New Killie Kits 2019-20

KillieUSA

2 hours ago, Lroy said:

It's going to be on the neck of the shirt on the back. Current badge on front.

Any reason why? This could really ruin the whole thing especially if it's in full technicolour. 

That hand badge would've been cracking on the strip with the 150th crest used for other stuff

Edited by Pompey Exile

3 hours ago, Lroy said:

Here's the 2 that I presented to the club. I always prefered the coat of arms but I think the ball and hand should have been the logo on its own. The club took it and added a few stuff around it but I'd have prefered it simpler.

D6WcE0vW4AA4o9d?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

The Pistol Fingers and Ball the club used looks tacky and bit generic, compared to your 2019 version of the 1869 version.  

Looks like the club adapted the design above to the current (brilliant) badges layout and chucked in a bit of Man City!

For my 2 cents: I reckon both the coat of arms and club version have too much going on.  IMO a simple logo like that looks classy and requires no wording around it.  Has alll thew important elements of our usual badge too. And every Killie fan knows what that is, even if they didn't know it was the original badge, they'd soon find out.

Edited by RAG

My two cents are that the coat of arms logo is a f**king screamer and would have been a major PR win. Its classy, provokes a sense of history and covers almost every base in terms of representing all club logos to date.

The 150 logo is too modern and clean cut, I think the club have missed a trick. 

8 hours ago, Bobby14 said:

My two cents are that the coat of arms logo is a f**king screamer and would have been a major PR win. Its classy, provokes a sense of history and covers almost every base in terms of representing all club logos to date.

I didn't make the coat of arms up, that's already our coat or arms, given to us in 1992 by the Lord Lyon. That's my interpretation of it. We've never used the whole thing, just the crest at the top. Here's the image from the certificate below along with my version in colour. It used to be on the entrance to the directors box at the ground. The legal wording that describes the coat of arms is what counts and I designed my version to fit with the wording. 

D6WbMOcXkAEbKHk?format=jpg&name=mediumq2lt8eE.jpg

5 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Was out clubs hands, a certain Lord wasn't playing ball and only let them put it on the back as a compromise I heard

Fair enough mate. I just wanted to buy one and get a gold or silver pen for players to sign and frame with the badge on front. Would be a proper one off collectors item. 

6 hours ago, Lroy said:

I've got 11 guys here who disagree.

1883195411_imageGen(1).png.6707bc829cdaa147cfe7c17b4de2d584.png

9 hours ago, Lroy said:

I didn't make the coat of arms up, that's already our coat or arms, given to us in 1992 by the Lord Lyon.  

I got the reference, that’s why I think the logo is a great nod to the past and a collaboration of all our badges through the past 150 years. 

On the team photo... surely the club will have current players posing in the same fashion as the original squad photo for the 150 kit launch! 

P45 time for the PR team if not :P

41 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

I do but don't need to like it

I can think of lots of s**t Killie strips over the years which have been nothing like Dundee or Falkirk kits.

Fortunately, these days you have to wait just a year before they are changed again, so you can console yourself with that.