Wimmin's fitba...

2 hours ago, david mcbeth said:

Why is VAR being used again and again for borderline - or in the case of that penalty non existent - decisions?

According to the FIFA directive I saw, it’s specifically to irritate you. Either that or it’s because the idea it can only be used to identity glaring mistakes, is an idea fabricated by English tv commentators. 

Edited by Zorro

Watching the semaye-final in Fado's, Chicago ...those U S of A soocer moms franchise clap high fives and fist bumps all round as they go into the locker rooms, their offfense have sacked that 3 Lines netminder 2 times to 1! 

The Englandshire deeefence were made to pay for some dumbass play, goofin' around with the soccer ball until somebody messed up.

Crashed in the second semaye-final in a row, they were kinda hoping their international franchise would bring home their first soccer cup since the summer of '56 but they're outta here!

#60YearsOfLame

The U S were comfortable in traffic and soaked up a ton of pressure ...root beers all round already! Whoohoooo!!!

U S A ! ... U S A !

ShamelessSmugGuppy.webp

Just now, david mcbeth said:

It didn’t help the ref make the right penalty call because that was never a penalty.  And I thought level was onside but no doubt that’s another rule change I’ve missed. It’s all a load of pish IMO 

Her foot was offside, correct call, but I agree I didn’t think it was a penalty. It looked to me she instigated contact. It all comes down to personal interpretation though. 

Bright, she wasn't very. Thought VAR got both the offside and penalty right. Penalty from the front looked like no contact, but from behind the USA player made contact with the English player's leg. USA are a class apart and are completely professional, sometimes annoyingly so when they close down a game. They wouldn't blow a 3-0 lead.

55 minutes ago, Scooter said:

Watching the semaye-final in Fado's, Chicago ...those U S of A soocer moms franchise clap high fives and fist bumps all round as they go into the locker rooms, their offfense have sacked that 3 Lines netminder 2 times to 1! 

The Englandshire deeefence were made to pay for some dumbass play, goofin' around with the soccer ball until somebody messed up.

Crashed in the second semaye-final in a row, they were kinda hoping their international franchise would bring home their first soccer cup since the summer of '56 but they're outta here!

#60YearsOfLame

The U S were comfortable in traffic and soaked up a ton of pressure ...root beers all round already! Whoohoooo!!!

U S A ! ... U S A !

ShamelessSmugGuppy.webp

A shameless rip off of USA Soccer Guy 

25 minutes ago, Bobby14 said:

A shameless rip off of USA Soccer Guy 

No shame! At all! 9_9 The US commentary was hilarious ...wit aboot it? 

Makes a change from reading fandan comments about VAR technicalities xD

35 minutes ago, david mcbeth said:

Cant agree about the penalty. The England player kicks her opponent with the backlift for her attempted shot and falls over - accidental collision for me. 

Yup. I’m with you on this. Her leg goes back and out to the right. You can’t give a penalty for a player throwing their leg at you. 

Can’t disagree with the US commentator’s opinion that the England defence were guilty of dumbass play, goofin’ about with the ball until someone lost it. 

Houghton and Bright were hopeless in and out of possession, the latter being a gallumping carhorse to boot. 

And what about the LB throwing the ball in off her top-knot and thinking she could have a second go?! 

The US were far superior, despite the fact that, but for a borderline offside and missed penalty, they could have gone out. 

Tbh this tea drinking celebration is something VAR should’ve intervened on. In real-time it looked more like espresso she was drinking but when you see the replays it’s clear she’s imitating drinking tea. As a drunken, violent, ginger, work-shy Scotsman I’m outraged to see our neighbours mocked in this racist manner. 

Edited by Zorro

On 7/3/2019 at 5:23 PM, Zorro said:

Tbh this tea drinking celebration is something VAR should’ve intervened on. In real-time it looked more like espresso she was drinking but when you see the replays it’s clear she’s imitating drinking tea. As a drunken, violent, ginger, work-shy Scotsman I’m outraged to see our neighbours mocked in this racist manner. 

ginger... explains a lot :5:

On 7/7/2019 at 12:22 AM, david mcbeth said:

I didn’t watch as our brave lionesses had their last roar - or was it a miaow? - today but I checked out some of the comments on the BBC website.

Interestingly some of the England women’s former players were offering a more realistic assessment of the areas for improvement and being obliquely critical of Neville for his classless antics. If it was a ‘nonsense game’ why turn up to play it was the sentiment. 

Unlike the BBC pundits whose hyperbole was in complete overdrive. ‘The best team in the tournament didn’t even finish third’ apparently and it’s everybody and everything’s fault but their own. Well, I’ve watched a lot of it and I’ve seen six teams that were definitely better than England - France, USA, Japan, Italy, Brazil and Netherlands - and England have also lost to Sweden who tbh I think are about the same standard - maybe slightly better. So how that makes them best and not 7th or 8th best I will leave to others to figure out.

Absolutely David. And USA streets ahead of them. 

On 7/7/2019 at 12:22 AM, david mcbeth said:

I didn’t watch as our brave lionesses had their last roar - or was it a miaow? - today but I checked out some of the comments on the BBC website.

Interestingly some of the England women’s former players were offering a more realistic assessment of the areas for improvement and being obliquely critical of Neville for his classless antics. If it was a ‘nonsense game’ why turn up to play it was the sentiment. 

Unlike the BBC pundits whose hyperbole was in complete overdrive. ‘The best team in the tournament didn’t even finish third’ apparently and it’s everybody and everything’s fault but their own. Well, I’ve watched a lot of it and I’ve seen six teams that were definitely better than England - France, USA, Japan, Italy, Brazil and Netherlands - and England have also lost to Sweden who tbh I think are about the same standard - maybe slightly better. So how that makes them best and not 7th or 8th best I will leave to others to figure out.

And to think Engerland could’ve knocked the yanks out if it hadn’t been for VAR saving the match officials blushes. 

59 minutes ago, david mcbeth said:

Maybe you'll show your true colours on VAR when Andrew Dallas awards SevCo their ninth penalty in a single game ?

Maybe you’ll concede it works when Defoe is given his second yellow for diving to try and win penalties. 

You’ll never resolve the issue of refereeing incompetence by hiding it in the shadows. You fix it by turning the spotlight on it. 

1 hour ago, david mcbeth said:

PS I also heard  what sounded like monkey noises every time a black SevCo player touched the ball. Something tells me that was not coming from St Joseph fans, but as a TV viewer I coudl be wrong,

The game was in Gibraltar, maybe it was real monkey noises?...

9 hours ago, david mcbeth said:

I watched a s**te game on TV this afternoon in which Defoe committed a foul which was a clear red only to be given a yellow, then dived for an imagnary penalty which should have been a second yellow but got off with it.

If you are saying VAR would have fixed that then I will bite your hand off, but I have my doubts.

PS I also heard  what sounded like monkey noises every time a black SevCo player touched the ball. Something tells me that was not coming from St Joseph fans, but as a TV viewer I coudl be wrong, and again I have no faith that VAR or anything else will deal with it. 

As you’ve correctly identified, the current system of one bloke with a whistle and two with flags, ends with so many wrong decisions, I’m struggling to understand why you’re so reluctant to accept a system that changes all that.