Jump to content
Dieter's Heeder

Greg Taylor (AWAY)

Recommended Posts

Celtic move for Greg Taylor as Kilmarnock put £3million price tag on left-back

The champions have launched their attempt to land the Scotland cap who is keen on the move.

Celtic have launched their attempt to sign Kilmarnock star Greg Taylor.

It’s understood the eight in a row winners got in touch with the Rugby Park club on Thursday to ask how much they wanted for their left-back.

And it’s believed Celtic were told £3million.

The Hoops are still interested in the Scotland cap but do not want to go as high as the figure quoted.

Celtic have not tabled a bid but there is expected to be an offer made over the next 48 hours.

Killie chairman Billy Bowie is aware Taylor is keen on the move.

Talks between the clubs and the player’s representatives are due to continue to see if an agreement can be thrashed out.

 

Celtic are likely to go to around £1million as well as including the offer of players on loan.

Kilmarnock are keen on Jack Hendry and he could be included to try to smooth over any deal.

Celtic are looking to get the transfer sealed so Taylor is for next week’s derby with Rangers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

1 million plus players on loan. No chance. 3 million or 2 million plus Lewis Morgan or 1.5 plus hendry and Morgan. On permanent deals. 

Morgan isn't going to take a massive pay cut to join us on a permanent deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

Celtic move for Greg Taylor as Kilmarnock put £3million price tag on left-back

The champions have launched their attempt to land the Scotland cap who is keen on the move.

Celtic have launched their attempt to sign Kilmarnock star Greg Taylor.

It’s understood the eight in a row winners got in touch with the Rugby Park club on Thursday to ask how much they wanted for their left-back.

And it’s believed Celtic were told £3million.

The Hoops are still interested in the Scotland cap but do not want to go as high as the figure quoted.

Celtic have not tabled a bid but there is expected to be an offer made over the next 48 hours.

Killie chairman Billy Bowie is aware Taylor is keen on the move.

Talks between the clubs and the player’s representatives are due to continue to see if an agreement can be thrashed out.

 

Celtic are likely to go to around £1million as well as including the offer of players on loan.

Kilmarnock are keen on Jack Hendry and he could be included to try to smooth over any deal.

Celtic are looking to get the transfer sealed so Taylor is for next week’s derby with Rangers.

Did Brianstorm answer the phone? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

£1m???? F.O!!! You want him, you know the price. Hope Bowie plays hard ball like Celtic did with Tierney & Arsenal.

Taylor is worth £3m all day long.

In two three years they’ll be selling him for £20m no doubt.  

I wouldn’t be taking players on loan either. That’s only looks good on us for however long the loan deal is. 

PERMANENT DEAL ONLY PLEASE!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kfc_superteam said:

1 million plus players on loan. No chance. 3 million or 2 million plus Lewis Morgan or 1.5 plus hendry and Morgan. On permanent deals. 

I’m sure Morgan’s wages would well exceed our budget. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those idiots on radio Clyde were touting him last night but "obviously he wouldn't be celtics first choice."

Will be raging if we sell after letting Waters go on loan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Celtic always do this. Low ball teams around them but are stubborn and want paid top dollar for their own players. No brainer in terms of a business model but it is insulting and infuriating. 

Who is a striker or attacking player we could get on loan from them? 

If we can't get a decent payday and loan player, I would hold out for all the money and use it to buy in one or two players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Right asking price being set. I don't really get why getting a player on loan would add to the value to any extent? 

Spot on take the cash not that interested in their rejects... besides their wages are too high so they will never come to us permanently and we are back to rebuilding at the end of the season after the loans go back to their own clubs. Look what happened this year when Bachmann et al left we have a threadbare squad which is crippling us.

Edited by tanerba'Tam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still have my doubts that there is genuine interest other than Taylor being one of a number of options they been looking at .....

but hopefully the Board will stick to the value they have for our player , there seems no rush to sell for first offer we get or to seek any transfer fee to make the balance sheet look better....like under a previous Chairman .....so hopefully will not see a cut price fee agreed after a few days of the usual media "pressure" to sell IF there is a definite bid 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should be £3million plus loan.

Giving us a fringe player on loan doesn’t knock 2 million off Taylor’s value or asking  price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stick to our guns and break our transfer record. We hold the aces here. They are desperate for a LB as Boli doesn’t look up to task. We have one and with the Hamalainen signing we don’t need to do a quick deal to give us time to find a replacement. 

In terms of taking a player or two I’d want Hayes and/or Hendry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, piffer said:

.....with the Hamalainen signing we don’t need to do a quick deal to give us time to find a replacement. 

That assumes Hamalainen is up to the job, which remains to be seen. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah they will start off low with their 1 million plus a Jack Hendry on loan(who can be recalled and can't play against them). If we want him they need to spend the cash. Hope Bowie is strong with them and no entertain a low bid. The bare face cheek if Celtic offer a derisory bid after all their haggling over Kieran Tierney. I think Taylor wants the move and isn't the type to force a move but if he were to kick up I would drop him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GT is one of the finest young players to come out of Kilmarnock in years - hope BB sticks to the £3mill and tells the Lego munchers were not moving from that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


The Killie Trust

KFC Supporters Association

Young Kilmarnock

FC Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock FC (Official)

×