Complete Squad

bizza_89

Alessio has said he is happy with his Complete Squad, so probably safe to assume no more players coming in.

Are we satisfied that the squad is complete? For me it really comes down to what sort of player St Clair turns out to be. I still feel we are devoid of creativity and that link between midfield and attack.

9 minutes ago, bizza_89 said:

Alessio has said he is happy with his Complete Squad, so probably safe to assume no more players coming in.

Are we satisfied that the squad is complete? For me it really comes down to what sort of player St Clair turns out to be. I still feel we are devoid of creativity and that link between midfield and attack.

Is it complete, or did he mean whole? I really need to dig out my password for Killie TV again so I can see these interviews.

I think if there's budget and the right quality becomes available then we'll maybe still add if needed.

Just bringing in the one or two attacking players opens up options that we probably didn't have before when we were thin on numbers.

Brophy, Sow, St Clair, Millar, Thomas can all play up front.

Burke, Millar, McKenzie, Thomas, St Clair can all play on the wings. Also, bringing Hendrie in at left back probably opens up Hamalainen as a left midfield option too.

There's no obvious attacking midfielder as such but there's a handful of names in there that can play off the striker in between the two wide players, so there's still a potential system there with decent attacking options.

In terms of squad depth, Manager wanted 2 players per position, basically got that.

We've now got

GK Branescu, Koprivec, Lyle, Mackay and Macdonald (probably due to leave)

RB O'donnell + Millen

LB Hamalainen + Hendrie

CB Bruce, Findlay, Johnson and Del Fabro

CM Dicker, Power, El Makrini, Wilson, Frizzell

CAM St Clair, Mckenzie

Wing Thomas, Burke, Millar

ST Sow, BRophy, Cameron

Millar can play up front or wing, MCkenzie can cover all across midfield and striker if need be. Thomas can play through middle if needed aswell.

Findlay can cover LB

Wilson and Dicker can cover CB. 

Will depend on how well st clair and Sow start to see if we need to dip back into the market.

Mulumbu would be nice though.

9 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

We have options now, whether these options are good enough time will tell. Sow is the one who has a lot to prove, this must be his last chance to make an impact in the top league. At the very least it should take some of the pressure off Brophy. 

Thats it. 

Biggest thing is taking the pressure off our only striker. But now he has competition. He just needs to be more composed in front of goal, trying too hard.

Plenty of competition for places. A few untried players and untested in this division but that is not necessarily a bad thing.

IMO we are maybe two short. I think we are missing a natural wide player. Of course McKenzie and Millar can play there but I don’t see it as a natural position for them. Probably one up front as well for me. 

in terms of numbers the squad may be said to be "complete" --- the proof of the quality and having enough creativity and attacking threat will need to be proved in the next couple of months .  Also "happy" that despite all the rumoured interest and supposed offers we did not lose the likes of Findlay and others 

Still feel AA missed out on his first option or 2 as window closed and he may still be on the look out for that extra bit of quality

but the players who eventually arrived all now could be said to have a point to prove either to existing clubs or in regards of having a decent future so that should benefit our club in the short term at least . 

40 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

In terms of squad depth, Manager wanted 2 players per position, basically got that.

We've now got

RB O'donnell + Millen

LB Hamalainen + Hendrie

CAM St Clair, Mckenzie

ST Sow, BRophy, Cameron

Millar can play up front or wing, MCkenzie can cover all across midfield and striker if need be. Thomas can play through middle if needed aswell.

Findlay can cover LB

Wilson and Dicker can cover CB. 

Will depend on how well st clair and Sow start to see if we need to dip back into the market.

Mulumbu would be nice though.

Not much of attack midfield and striker in squad 

1 hour ago, PrestersKtid said:

We've now got

RB O'donnell + Millen

LB Hamalainen + Hendrie

CAM St Clair, Mckenzie

ST Sow, BRophy, Cameron

Solid enough at the back.

Canny see much in the way of creativity though and nothing gonna give other managers sleepless nights over our strike threat. Still there might be magical strike partnership hidden in there somewhere.