Jump to content
gdevoy

Osman Sow

Recommended Posts

Looking back at the comments there is a surprising amount of positivity for a player whose only contribution was missing a penalty and costing us three points. 
Sow and Jackson were panic stop-gap signings and nothing more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, historyman said:

Sow and Jackson were panic stop-gap signings and nothing more. 

Their fate was sealed when they were both January on the calendar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No thanks , had his chance and although he was unfit when we signed him , I didn’t see any improvement the longer he was here tbf . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, historyman said:

 a player whose only contribution was missing a penalty and costing us three points. 

I'm still furious about that penalty miss. Looking back, it seems more and more important - stopped any momentum, kept us stuck in frustration, two points that would have had us much closer to too six later........ Argh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

I'm still furious about that penalty miss. Looking back, it seems more and more important - stopped any momentum, kept us stuck in frustration, two points that would have had us much closer to too six later........ Argh

I think the fact we are not nearer the top 6 is way beyond an Osman Sow missed penalty against Ross County. 

There’s been plenty more mistakes by others that have cost us points. 

Goalkeeping mistakes, rash challenges, chances  missed when it looked easier to score. 

Unfortunately for Sow he will forever be linked with the famous Cathy wink emoji on deadline day which got everyone excited that we were getting a marquee signing, which resulted in him being unveiled to disbelief by Killie fans and ridicule by everyone else. 

The guy was pissing against the wind from the start with us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

I think the fact we are not nearer the top 6 is way beyond an Osman Sow missed penalty against Ross County. 

There’s been plenty more mistakes by others that have cost us. 

Without a doubt. 

There's just something about that one that sticks with me. Everything felt so flat, when actually we fully deserved a win, and we took that into the cup game against Hibs straight after and were flatter again. 

That just felt like the start of a dawning realisation that we were going to f**k up every single opportunity we had this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was never fit and hasn't been for at least 2 seasons .Big earner at Dundee Utd who contributed nothing .Yet we took him on loan when he still wasn't match fit .Utd could hardly believe there luck.Panic signing who contributed nothing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Bonbon19 said:

No thanks , had his chance and although he was unfit when we signed him , I didn’t see any improvement the longer he was here tbf . 

The same way alan power had his chance and should of been punted?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

The same way alan power had his chance and should of been punted?

Power looked miles short of the pace at Ayr and was rightly dropped , subsequently he came onto a game . Sow imo never looked near fit or on the pace of any game I saw him play . Had he improved ,like Power , he’d either still have been playing for us or in Utds first team . 

Edited by Bonbon19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bonbon19 said:

Power looked miles short of the pace at Ayr and was rightly dropped , subsequently he came onto a game . Sow imo never looked near fit or on the pace of any game I saw him play . Had he improved ,like Power , he’d either still have been playing for us or in Utds first team . 

The ross county game he played very well other than a shocking penalty. 

I generally agree he was poor but I dont think he was given anywhere near enough of a chance 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

The ross county game he played very well other than a shocking penalty. 

I generally agree he was poor but I dont think he was given anywhere near enough of a chance 

More down to an initial lack of fitness then picking up an injury. 

I agree though, penalty apart I thought he played well against Ross County. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May sound completely stupid here but hey that's how some folk are on here for. But i felt if Angelo played Sow in the Kabamba role the first half of the season it may have been a different story for the big man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

May sound completely stupid here but hey that's how some folk are on here for. But i felt if Angelo played Sow in the Kabamba role the first half of the season it may have been a different story for the big man.

You can't play a guy that's injured though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

We played Brophy every week

He was the only fit striker we had! 

Cameron and Sow were both injured for weeks. 

The only other option was Simeon Jackson. 

Edited by stewarty66
Forgot about Simeon Jackson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

He was the only fit striker we had! 

Cameron and Sow were both injured for weeks. 

The only other option was Simeon Jackson. 

Having watched Jackson play I’m not sure he was actually an option. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I genuinely wanted Sow to succeed and think he had the ability to succeed. Whether it was injuries or something else. It didnt work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sow was injured during previous season at D Utd , and did not have a proper pre season either, when he was signed as a late stop gap due to other forward deals falling through , he was not fit...so we had to wait till he at least was able to play even from the bench, .then he picked up yet another injury when we tried to play him in a run of games so struggled to play for us.....And contributed little ....was a panic signing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


The Killie Trust

KFC Supporters Association

Young Kilmarnock

FC Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock FC (Official)

×