Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
skygod

Livi match, Fred

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, chubbs said:

He wasn't far wrong ... a deflected shot and not much else.

Always look on the bright side of life do you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

Genuinely? Thought Rory was excellent again! Goes about his work quietly but very effectively

Amazing how folk see things differently

He hardly did a thing right, in first half especially

Never known a player who takes wrong option so many times

Lost possession quite a few times, as well as continually turning the wrong way

Last time I looked he had 10 MoM votes

Find that incredible, given Dicker's performance

 

Edited by Killie Conman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Bobby14 said:

If you can, watch the game again. We played the same way. Don’t think the SPFL’s statistics are as in depth, but I think you’d be surprised with the long ball data, if there was such. 

The WyScout stats aren't up yet, but we should get an idea from how many aerial battles there were from our attacks.

Watching the goals back there, SODs turn of the defender for McKenzie's goal is brilliant. Niko at their goal is certainly to blame. Got involved in a tugging match with Miller and lost all concentration. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

Genuinely? Thought Rory was excellent again! Goes about his work quietly but very effectively

Yeah, not sure that's exactly praise for someone who's meant to be a creative player 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

The WyScout stats aren't up yet, but we should get an idea from how many aerial battles there were from our attacks.

Watching the goals back there, SODs turn of the defender for McKenzie's goal is brilliant. Niko at their goal is certainly to blame. Got involved in a tugging match with Miller and lost all concentration. 

It’s a clear free kick on Niko, Miller has his arms wrapped round him. No idea how you can blame him. 

Edited by warney

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Killie lad said:

Yeah, not sure that's exactly praise for someone who's meant to be a creative player 

Is Rory primarily a creative player?

I would argue otherwise. 

He's a fast, hardworking midfielder who pressurises the opposition all game. The creativity he offers is a bonus. 

If he hadn't started out as a right winger I wonder if we would have the same expectations of him? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, warney said:

It’s a clear free kick on Niko, Miller has his arms wrapped round him. No idea how you can blame him. 

When the ball comes across, Niko's arms are completely around Miller's waist. He's lucky he didn't give away a penalty.

Capture.JPG.5508ad7da74c27eb7df0935258d0748f.JPG

Then when the ball comes back in from Devlin he manages to be at least a yard goalside of him, after being touch tight seconds earlier. Its poor play even though he had a decent game apart from that.

2.JPG.4bbefba43ba64678b9f5bfff154ed1cb.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, PillieKie said:

I thought that was the role St Clair played but he hasn't seemed to feature much so far, even from the bench.

I’d actually forgotten that we signed him. Looks like he’s way down the pecking order - behind Miller, Thomas, Sow and perhaps now Jackson. 

Thought his signing was pretty exciting at the time but doesn’t look like he’s going to be involved very much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

Is Rory primarily a creative player?

I would argue otherwise. 

He's a fast, hardworking midfielder who pressurises the opposition all game.

Absolutely spot on. The lad gets far too bad a press for the job he does. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good result. Never saw it comming right up until Dicker scored. We showed some slackness towards the end but fortunately the did not have the belief to geta a draw. 

Onward to St Mirren next week.

Edited by gdevoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

When the ball comes across, Niko's arms are completely around Miller's waist. He's lucky he didn't give away a penalty.

Capture.JPG.5508ad7da74c27eb7df0935258d0748f.JPG

Then when the ball comes back in from Devlin he manages to be at least a yard goalside of him, after being touch tight seconds earlier. Its poor play even though he had a decent game apart from that.

2.JPG.4bbefba43ba64678b9f5bfff154ed1cb.JPG

If you think that’s a penalty, the games gone. Miller has his arms wrapped around Nikos back, which your pic doesn’t show. When the ball comes over the top of them, Niko can’t react because Miller keeps hold off him. I was sitting in the Moffat and it was clear what Miller was doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw the highlights on facebook and thought Rory took his goal really well. I know there was a deflection but it was great technique and connection from a high spinning ball. 

