Sign in to follow this  
skygod

A View From The Terrace

9 hours ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

Good wee bit on Innes Cameron's form on this week's show. Looking forward to seeing him back at Killie next season.

Just watched that. The guys describe him as a “unit”. When you see his height and build we could certainly do with him to give us some presence up front.

Shaughan knows his stuff on the lower leagues - good to hear. Most encouraging is that the way he described him develop is exactly what you'd want to hear from a player on loan in the lower leagues. 

I watched the first season of this but this season has seen me falling asleep, not watching or fast forwarding through shows.

It's very worthy to concentrate on the lower divisions but listening to four guys discussing the relative merits of Stenhousemuir, Edinburgh City and the rest is too dull for me. 

The filmed segments on small clubs are more interesting but the format of the four presenters has become stale for me. 

I think this season has been better than the first. Getting players on has been good, Lewis Stevenson in particular. The vt bits are fantastic - I see they've been nominated for a big sports broadcasting award recently. 

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 7:33 PM, skygod said:

It's very worthy to concentrate on the lower divisions but listening to four guys discussing the relative merits of Stenhousemuir, Edinburgh City and the rest is too dull for me. 

I'd listen to that every day of the week over another Old Firm centric love-in that you get everywhere else.

Personally I think it's a great show. A couple of the presenters can be a wee bit annoying at times, but on the whole I really enjoy it.

We really need someone to do Paper Roses at the end of the programme

On 12/3/2019 at 7:33 PM, skygod said:

I watched the first season of this but this season has seen me falling asleep, not watching or fast forwarding through shows.

The filmed segments on small clubs are more interesting but the format of the four presenters has become stale for me. 

Couldn’t disagree more!

I think we’re lucky to have it. Yes some episodes, and individual items, inevitably work better than others. It’s the visual equivalent of a fanzine in a world of glossy ‘match day magazines’
However, if you really want to appreciate how good it is, and why we should treasure it while it’s still with us, just watch Football Focus. 

Football Focus hasn’t been worth watching since it was presented by Sam Leitch! 

I didn't know it was still running. 

Edited by skygod