Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
johnnyham

Scottish Cup v Sevco (Sat 9 Feb | 17.15 k/o | TV)

Recommended Posts

I reckon our support will certainly be down on Saturday but still think there will be a late 'scramble' on Friday and Saturday. Most folk I know won't buy until Friday afternoon or even on the day of the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The feeling I get from the Huns in my social circles is that they were more up for the league game here a couple of weeks ago than this one.
Maybe the cup has lost a bit of it's magic for some.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

The "Panic" button has been pressed again. Happens every time we have an all-ticket game, only a few days to go and "apparently" we have only sold X number of tickets. Going back to the Ayr League Cup game we won 1-0, "apparently" we had only sold a derisory number of tickets a few days before the game and we should be totally ashamed, beat ourselves up, and not be worthy of calling ourselves Kilmarnock supporters. As it turned out there was a good home support at that Ayr game, but we had to beat ourselves up over something so not sitting in your ticketed seat was the next gripe. There may or may not be a good home support on Saturday but this continual negativity despite our best league form in years doesn't help. 

 

A good point to be fair. I remember that Ayr game and a steward outside the ground telling me on way in Killie had sold less than 5000 which turned out to be utter pish.

Hopefully the figures being reported are nonsense and the team get the kind of support they deserve on Saturday

Edited by killie89

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

The "Panic" button has been pressed again. Happens every time we have an all-ticket game, only a few days to go and "apparently" we have only sold X number of tickets. Going back to the Ayr League Cup game we won 1-0, "apparently" we had only sold a derisory number of tickets a few days before the game and we should be totally ashamed, beat ourselves up, and not be worthy of calling ourselves Kilmarnock supporters. As it turned out there was a good home support at that Ayr game, but we had to beat ourselves up over something so not sitting in your ticketed seat was the next gripe. There may or may not be a good home support on Saturday but this continual negativity despite our best league form in years doesn't help. 

 

Exactly this, the amount of times people talk nonsense about tickets on this site is unreal. I doubt anyone on here knows the real figure of tickets sold.

But hey at least it's slightly better than the usual "Hearing from Rangers fans at my work that they have bought thousands of tickets for the home end".   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Secret Squirrel said:

Exactly this, the amount of times people talk nonsense about tickets on this site is unreal. I doubt anyone on here knows the real figure of tickets sold.

But hey at least it's slightly better than the usual "Hearing from Rangers fans at my work that they have bought thousands of tickets for the home end".   

Did they all fill in a form think there taking the mickey mate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Decripit said:

I don't live in Ayrshire. , will be buying 4 on Saturday.  As will others I know.

I'm in same boat - remember to get there by 1615!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Killie alan said:

Did they all fill in a form think there taking the mickey mate. 

Was just making a joke about how often I hear that line from people in real life and on this forum in recent years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have beat them before and can beat them again. Simple as that. No need to worry the pressure isn't on us. Do our jobs correctly and we will have a good chance. I hope Morelos plays aswell and we pump them again with a full team. 

YNTTK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fudger said:

I reckon our support will certainly be down on Saturday but still think there will be a late 'scramble' on Friday and Saturday. Most folk I know won't buy until Friday afternoon or even on the day of the game. 

I stay in Ayr & me & my boy will be up early Saturday afternoon to buy a couple of tickets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Eggy said:

Look around every ground on cup day and home crowds are typically halved. West Brom last night- attendance 8,645. We cant have our cake and eat it. 

 

That match was live on BBC1 and they only got that many by dropping prices to £15/ 10/ 5.

We are charging normal OF league prices for a match which is live on TV, albeit not free to air. 

I’m sure if the prices had been reduced there would have been a larger crowd but the clubs in their wisdom decided otherwise.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got mine this morning and at 10-30am there was a few killie faces in buying , originally I thought we'd have a good support at this but sadly and probably down to cost and tv I think 3000 tops killie but anyway these Huns are the enemy so get your voices ready to cheer the boys on to the next round

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Fudger said:

The feeling I get from the Huns in my social circles is that they were more up for the league game here a couple of weeks ago than this one.
Maybe the cup has lost a bit of it's magic for some.  

Even when they’ve still to win it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, KillkieBoab said:

Even when they’ve still to win it?

You would think that the Scottish cup represents for them and also us of our only chance of winning some silverware this season as none of us ( unfortunately in our case) is going to finish above ceptic to win the league that is the reality for both our clubs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morelos is head and shoulders their best player. Miles ahead of the rest. I was going anyway but now I feel it’s 50-50 and almost confident.

Edited by NorfolkG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is certainly their biggest goal threat although we kept him really quiet just two weeks ago. Don't think they will go 4-4-2 this time, more likely 4-5-1 with Defoe. Need to win the midfield battle, a Power-Dicker-Mulumbu combo in there please.

Probably will be around 3,000 home fans...at the end of the day those who are there are there, those who aren't aren't. Only thing that matters is the result. Very little between the teams, though on paper, I reckon we are a better side. SC will have a plan, and if we are on top form, we will win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there is only around 3000 Killie supporters there tomorrow evening that will be a major disappointment to the management players staff and those of us who do bother to turn up. Never have and never will understand the mindset that stops Killie supporters turning out for these games especially given how we have been more than competing against both the Bigot Brothers recently. Yes it's a bit more expensive than usual yes the morons will be singing silly songs yes we will be outnumbered but it's not that scary really, please get there if you can we are not guaranteed to win but you will feel much better with yourself if you get there and support your Club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gaffer said:

If there is only around 3000 Killie supporters there tomorrow evening that will be a major disappointment to the management players staff and those of us who do bother to turn up. Never have and never will understand the mindset that stops Killie supporters turning out for these games especially given how we have been more than competing against both the Bigot Brothers recently. Yes it's a bit more expensive than usual yes the morons will be singing silly songs yes we will be outnumbered but it's not that scary really, please get there if you can we are not guaranteed to win but you will feel much better with yourself if you get there and support your Club.

Well said. If people CAN go, it would be good to think they will.

This team busts a gut against the old firm and really deserve as big a support as possible.

I’ve changed my opinion on these games completely. Yes the songs are a misery but the team needs us. In the summer, when we speak to O’Donnell and maybe others, games like this could have an impact.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

The Killie Trust

KFC Supporters Association

Young Kilmarnock

FC Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock FC (Official)

×