Killie61

Liam Millar

Liverpool have offered to let Liam Millar return to Kilmarnock.

Record Sport understands a deal to take the Canadian international back to Rugby Park on loan has been agreed between both clubs.

The deal is subject to Angelo Alessio giving the move the green light. The Killie boss is analysing his attack options and wants to strengthen to give Eamonn Brophy more back-up after Kris Boyd’s retirement.

Millar had a successful loan spell last season under Steve Clarke. Liverpool have seen the benefits of Millar playing first-team football rather than at academy level and are keen for him to head back to Ayrshire.

The striker can also play wide and his pace helped Killie seal their return to Europa League football. If Killie see off Connah’s Quay at Rugby Park tomorrow, Alessio will also be able to add to his squad.

4 minutes ago, Fudger said:

Millar, mulumbu and another two attacking options would be very good business this window. 

I'd heard Mulumbu priced himself massively out of a move.

Just now, Fletch said:

I'd heard Mulumbu priced himself massively out of a move.

That’s disappointing if true but hardly surprising in the modern game. Oh well, maybe see him in January again. 

This would be sensational news. Says a lot about Millar that he wants to come back. 

Think regretfully if Mulumbu is more interested in the money need to move on from that one.

Very good news. Played in the Liverpool team at the weekend in a friendly with first team players, so must be rated there still. 

Fantastic player, excited to see the level he can reach with another season and more games under his belt, plus his celebration at St mirren was class. Lets hope we get it over the line.

A quick search of his name on Twitter brings up a number of tweets from Liverpool fans excited by his second half performance against Bradford. With a run of games under his belt, he could be huge for us this season.

19 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Very good news. Played in the Liverpool team at the weekend in a friendly with first team players, so must be rated there still. 

Mate he is signed a five year deal last season brilliant news if true. 

Would be great to have him back, was surprised he didn’t get more starting opportunities last season. I wonder if this a situation where Alex Dyers influence could be key as he will be able to advise AA what qualities he will be able to bring to the squad

Fantastic news if true. MacAleney i was also impressed with . however  I feel we are still very light in the squad  in a few areas and need to change  freshen up on some of the loanees if thats the market we need to operate in Miller and MacAleney excluded. Perhaps AA has irons in the fire I hope so.

1 hour ago, Steppskillie said:

This would be sensational news. Says a lot about Millar that he wants to come back. 

Even before last season ended, LM was touting himself to return......

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-loanee-liam-millar-insists-14983472.amp&ved=2ahUKEwjE7NTsvrvjAhUhQEEAHVBnAfoQFjAAegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw3sI_dR4izSAKB00KGGk1-5&ampcf=1

Edited by C4mmy31