Craigieboy

January transfer

18 minutes ago, bute-killiefan said:

Fowler said himself he was told to apply by members of the board he met whilst up watching a match. The job was his from that moment. Naive to think otherwise.

The fans were told that we'd hired the best coach in Scotland, who was then sacked 6 months in. I think it's fair to expect an explanation of some kind.

What coach has ever said 'don't give it to anyone else'? He was asked if he was interested and he said he wasnt going to apply, but would consider any offers. From that moment he should have been out of contention. Like the last time. The difference this time was the club wanted him as manager, and were never going to open it to outside applicants.

To me, it is fairly clear there is no plan. I don't need to think we play fantasy football to have the club prepare for all those things you mention before January 1st. If they are, then they need to re-evaluate as soon as possible.

I don't think anyone can look at this and think there's some kind of masterplan being executed.

The Club is a absolute joke at the moment no leadership especially from the chairman

4 minutes ago, killie1961 said:

The Club is a absolute joke at the moment no leadership especially from the chairman

We don't have a chairman. 

Edited by Bobby
Spelling

1 hour ago, NorfolkG said:

I’d say it’s best to ignore all rumours.

That approach will never catch on, despite all evidence to the contrary. 

We'll be lucky to sign Curtis Main, never mind Ronan Curtis!

Some of the nomads players might be available cheap? More European experience than our lot 

If I'm following correctly... we currently have a squad of 19, and 14 of them are out of contract in the summer.

Is this right? 

1 hour ago, RayD said:

If I'm following correctly... we currently have a squad of 19, and 14 of them are out of contract in the summer.

Is this right? 

And 3 are on loan to the end of the season I think........

1 hour ago, cdj said:

And 3 are on loan to the end of the season I think........

Yep. If it was another club we would all be talking about how they'll have a huge rebuilding job. 

Too many on here think itll be fine and dandy

It is a huge window for us. As things stand we will be lucky to stay up! Until proven otherwise I have no faith that we will be even close to bringing in players of the quality required. 

Edited by kfc_superteam

If Thomas is allowed to go on loan without the club having a few attacking players lined up and most likely to sign than for me its gross incompetence. 

I always have faith in the club (blind loyalty more like) but it has been tested of late and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if this window also turns out to be another damp squib. 

2 minutes ago, Fudger said:

If Thomas is allowed to go on loan without the club having a few attacking players lined up and most likely to sign than for me its gross incompetence. 

I always have faith in the club (blind loyalty more like) but it has been tested of late and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if this window also turns out to be another damp squib. 

It’s heading that way, another total shambles !

If more of our loanees were to be recalled by their parent clubs, followed up by any injury or two, we would be hard pressed to get a team out with a full sub's bench.

I think Thomas would be a good Championship level player, but should have waited till nearer the end of window before loaning him out to Dunfermline, after taking stock of who if anybody we have brought in.

We absolutely must bring in 2 strikers. If Brophy gets injured in training this week we have only a hardly used Harvey St Clair who is by all accounts a wide player. Cameron injured and Sow Jackson Millar all away. Thomas also. You would be looking at Connell or Monk from the under 20’s. 

We have no left wingers either and desperately need a decent number 10. That’s 4 players just to plug a hole. I reckon we then need maybe 1 or 2 more also to bolster the squad.

So 6 in total. 

Taking us to 25 man squad. 

Necessity to get them in sooner rather than later because if we lost to Queens Park and end up with a hiding off celtic the season is in absolute meltdown mode.

Edited by Souleycouley93

36 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

We absolutely must bring in 2 strikers. If Brophy gets injured in training this week we have only a hardly used Harvey St Clair who is by all accounts a wide player. Cameron injured and Sow Jackson Millar all away. Thomas also. You would be looking at Connell or Monk from the under 20’s. 

We have no left wingers either and desperately need a decent number 10. That’s 4 players just to plug a hole. I reckon we then need maybe 1 or 2 more also to bolster the squad.

So 6 in total. 

Taking us to 25 man squad. 

Necessity to get them in sooner rather than later because if we lost to Queens Park and end up with a hiding off celtic the season is in absolute meltdown mode.

30 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

Honestly cant believe the amount of red votes for people saying it's becoming a shambles.

I totally understand the club dont want their transfer business in the media, but we have a huge game on Saturday and dont have a squad at present.

I'm not totally panicking yet, but if we dont have at least 2 signings by Thursday I will be.

Both completely reasonable, thought out posts. The club need to get their finger out and recognise the gravity of our situation. 

I think we'll sign a player or 2 this week before the QP game. 

Regardless of the previous 6 games or whatever, the Squad as it stands should have enough to win that game with or without those signings. 

I'd like to think though that Fowler and the board after preaching lessons learned would do everything to avoid a repeat of the summer shambles.

Edited by PrestersKtid

5 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

Regardless of the previous 6 games or whatever, the Squad as it stands should have enough to win that game with or without those signings. 

Maybe so, but we play Celtic 4 days later....

1 hour ago, GCM said:

If more of our loanees were to be recalled by their parent clubs, followed up by any injury or two, we would be hard pressed to get a team out with a full sub's bench.

I think Thomas would be a good Championship level player, but should have waited till nearer the end of window before loaning him out to Dunfermline, after taking stock of who if anybody we have brought in.

That would be the logical approach. No idea for the urgency in getting Thomas out the door last week. Looks totally stupid to be honest. 

13 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

Where have we heard this before?