Delighted with the another win today. The entertaining football isn't quite there yet but Points make Pizes as my dear grandmother used to say. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, warney said:

If you think that’s a penalty, the games gone. Miller has his arms wrapped around Nikos back, which your pic doesn’t show. When the ball comes over the top of them, Niko can’t react because Miller keeps hold off him. I was sitting in the Moffat and it was clear what Miller was doing.

I was sat in the FB pretty close by and having watched it a few times since as well it looks as if Niko starts it all by wrapping his arms around Miller. What LM's doing is what you'd want from a big striker, but when you do it as a defender you're asking for trouble. 

Either way, its no excuse for then standing off Miller when the ball comes back in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ngonge88 said:

Genuinely? Thought Rory was excellent again! Goes about his work quietly but very effectively

Games a bogey then.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Garvis said:

how did this work out for you ? 

I said McKenzie would supply us with goals and assists. Scored a goal. How did that work out for you?

Still got the guff92 posters above your bed mate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bobby14 said:

 

We played just as many long balls. I’d argue that Livingston's centre half’s haven’t had an easier day, and although they conceded 2 goals, I can’t remember a time we actually managed to play thru them and get in behind their back line. They comfortably dealt with long balls up to Brophy. 

It was a hard watch and Livingston were probably playing more football until we got the opener. It improved a bit in he second half.

Maybe we’re set up to pick up second balls, and Dicker and Power are very good at this, but to say Livingston’s style is brutal is a bit hypocritical.

No, it is brutal and we were brought down to their level to counteract it. Millar consistently got behind them in the second half but he left his touch somewhere in the mid-Atlantic. Twice we were clean through their back line but a powder puff shot from Findlay (?) trickled to the goalkeeper, and Hamalainen wanted to do anything but shoot. I didn't say we played well, but that long throw from both sides of the park is hellish to watch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of my highlights of today was a moment where Dicker, Power and El Makrini were all involved in winning a tight ball back, each sticking the boot in until we came away with it. I thought it beautifully summed up why we are getting results. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wrangodog said:

No, it is brutal and we were brought down to their level to counteract it. Millar consistently got behind them in the second half but he left his touch somewhere in the mid-Atlantic. Twice we were clean through their back line but a powder puff shot from Findlay (?) trickled to the goalkeeper, and Hamalainen wanted to do anything but shoot. I didn't say we played well, but that long throw from both sides of the park is hellish to watch. 

Well we were watching different games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, EKX16 said:

Yes it reminds me of the way I used to play in my youth. If only I was a few years younger......

If you were half the player you thought you were, you'd have been twice the player you were. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Killie Conman said:

Amazing how folk see things differently

He hardly did a thing right, in first half especially

Never known a player who takes wrong option so many times

Lost possession quite a few times, as well as continually turning the wrong way

 

every manager we have had over the years seems to rate him which has to tell us he is a decent player. 

Just recently I saw a fan stand up and hurl abuse at him when he failed to control an absolutely shocking pass pinged 3 yards behind him from 5 yards away, which sum things up I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huge positives from that one. Without playing at our best I thought in almost every department we were well ahead of Livi. A team who have had some decent results. I do think we are close to goving a team a real hiding. Hopefully next week against St Mirren. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

When the ball comes across, Niko's arms are completely around Miller's waist. He's lucky he didn't give away a penalty.

Capture.JPG.5508ad7da74c27eb7df0935258d0748f.JPG

Then when the ball comes back in from Devlin he manages to be at least a yard goalside of him, after being touch tight seconds earlier. Its poor play even though he had a decent game apart from that.

2.JPG.4bbefba43ba64678b9f5bfff154ed1cb.JPG

Miller was all over Hammaleinen if you were watching that play out instead of just a couple still images. I think he stopped cos he was expecting a free kick, like everyone else. You can blame him for not playing to the whistle but it was far more a free kick to us than a penalty to them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

The Killie Trust

KFC Supporters Association

Young Kilmarnock

FC Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock FC (Official)

×