Jump to content
skygod

General Election Dec '19

Recommended Posts

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 7:40 PM, Mclean07 said:

23F73EBF-5BCF-4C65-BD28-D792C7CB6110.png.6e1ffeaa3ca7819edd92bcb2a55d3592.png
 

Thought the video going round of Nicola Sturgeon celebrating wildly at Jo Swinson losing her seat was a bit crass from the FM. Not very statesperson like. Can’t imagine many other leaders behaving like this. 

Aye, the rest just drops bombs on kids for kicks.

I know what I prefer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 7:40 PM, Mclean07 said:

23F73EBF-5BCF-4C65-BD28-D792C7CB6110.png.6e1ffeaa3ca7819edd92bcb2a55d3592.png
 

Thought the video going round of Nicola Sturgeon celebrating wildly at Jo Swinson losing her seat was a bit crass from the FM. Not very statesperson like. Can’t imagine many other leaders behaving like this. 

Not very statesperson like, no, but then neither is scuttling off to hide in a freezer to avoid questions from a reporter. Actually, between Johnson and Corbyn, I though Corbyn conducted himself the better of the two. Not ducking interviews and awkward questions, not looking totally flummoxed when confronted with an embarrassing photo. Sadly people were not voting for who would do be most professional with the job as prime minister, you know, trustworthy, responsible and stuff. Look where that got Theresa May.

In England it was about voting for who looked most willing to throw his granny under a bus to "Get Brexit Done". In Scotland it was about voting for whoever people thought would be the biggest poke in the eye with a sharp stick to Boris Johnston, in other words the SNP.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Prahakillie said:

The trick is to do it all without the poor realising. 

Trump is getting away with it, Boris will as well as long as he continues to "tell it like it is", "stand up to the EU" and deliver Brexit in whatever form.

Compliant media will make sure his message gets across.  

 

Did not take the eton conmam long to show his true colours looks like he is moving the dept for overseas aid to the foreign office charities alarmed as concerned in a drop of aid for them did not take Gollum wrong to pull the eton tossers strings the sign of things to come thanks to the gullable ignorant little englanders

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, killie1961 said:

Did not take the eton conmam long to show his true colours looks like he is moving the dept for overseas aid to the foreign office charities alarmed as concerned in a drop of aid for them did not take Gollum wrong to pull the eton tossers strings the sign of things to come thanks to the gullable ignorant little englanders

Every Scots unionist is just as gullible, they still believe Labour are relevant, electable and the answer, plus they believe the UK is good for Scotland.

In the face of evidence of the total opposite, on all counts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Prahakillie said:

The trick is to do it all without the poor realising. 

Trump is getting away with it, Boris will as well as long as he continues to "tell it like it is", "stand up to the EU" and deliver Brexit in whatever form.

Compliant media will make sure his message gets across.  

 

The Eton tosser even with the little england votes the percentage was a majority vote for remain voting parties does bawheid learn his lesson  no ,plans now by amending the withdrawal agreement to put into law no extension utter imbecile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it just me or is anybody else beginning to think we have elected a poor substitute for Al Murray's "Pub Landlord" as prime Minister?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

Is it just me or is anybody else beginning to think we have elected a poor substitute for Al Murray's "Pub Landlord" as prime Minister?

I didn't elect him, English muppets did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently Lisa Nandy has just announced she thinks Universal Credit is a good idea.

But MacLean still cant understand why the people of Scotland are under the misguided idea that Labour have swung to the right of the SNP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

Apparently Lisa Nandy has just announced she thinks Universal Credit is a good idea.

But MacLean still cant understand why the people of Scotland are under the misguided idea that Labour have swung to the right of the SNP.

None of the Labour candidates will be PM. They’re all William Hague! Not so sure Lab will swing to right much, unions will back Corbyn’s choice.  But if Rebecca Long Hyphen Bailey is ever PM, i’ll eat a CRT monitor from 1996, the desk it’s sitting on and a XL Shish Kebab - before sailing to France and seeking asylum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also noted some new Tory MPs 'from the north of England are upset they are 'not welcome' at Durham Miners' Gala.

They really, really don't get how profoundly they are hated in some areas. Showing some remorse for the devastation they caused would be a small step forward. I am still mystified at why people on a minimum wage would ever vote for them.

