Addio Alessio

the doomed

First off, with the exception of Burke, the players were a disgrace tonight.

The lack of signings has cost us dear tonight, why the hell haven't we signed and players?

Tactically, playing 3 defensive midfielders and one striker at home to a team of part timers is absolute madness.

Taking Burke off was an incredible decision, the only player providing any creativity for us.

Alessio cannot recover from that tonight. That's right up there with the worst results in our history.

All of the positivity will be gone, but we can still recover the position by cutting our losses and getting rid of this guy.

My disbelief tonight has now turned to anger, I really cannot believe what I witnessed tonight, no positives whatsoever.

1 minute ago, pmonty3 said:

Players should be ashamed tonight. Manager should be embarrassed. 

We know the players we have can perform. We don't know if Alessio can. Early evidence suggests he can't. 

I think we all know, deep down, this isn't going to work. I'd totally back getting rid of him now and face up to the fact we made a big mistake. Our players need coached yes but more importantly they need motivated. This guy isn't the answer. 

Absolutely gutted tonight. All those highlights last year, that incredible last day of the season - all for that. Up there with my worse experiences as a Killie fan. Probably the very worst. 

I believe the players can perform also but not in this highly fluid style. "Partizan coach Savo Milosevic believes that likely Europa League qualifying opponents Kilmarnock struggled to beat Connah's Quay Nomads in Wales because they are a counter-attacking team who were obliged to attack for a change." he IMO had it spot on, our best performances last season came against teams who came to play. Trying to play across the park infront of a structured defence last season wasn't our game and isn't going to be our game this season especially with a skeleton squad.

Surely the obvious replacement for Sir Stevie was AD or Gary Holt? Started to become obvious to me when Clarke left that our board didn't think Dyer was up to taking over. That was another mistake from them! Dyer has to be more capable than Alessio! Alessio was worth an interview yes but when you realise he can't speak great English it should have been thanks but no thanks. 

Whilst we say these are the same players who performed last season under Clarke we need to remember that they are also the same players who were bottom of the league when Clarke took over. I wonder which version AA will bring out of them? For its looking more like the relegation fodder players we will see if we stick with him.I honestly don't think there is any way back for the manager after this. Hopefully he can see this himself and we get rid of him and Donati asap.

1 hour ago, NorfolkG said:

The hilarious over reaction has cheered me up. It’s his second game. And he is trying to instil new ideas. It might work, it might not. But it’s his SECOND GAME.

Shocking result - one of our worst ever - and he is culpable but the players were gutless. Real quality leaders shirking their responsibility.

Did you not contradict yourself?

The manager unfortunately is looking like he is way out of his depth after just two games but the players really need to take a long hard look at themselves for allowing 18 months of what SC created go up in smoke so spectacularly they should have been good enough to see off this team!

3 minutes ago, jamieboy said:

Surely the obvious replacement for Sir Stevie was AD or Gary Holt? Started to become obvious to me when Clarke left that our board didn't think Dyer was up to taking over. That was another mistake from them! Dyer has to be more capable than Alessio! Alessio was worth an interview yes but when you realise he can't speak great English it should have been thanks but no thanks. 

Would love to see the names we knocked back for this guy

Really hard to see any way back from tonight. As remarked elsewhere a Gary Locke result if ever there was one.

Without a fundamental change of direction it is hard to see anything but an August and September of bad results followed by a change of manager before the start of Octiber.

Just now, Bbk said:

The manager unfortunately is looking like he is way out of his depth after just two games but the players really need to take a long hard look at themselves for allowing 18 months of what SC created go up in smoke so spectacularly they should have been good enough to see off this team!

I suspect the players tried to do what AA asked them to do. However I don't think they have the confidence in his systems to carry it out with any conviction and that showed. 

1 minute ago, Brian1168 said:

Did you not contradict yourself?

I don’t think so.

Horrible result, horrible second half but to be calling for him to be sacked is lunacy. And, regardless, we can’t afford it.

The stuff begins the scenes is a different matter though. And I know nothing about that.

1 minute ago, gdevoy said:

Really hard to see any way back from tonight. As remarked elsewhere a Gary Locke result if ever there was one.

Without a fundamental change of direction it is hard to see anything but an August and September of bad results followed by a change of manager before the start of Octiber.

Hopefully SC will get miffed with the time off and could replicate his tenure as Killie manager in October AGAIN!!

Had my doubts when he was appointed now I am certain.There is obviously a language problem plus there seems to be other problems that players aren't happy about .Find it hard to believe that a manager would start European campaign with only one recognised striker plus did we really need another defensive midfielder.Can't see him last any length of time .Probably back to Europe before Brexit 

Some thoughts...

Unbelievable lack of width, especially on the left

Midfield 3 didn't know what to do together

Brophy isolated and just trying to win physical battles

Never seen so many players with the ball at there feet asking for options

Lack of realisation and change from the touchline

When it came, wrong decisions and too late.

Finally, any goodwill towards the "club" has now evaporated on and off the park since we said "bye bye rangers"

Gutted

Edited by Allymitchell91

1 hour ago, Piersquared said:

Forget any Alessio disharmony pish, that was seasoned pros totally downing tools. Power, Dicker and El Makrini were abysmal. McKenzie anonymous and the game didn’t suit Brophy at all.

On Alessio, it was obvious 60 minutes into the away tie we needed another striker up top. Literally any tall player to keep them occupied. Playing 3 defensive midfielders was unreal. 

Embarrassing.

Couldn’t agree with you any less. Think Power was his usual self, kept possession well and won a lot of second ball. Dicker played more of a defensive role and allowed the full back to play almost as forwards (particularly Taylor). McKenzie was (along with Burke) one who looked like might make something happen. Brophy was poor and showed again his shortcomings in attack. He’ll work hard but doesn’t create much or carry much of a goal threat. 

Edited by Bobby14

Power annoyed me the most tonight. When playing a system like this we need to spread the play quickly when we have an overload on one side. The amount of times he was passed the ball and instead of turning and giving it to the 2v1 on the right he just played it back the way he was facing, missing the opportunity. I don't really blame him though, he's being asked to do a role which he doesn't fit into. He's a tackler, a harrier, and a leader in the middle of the park - but he's in no way in hell a playmaker. Square legs in round holes all round tonight. If the manager can't sack off this system then he has to go. 

1 minute ago, killienice said:

Constantly rooted to the goal line,dived out the way before the penalty had been struck -well passed his sell by date...

If you think Jamie MacDonald is the only player worth highlighting for a poor performance your off your head! 

I haven’t seen a performance like that from power since Ayr , Taylor never beat a man in fact apart from Burke there wasn’t a single player worth a wage tonight.

the problem with a ‘style’ is you need to have the player and/or time to implement. This game came to early to fully train on it and we aren’t Chelsea who can buy in what we need. Steve Clarke was obv tactically good but first he made it simple, this system already seems to be confusing the players.