Scouser2

2018 World Cup

27 minutes ago, skygod said:

Agree - never deliberate handball.

Correct - They gave the FIFA description on the TV so going by that I don't see how it could have been a penalty. 

Decisions like that don't help the case for VAR, albeit overall I am actually in favour of it. 

Edited by Pelesboots
10 hours ago, piffer said:

BBC news hinted there may be a FIFA investigation into the way the Swiss players celebrated their goals tonight. Mentioned hands signals symbolising the Albanian eagle by players with Albanian roots.

I guess if the other country had exterminated or tried to exterminate my family less than 30 years ago I might consider a few ‘hand signals’ at minimum. When is this PC dross going to stop?

it was a great game of football to played in surprisingly good spirit. Serbia were denied a stonewall penalty that they are right to feel aggrieved about and both teams were trying to win. Wee Shaqiri was brilliant as he always seems to be when I see him. Can the powers that be not leave it at that?

10 hours ago, piffer said:

BBC news hinted there may be a FIFA investigation into the way the Swiss players celebrated their goals tonight. Mentioned hands signals symbolising the Albanian eagle by players with Albanian roots.

Are both Xhaka brothers not actually Kosovan who feels to Albania and then onto Switzerland?

if all he does is show some hand signals after the attempted genocide then he should get a f**kn medal not punished.

3 minutes ago, Brianstorm said:

So do we still celebrate against Germany because of the world war? 

Certain people certainly do. 2 world wars, and one world cup, is the chant I believe. True, that's the fans, not the players. But they do seem to take delight in not liking them.

Minutes away from virtually going out of tournament and the huge backlash from media and thier fans and Germany turn it around..... They still look open at the back and lacking the all round strength unlike previous German teams , Sweden should have attacked more when Germany went down to 10 men

17 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

Minutes away from virtually going out of tournament and the huge backlash from media and thier fans and Germany turn it around..... They still look open at the back and lacking the all round strength unlike previous German teams , Sweden should have attacked more when Germany went down to 10 men

Possibly the best thing for their tournament was Boateng getting a red card. He’s looked a liability from the start