Edited by gdevoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, RAG said:

...if Rebecca Long Hyphen Bailey is ever PM, i’ll eat a CRT monitor from 1996, the desk it’s sitting on and a XL Shish Kebab - before sailing to France and seeking asylum. 

But, but, but the Labour party only got seriously kicked into touch in December because they had not explained their policies clearly enough. Once the get their message over properly everybody will climb on board...............apparently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

Apparently Lisa Nandy has just announced she thinks Universal Credit is a good idea.

But MacLean still cant understand why the people of Scotland are under the misguided idea that Labour have swung to the right of the SNP.

To be fair, and I'm in no means an expert on UC, on the face of it it doesn't seem a terrible idea.

The idea that you don't need to run trying to run around applying for x, y and z is a good idea.

It's implemention has been disgraceful and I'm certain that any non tory UK goverment would have fixed it by now.

I just wish we didn't continually have to wait for England to wake up before being able to fix these things.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, undefined said:

To be fair, and I'm in no means an expert on UC, on the face of it it doesn't seem a terrible idea.

The idea that you don't need to run trying to run around applying for x, y and z is a good idea.

It's implemention has been disgraceful and I'm certain that any non tory UK goverment would have fixed it by now.

I just wish we didn't continually have to wait for England to wake up before being able to fix these things.

 

We don't need to wait, if we just go for independence.  England is lost for decades to the right, I'd indeed they are ever going to move to the left ever again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, undefined said:

The idea ...................... is a good idea.

It's implemention has been disgraceful ..........................

I can see where you are coming from and it is possible that dealing with the 5 week wait for people living hand to mouth would be an improvement the Tories seem loath to make.

Still the political "optics" of this are dreadful. Just the words "Universal Credit" have come to represent everything that is wrong with the current Westminster administration. Saying it is a good idea is just all wrong for somebody who wants to present themselves as an alternative. 

And apparently now BoJo is Tweeting that the Tories are the party who speak for "working people". I wonder how the working people who voted for him in the North of England are going to feel when he shelves the HS2 link to appease some rich Tory donors in the Midlands who were going to have their country view obscured. 

Edited by gdevoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Universal Credit is just another good idea that has been woefully implemented by successive governments along with tax VAT and health reforms.

 Under the old system people often had to go to several government departments to get access to the money they were rightfully entitled too , and according to what people told me they would be given the run around, but if you persisted you would eventually get all that was owed . There was the implication that different departments had targets to hit re refusing claims , but I’m not sure if that was the case tbf . I do know however that there was a separate company employed by the government ( owned by a friend of David Cameron iirc ) to “ catch out” people misclaiming the old tax credits which caused a great deal of hardship to a lot of people I knew . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, undefined said:

To be fair, and I'm in no means an expert on UC, on the face of it it doesn't seem a terrible idea.

The idea that you don't need to run trying to run around applying for x, y and z is a good idea.

It's implemention has been disgraceful and I'm certain that any non tory UK goverment would have fixed it by now.

I just wish we didn't continually have to wait for England to wake up before being able to fix these things.

 

Tories didn't implement it to hand out more money. They brought it in to save money & by god they are succeeding. It's doing exactly what they wanted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

And apparently now BoJo is Tweeting that the Tories are the party who speak for "working people". I wonder how the working people who voted for him in the North of England are going to feel when he shelves the HS2 link to appease some rich Tory donors in the Midlands who were going to have their country view obscured. 

Sychophantic question at PMQs today: 

Sarah Dines, a Conservative, asks about quarrying in Derbyshire. She says the Tories are the party of working people.

Johnson says he hopes to visit Dines’ constituency as soon as possible.

He says it was sad that the president of the Durham Miners’ Gala said this week that Tories were not welcome at it.

 

 

Clearly a message they want to get across. 

If you repeat a lie often enough... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Prahakillie said:

 

If you repeat a lie often enough... 

Too wee  too poor?

It's all lies designed to keep the masses arguing amongst themselves and largely doing what London tells them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2020 at 1:53 PM, harley said:

Tories didn't implement it to hand out more money. They brought it in to save money & by god they are succeeding. It's doing exactly what they wanted.

