fun to watch? 

It’s  reported that Liverpool see this as breaking in SG in a managerial position and they will give him all the help he needs. 

That’s some gamble by them , I expect a lot of scouser 19 year olds to invade Govan and steal the hub caps that aren’t already missing . 

Sevco still looking for a "magic" solution to the very complex question, "how do we compete with Ceptic?"

Caxino was not the answer, I cannot for the life of me see how Gerrard will be.

1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

Sevco still looking for a "magic" solution to the very complex question, "how do we compete with Ceptic?"

Caxino was not the answer, I cannot for the life of me see how Gerrard will be.

If true that they approached Clarke and now want Gerrard, it just shows that they don‘t have a clear profile of what they want. 

What they don’t need is a Steven Gerrard type, imo.

1 hour ago, skygod said:

If true that they approached Clarke and now want Gerrard, it just shows that they don‘t have a clear profile of what they want. 

What they don’t need is a Steven Gerrard type, imo.

Reading the blog from that Phil McUnpronounceableIrishName, Gerrard is dodgy Dave's choice whilst the rest of the board wanted Sir Steve.

Not sure how reliable he is as a source mind you - I struggle to understand most of his articles

19 minutes ago, Scooby_Doo said:

He is one of those people who thinks that using big words shows how intelligent you are, when in fact makes a lot of his stuff unreadable. 

He's a clown.

Throw as much s**te at a wall as he does then some of it sticks from time to time.

Usually he's miles off.

I see Brenda is giving Sevoc some stick on the BBC for the way they have treated Murty. (He is 100% spot on IMO, just a strange Brenda talks sense story)