Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Scooter

Well done to the Nomads

Recommended Posts

They came to do a job and got it done!

Players can't go out and celebrate though as most of them have real work tomorrow and need to get the bus home tonight! 

Best o' luck in next round lads cheers.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was brutal to watch, but as we showed last season, with a game plan and players who know their jobs inside out it shows what can be done. 

As much as I’m angry about tonight, it’s not with them. All the best to them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nigel4 said:

It was brutal to watch, but as we showed last season, with a game plan and players who know their jobs inside out it shows what can be done. 

As much as I’m angry about tonight, it’s not with them. All the best to them

Some of their tackles were stinking.

We were defensively strong last season but we were very fair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Scooter said:

Stay classy lads, eh? :)

Indeed mate.

A s**te team came with a game plan. Their game plan was better than the “big teams” game plan.

We are the mugs.

Edited by Merk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aside from the heavy handedness I thought they got it spot on tactically. They nullified Brophy. Allowed The three midfielders and two CBs to pointlessly pass between them. And they marked two of our best players out the game. Not in two years have Taylor or SOD looked to come inside and play a backwards pass as often. 

It wasn’t pretty but it was effective. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was so clear that this new system where sod and Greg are basically the full back and winger themselves they didn’t know what to do. Greg had no JJ or millar in front to pass to resulting in constant back passes to lots of boos which I don’t agree with as there was just no where for him to pass. Just evident all night nobody was showing for the ball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Scooter said:

They came to do a job and got it done!

Players can't go out and celebrate though as most of them have real work tomorrow and need to get the bus home tonight! 

Best o' luck in next round lads cheers.gif

Yes we’ll played. Would have liked our manager to have given them credit rather than focussing on tactics and referee. Embarrassing and lacked class. . They got the job done. Huge night for welsh league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Trojan76 said:

Thought clapping them was farcical, why shown team of cloggers who have just dumped us out of Europe such respect. No thanks 

Have you ever played fitba? Do you only shake hands with opponents you beat? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Trojan76 said:

Thought clapping them was farcical, why shown team of cloggers who have just dumped us out of Europe such respect. No thanks 

Think about it ...we've no divine right to win anything, our 'silky soccer' being no match to a team of semi-pros and we've just been dumped out of Europe!

It's win at all costs and they did, so have a bit of humility and respect their achivement!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we had pulled a comparable result and performance off in this competition, we would be loving the fact that opposition fans clapped our team.

If we had fought with half the intensity that Nomads did, we might have had a chance last night. Everyone knew what to expect, and we couldn't handle it. 

Edited by KennyH80

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Scooby_Doo said:

Have you ever played fitba? Do you only shake hands with opponents you beat? 

No, always shake hands, but I wouldn't expect spectators of the opposing team to clap me off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Scooter said:

They came to do a job and got it done!

Players can't go out and celebrate though as most of them have real work tomorrow and need to get the bus home tonight! 

 

To be fair, 8 of the team are professionals with Nomads

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Trojan76 said:

Thought clapping them was farcical, why shown team of cloggers who have just dumped us out of Europe such respect. No thanks 

You win a game of football by scoring more goals than the other team while playing within the rules. The Nomads did that and dumped a ‘professional’ team from the competition. I consider myself a respectful football supporter and give credit where credit is due - that’s why I applauded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, czuko said:

You win a game of football by scoring more goals than the other team while playing within the rules. The Nomads did that and dumped a ‘professional’ team from the competition. I consider myself a respectful football supporter and give credit where credit is due - that’s why I applauded.

How often do you clap the opposition off the pitch after being beat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

How often do you clap the opposition off the pitch after being beat?

I’d say - every time a team, leagues below us in quality, financing and infrastructure pump us in our back to door by tactically outdoing us and playing to their strengths.

Bleeting about fans applauding an opposition team is pathetic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They had the right attitude, played to their limited strengths and pumped us out of Europe. I applauded them.

Just as I booed our team of prissy, half-arsed billy big-times off the park.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

The Killie Trust

KFC Supporters Association

Young Kilmarnock

FC Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock FC (Official)

×