IDS resigned over the issue. UC was not initially designed to reduce payments, just collate them in a single one. 
If you’re a private landlord renting property, your share of the UK benefit bill will increase in line with rents, yet the claimants themselves will get a smaller portion of the gov. welfare spending due to caps on UC etc etc. 
Thus is another example of the classic Tory transfer of wealth from poor to rich. 
You can see that by checking out the squeeze in purple of out of work benefits in the BBC (not adjusted for inflation) chart bellow. 
Would be interesting to see what % of UK benefit bill, ends up in hands of private landlords as profit. *Spending on UK housing benefit has doubled since the 1990s*

image.png.8f0776120da1e806d6040cb45f41fea2.png

Edited by RAG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no issues with UC. Far more robust than tax credits as it is worked out on your previous pay. I think some people just don't know how it works

With tax credits they would decide at the end of the year had overpaid and cut your money leaving you struggling. 

Under tax credits we only got money for childcare costs.

Under UC we are about £500 a month better off. We no longer need need a childcare but if we did this would added onto our award. 

As for the five week wait you can apply for an advance. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, RAG said:

IDS resigned over the issue. UC was not initially designed to reduce payments, just collate them in a single one. 
If you’re a private landlord renting property, your share of the UK benefit bill will increase in line with rents, yet the claimants themselves will get a smaller portion of the gov. welfare spending due to caps on UC etc etc. 
Thus is another example of the classic Tory transfer of wealth from poor to rich. 
You can see that by checking out the squeeze in purple of out of work benefits in the BBC (not adjusted for inflation) chart bellow. 
Would be interesting to see what % of UK benefit bill, ends up in hands of private landlords as profit. *Spending on UK housing benefit has doubled since the 1990s*

image.png.8f0776120da1e806d6040cb45f41fea2.png

A direct result of hilda allowing people to buy their own homes at a massive discount and then taking all the cash centrally and refusing to allow councils to replace their lost housing stock. 

It all started there when that witch introduced the idea of self is right to a much wider group of people,.who hadn't the intellect to see it as a massive fuxkinf con, designed to transfer wealth to the 1%, disguised as making the average joe upwardly mobile and a property owner at the expense of the most needy and vulnerable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

A direct result of hilda allowing people to buy their own homes at a massive discount and then taking all the cash centrally and refusing to allow councils to replace their lost housing stock. 

It all started there when that witch introduced the idea of self is right to a much wider group of people,.who hadn't the intellect to see it as a massive fuxkinf con, designed to transfer wealth to the 1%, disguised as making the average joe upwardly mobile and a property owner at the expense of the most needy and vulnerable.

True. Even bigger aspect that that is probably inflation. Going on that graph, £30bn in 1978, is equal to £173 billion in 2019 money.
They spent ‘’just’ £100bn on welfare in 2019.  
In ‘real’ terms (aside from private landlords, sell off of council housing etc) we spend only 57% of the amount we did before Thatcher. 
Graphs not adjusted for inflation going back over 40 years can be very, very misleading!

Thats me done my homework for the night, time for a few Heinekens!

Edited by RAG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just listened to a BBC article on the "outrage" that Glasgow city council are considering closing several municipal golf courses to balance their budget this year in the face of annual cuts.

I really cant understand the shock and surprise here. The "people" of the UK voted for a UK government whose ideology rests on having less and less government involvement in local authority spending.

The "people" have spoken, they voted for cuts in 2010 and they voted for more cuts last month. Why is anybody surprised there are cuts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

Just listened to a BBC article on the "outrage" that Glasgow city council are considering closing several municipal golf courses to balance their budget this year in the face of annual cuts.

I really cant understand the shock and surprise here. The "people" of the UK voted for a UK government whose ideology rests on having less and less government involvement in local authority spending.

The "people" have spoken, they voted for cuts in 2010 and they voted for more cuts last month. Why is anybody surprised there are cuts?

Scotland didn't,   in any of the past elections over the last 70 years.  The vote we got wrong was in 2014, this has allowed WM to further abuse and ignore us with impunity.   The yes side told everyone this would happen but the nay sayers wouldn't beleive us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beaker71 said:

Scotland didn't,   in any of the past elections over the last 70 years.  The vote we got wrong was in 2014, this has allowed WM to further abuse and ignore us with impunity.   The yes side told everyone this would happen but the nay sayers wouldn't beleive us.

My problem here is that I have no confidence the SNP have a viable financial plan but the Tory financial plan seems to be to get the low paid to subsidise tax cuts for the stinking rich. And Labour decided that the way to get elected was to become like the Tories. So who do I vote for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


The Killie Trust

KFC Supporters Association

Young Kilmarnock

FC Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock FC (Official)

×