Sign in to follow this  
AyrshireCocard

Killie Legends Charity Match & Sports Dinner

Hi all,

Just posting some information about Ayrshire Cancer Supports upcoming event - more legends to be confirmed over the coming days.

'Kilmarnock FC Legends Charity Match announced on Saturday 18th May 2019

Join us at Blair Park, Hurlford. Gate opens at 12 for a family fun day followed by kick off at 2pm. £5 entry/free for kids.

Players in action on the day include Ray Montgomerie, Craig Bryson, Alan Mahood, Garry Hay, Paul Di Giacamo, Craig Samson, Mark Roberts, Dylan Kerr + many more to be revealed in the coming days!  Teams managed by Jim Fleeting & Jim McSherry.

Teams will be split in two with legends playing on either team, so we are giving you the chance to play with and against the Killie Legends - £100 to play! Only 20 spaces available!

Following the game we are having our Sports Dinner at The Fenwick Hotel
Join the Killie Legends at the dinner which will be hosted by Radio Clyde’s Mark Guidi with guest speakers ex Celtic and West Ham striker Frank McAvennie & former Killie player Andy McLaren

Tickets for the dinner are £50pp with a table of 10 at £500. Tickets already selling fast with some top auction prizes to be revealed.
Contact hollywoodj@ayrshirecs.org for more information on the full day sponsorship opportunities available.'

Thanks

ACS

Edited by ayrshirecs

What an absolutely fantastic day that is in prospect! Well done on getting that organised

Edited by fmcc

4 hours ago, BigRonFaeTheQueenVic said:

Just to double check-  there are fixtures that weekend. Is it presumed that Killie will be playing on the Sunday barring any unexpected crash in form?

If Kilmarnock finish top 6 (hopefully now a certainty!) then it is likely to be the Sunday that they will play the last game of the season - contacted SFA to confirm.

We've had a huge response to this event it has been brilliant - I can also confirm John Gaghan will also be speaking at this event now aswell and Andy McLaren will be playing in the game before the dinner too.

Big thanks to the Killie Trust aswell for taking a table at the dinner and supplying the kits for the game and the Ayrshire Referees Association for providing a referee free of charge,

Thanks to everyone who has already bought tickets to play in the match (the majority of those want to line up against Monty!) & to those who have taken tables already - shaping up to be a cracker. Get in touch for information on taking a table.

Look out for a post on Friday, 4 ex Killie players will be confirmed as playing & a famous Killie fan confirmed to play! (Not Marie Osmond)

Hi folks,

I'm organising a photocall for this event at Rugby Park in the coming weeks with some of the legends to promote it - I would like to have some fans present aswell for the picture. We have a big promotional banner for it.

It will be for the Daily Record and Kilmarnock Standard.

If you'd be keen to be involved please drop me a private message and we can see if dates tie in- thanks!

An update 13/20 playing spaces sold and only 10 tables left for the dinner.

Edited by ayrshirecs

Hi guys,

Please pass the below on to any Killie fans with kids aged 5-10 - fantastic opportunity.

We are looking for 20 mascots for our Killie Legends Match on Saturday 18th May at Blair Park Hurlford for Ayrshire Cancer Support.

We are looking for 20 boys or girls aged between 5-10 years old to walk out with the players and be involved in the warm up before the game. Nutz the Squirrel will also be there to walk out with the teams!

We will have the Kilmarnock Standard there to take pictures and the mascots will have a chance with pictures with the players who include the likes of Craig Bryson, Craig Samson, Garry Hay, Ray Montgomerie and Steven Cree from Outlander plus many more!

All we ask is for a £10 donation to Ayrshire Cancer Support. Please tag away and if interested phone 01563 538008 or email hollywoodj@ayrshirecs.org

Has anyone else on the forum bought a playing space for this? I'm hoping there is at least one other massively out-of-shape (in every sense!) supporter playing who I can line-up against! If you're going along, be generous to the chubby guy playing in Monty's team! 

3 hours ago, johnnyham said:

Has anyone else on the forum bought a playing space for this? I'm hoping there is at least one other massively out-of-shape (in every sense!) supporter playing who I can line-up against! If you're going along, be generous to the chubby guy playing in Monty's team! 

I'll be giving you pelters for the full twenty minutes that you last

5 hours ago, tommybunnett said:

I'll be giving you pelters for the full twenty minutes that you last

Thanks pal :D 

Half portions at the Chinese this week in preparation. If Eremenko can do it...