Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jedi2

Roon the Toon

Recommended Posts

Was a good day/event again yesterday..anyone else take part? Apologies if I have missed another thread on this elsewhere.

Edited by Jedi2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brilliant event, thoroughly enjoyed running it. 

Had a great time spotting all the old Killie strips as I went. 

Two free Moffat stand tickets is a brilliant gesture from the club (a bit annoying that my season ticket is in the east... But genuinely excellent from the club). 

Delighted to have a running top with the Killie badge on the back! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i am in Bellfield, so runners were abandoning their cars outside my front door on Sunday morning.  I had to laugh at one particular couple, it was clear they took it very serious as they parked up slightly blocking my drive.  He got out with the full gear on stretching weirdly on my fence, while his wife, fully clad in "im an outdoors fitness type person but not actually running" atire.

She came round from the passenger side kissed him and then hugged him as if he was heading off to war. In my head all i could hear was Pink Floyd -When The Tigers Broke Free, playing.  After one final big stretch he excitedly headed towards the event while she proudly walked behind.

Always get the feeling for every person doing it for the right reason theres always someone doing it so they can say "yeah yeah i was running at an event at the weekend beat my best time"

Fair play to everyone who took part and all the money these people raised.  I had bunk beds to dismantle and take to the dump on Sunday or i would have taken part .........honest.

Great to see so many Killie strips in the crowd and all the different age groups giving it a crack.  It creates a brilliant buzz round the town and seems to get bigger every year

 

Edited by Sp3ckyh0td0g81

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sp3ckyh0td0g81 said:

Always get the feeling for every person doing it for the right reason theres always someone doing it so they can say "yeah yeah i was running at an event at the weekend beat my best time"

Its a "PB" in running circles mate, allegedly xD

It was a good turnout and seemed a decent day, i went to watch the missus running it and i was knackered just watching everyone after a late night after Hampden on Sat. There were some crackin Killie tops on show and the t-shirt is a cracker. Fair play to everyone who put themselves through that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

Its a "PB" in running circles mate, allegedly xD

It was a good turnout and seemed a decent day, i went to watch the missus running it and i was knackered just watching everyone after a late night after Hampden on Sat. There were some crackin Killie tops on show and the t-shirt is a cracker. Fair play to everyone who put themselves through that.

Only PB I have is a Pie & Bovril :12:I ran a 10K once in my life about 8 years ago still recovering 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ran the race too. Good run and well supported. I was a little disappointed at the number of Killie tops on display. The plan had been to have 150 folk running in Killie tops.I reckon there may have been 50? Good day though I did run a PW!I'll be back next year. Great ideal to issue free tickets which I will take and pass on to someone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having also managed a 'PB' this time, happy with that, always amazes me how some folk manage to run that distance in around 35-40 minutes...incredible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took part in this after commiting to it in the pub last year after a few beers. 

 I hadn't ran the length of myself in years but in February i started going out twice a week,  running to a lamp post then walking to the next one. Every time I'd do a little bit more until I built myself up to  10k without stopping. 

I managed to complete roon the toon in  just over an hour and raise over 4 figures for the neonatal  department at crosshouse hospital. 

 

Not bad for a fat **** from bellfield :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, samo said:

I took part in this after commiting to it in the pub last year after a few beers. 

 I hadn't ran the length of myself in years but in February i started going out twice a week,  running to a lamp post then walking to the next one. Every time I'd do a little bit more until I built myself up to  10k without stopping. 

I managed to complete roon the toon in  just over an hour and raise over 4 figures for the neonatal  department at crosshouse hospital. 

 

Not bad for a fat **** from bellfield :-)

Fair play Samo, you looked like you were enjoying yourself!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

The Killie Trust

KFC Supporters Association

Young Kilmarnock

FC Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock FC (Official)

×