Jump to content
Craigieboy

January transfer

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

I think it’s entirely possible that we would have equaled SSC performance, points wise, up till AA left if he had had Bachman, Stewart and Jones at his disposal. And the reverse is true, even SSC would have struggled with this squad. 

The difference being SSC would have never had that (awful) window at the start of the season and would never have had this squad to begin with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, piffer said:

Woodman and Longstaff improved us a few seasons back. Ndjoli and Millar last season made a bigger impact than sow and Jackson. Ben Gordon wasn’t too shabby either

I was meaning goalscorers since Edmondson is a forward. Ndjoli and Millar came from EPL clubs and although they scored three goals between them their impact wasn't exactly huge. We need at least one proven goalscorer as well as the eighteen year-old lad. Bigger impact than Sow or Jackson ? The corner flags had as much impact.  Is Innes Cameron out injured ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

I was meaning goalscorers since Edmondson is a forward. Ndjoli and Millar came from EPL clubs and although they scored three goals between them their impact wasn't exactly huge. We need at least one proven goalscorer as well as the eighteen year-old lad. Bigger impact than Sow or Jackson ? The corner flags had as much impact.  Is Innes Cameron out injured ? 

Knee injury? Not sure of the time scale. It only ever seems to be Findlay quoted as injured despite Cameron and McKay both seemingly injured for most of the season

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, piffer said:

Knee injury? Not sure of the time scale. It only ever seems to be Findlay quoted as injured despite Cameron and McKay both seemingly injured for most of the season

Findlay mentioned Cameron on the We Are Killie podcast. Working in the gym with him and Millen. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, bute-killiefan said:

It's been well documented that signings Alessio identified fell through because the club couldn't get the deals done. Far from his fault

I feel for AA with that one as it appears he was trying to do his job with his hands tied. I do suspect Clarke wouldn’t have faced the same issues. I get the impression it wasn’t just the players who did what they were told in that regime. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, piffer said:

I feel for AA with that one as it appears he was trying to do his job with his hands tied. I do suspect Clarke wouldn’t have faced the same issues. I get the impression it wasn’t just the players who did what they were told in that regime. 

I get the impression that Clarke stepped in and done a lot of the work he probably shouldn't have had to do. Alessio probably didn't anticipate the need to.

 

Pure speculation from me though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, bute-killiefan said:

I get the impression that Clarke stepped in and done a lot of the work he probably shouldn't have had to do. Alessio probably didn't anticipate the need to.

 

Pure speculation from me though

I doubt your far wrong with that. Great from him but lured the club into the false sense of security we were prepared for his eventual departure. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Killie Conman said:

Sorry

You are believing the press

AA may or may not have been a disaster, but please tell me what the difference in his tactics was 

I was at every game under Alessio and to me, we set up in almost exactly the same way as under Clarke

Difference is, we have lost some of our most important and influential players

Even allowing for Bachman, Broadfoot and Taylor going, AAs defence was for a good spell getting clean sheets most weeks

The problem for all to see is creativity and goals

El Makrini Millar and McKenzie are now playing regularly in positions where we had Mulumbu, Stewart and Jones at various times  

No offence to them but they are not in the same class

Well said Con. Sense at last.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bute-killiefan said:

I get the impression that Clarke stepped in and done a lot of the work he probably shouldn't have had to do. Alessio probably didn't anticipate the need to.

 

Pure speculation from me though

I’d prob agree with this to a certain extent, I think Clarke pushed the former CEO hard to get the deals he wanted done, where as Alessio I think come in to the job blindsided by what was needed and didn’t have the sway that Clarke had to get it done hence why the CEO prob isn’t there anymore, hopefully Dyer with fowler there can get the ones over the line we need 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

I think it’s entirely possible that we would have equaled SSC performance, points wise, up till AA left if he had had Bachman, Stewart and Jones at his disposal. And the reverse is true, even SSC would have struggled with this squad. 

Jesus Christ would struggle with this squad , mulumbu boydie Taylor as well , we’ve lost a bloody lot of good players 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

I think it’s entirely possible that we would have equaled SSC performance, points wise, up till AA left if he had had Bachman, Stewart and Jones at his disposal. And the reverse is true, even SSC would have struggled with this squad. 

It's part of the manager's job to recruit the appropriate players though. 

AA may not have been backed properly by the board- none of us know the details. I would be surprised if SSC had made signings of the calibre of Sow and Jackson. 

Edited by fraz65
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

It's part of the manager's job to recruit the appropriate players though. 

AA may not have been backed properly by the board- none of us know the details. I would be surprised if SSC had made signings of the calibre of Sow and Jackson. 

He did sign Enobakare ....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Same could be said for Jack Byrne who’s gone on to be best player in Irish league and being selected for Ireland. Couldn’t get in or near our team. Clarke got Boyd scoring 18 goals and Stewart playing best he ever did. Enobokhare and Byrne by all accounts had bad attitudes etc or maybe they would have been given more time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.


×