January transfer

Craigieboy

4 hours ago, bute-killiefan said:

Imagine, if you will;

Acknowledging the need for a Head of Football, but giving the job to an ex-player over a pint in the hospitality suite.

Sack your manager with no explanation a week or two before the start of the transfer window. A manager that likely had plans in place to bring in new players

Give the job to the caretaker who was just in the paper saying he had no intention of applying for the job.

All the while, having no plans to sign players or improve the squad.

I like your stuff, it makes me want to reply.

Was Fowler really given the job as he happened to be having a pint with some board members? I would think there was a lot more to it than that but we will have to differ unless you can persuade me otherwise.

Was the manager sacked with no explanation, or was it just not explained to the fans? There is a difference. What can certain is that there was a reason for it.

Did you expect Dyer to say publicly, give me the job, I'm the man for it, don't give it to anyone else? That would be putting his wages at severe risk if someone else got it, and the new manager is left thinking, do I want that man as my assistant when he covets the top job? I think he let the Board know he wanted it but kept it to that and in the end that was all he needed t o do.

Apart from not signing anyone yet, I have seen no evidence that there are no plans to get players in. A lack of signings does not mean there are no plans. This isn't fantasy football where the only factor is who you decide who you want in your team - all players, their agents and other clubs have the main say in who goes where. That doesn't mean there is not a list of players being worked through, secondary targets etc.

In short, things aren't as black as we all fear they are at the moment. Not saying it can't get there, but it's not at the moment.

3 hours ago, jasper said:

Here's a worrying list.

Heres a list of first team players available for nothing in the Summer, and able to sign PCAs just now. Take your pick..
Aberdeen: Tomas Cerny, Danny Rogers, Stephen Gleeson
Celtic: Craig Gordon, Calvin Miller, Jonny Hayes, Scott Sinclair
Hamilton: Kyle Gourlay, Brian Easton, Markus Fjortoft, Aaron McGowan, Alex Gogic, George Stanger, Ronan Hughes, Darian MacKinnon, Scott Martin, Reegan, Mimnaugh, Mickel Miller, Steve Davies, David Moyo, George Oakley, Marios Ogkmpoe
Hearts: Jamie Brandon, Clevid Dikamona, Oliver Bozanic, Glenn Whelan, Euan Henderson, Aiden Keena, Steven MacLean
Hibernian: Adam Bogdan, Steven Whittaker, Vykintas Slivka
Kilmarnock: Jan Koprivec, Jamie MacDonald, Alex Bruce, Calum Waters, Stephen Hendrie, Ross Millen, Stephen O'Donnell, Iain Wilson, Chris Burke, Gary Dicker, Mohamed El Makrini, Rory McKenzie, Adam Frizzel, Greg Kiltie
Livingston: Gary Maley, Ricki Lamie, Jack McMillan, Aaron Taylor-Sinclair, Chris Erskine, Craig Sibbald, Steven Lawless, Jack Hamilton, Scott Tiffoney
Motherwell: Trevor Carson, Mark Gillespie, Charles Dunne, Peter Hartley, Liam Grimshaw, Richard Tait, Barry Maguire, Ross MacIver, Christian Ilic, Chris Long, Christy Manzinga
Rangers: Wes Foderingham, Jon Flanagan, Andy Halliday, Jason Holt, Jordan Rossiter, Eduardo Herrera
Ross County: Jack Ruddy, Ricky Foster, Marcus Fraser, Tom Grivosti, Callum Morris, Keith Watson, Sean Kelly, Don Cowie, Iain Vigurs, Harry Paton, Lewis Spence, Brian Graham, Declan McManus
St Johnstone: Callum Booth, Steven Anderson, Ross Callachan, Liam Craig, Murray Davidson, Matty Kennedy, Drey Wright, Danny Swanson, Callum Hendry, Chris Kane, David McMillan
St Mirren: Vaclav Hladky, Gary MacKenzie, Paul McGinn, Ryan Flynn, Stephen McGinn, Oan Djorkaeff, Tony Andreu, Cody Cooke, Danny Mullen

Fourteen of our players could easily be off.

Oakley, mcgowan, Trevor Carson, Marcus Fraser, I’d take off that list. And are all realistic targets for us surely

18 minutes ago, bute-killiefan said:

Fowler said himself he was told to apply by members of the board he met whilst up watching a match. The job was his from that moment. Naive to think otherwise.

The fans were told that we'd hired the best coach in Scotland, who was then sacked 6 months in. I think it's fair to expect an explanation of some kind.

What coach has ever said 'don't give it to anyone else'? He was asked if he was interested and he said he wasnt going to apply, but would consider any offers. From that moment he should have been out of contention. Like the last time. The difference this time was the club wanted him as manager, and were never going to open it to outside applicants.

To me, it is fairly clear there is no plan. I don't need to think we play fantasy football to have the club prepare for all those things you mention before January 1st. If they are, then they need to re-evaluate as soon as possible.

I don't think anyone can look at this and think there's some kind of masterplan being executed.

The Club is a absolute joke at the moment no leadership especially from the chairman