Jump to content
Craigieboy

January transfer

Recommended Posts

If Thomas is allowed to go on loan without the club having a few attacking players lined up and most likely to sign than for me its gross incompetence. 

I always have faith in the club (blind loyalty more like) but it has been tested of late and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if this window also turns out to be another damp squib. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Fudger said:

If Thomas is allowed to go on loan without the club having a few attacking players lined up and most likely to sign than for me its gross incompetence. 

I always have faith in the club (blind loyalty more like) but it has been tested of late and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if this window also turns out to be another damp squib. 

It’s heading that way, another total shambles !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If more of our loanees were to be recalled by their parent clubs, followed up by any injury or two, we would be hard pressed to get a team out with a full sub's bench.

I think Thomas would be a good Championship level player, but should have waited till nearer the end of window before loaning him out to Dunfermline, after taking stock of who if anybody we have brought in.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We absolutely must bring in 2 strikers. If Brophy gets injured in training this week we have only a hardly used Harvey St Clair who is by all accounts a wide player. Cameron injured and Sow Jackson Millar all away. Thomas also. You would be looking at Connell or Monk from the under 20’s. 
 

We have no left wingers either and desperately need a decent number 10. That’s 4 players just to plug a hole. I reckon we then need maybe 1 or 2 more also to bolster the squad.

So 6 in total. 
 

Taking us to 25 man squad. 
 

Necessity to get them in sooner rather than later because if we lost to Queens Park and end up with a hiding off celtic the season is in absolute meltdown mode.

Edited by Souleycouley93
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

We absolutely must bring in 2 strikers. If Brophy gets injured in training this week we have only a hardly used Harvey St Clair who is by all accounts a wide player. Cameron injured and Sow Jackson Millar all away. Thomas also. You would be looking at Connell or Monk from the under 20’s. 
 

We have no left wingers either and desperately need a decent number 10. That’s 4 players just to plug a hole. I reckon we then need maybe 1 or 2 more also to bolster the squad.

So 6 in total. 
 

Taking us to 25 man squad. 
 

Necessity to get them in sooner rather than later because if we lost to Queens Park and end up with a hiding off celtic the season is in absolute meltdown mode.

 

30 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

Honestly cant believe the amount of red votes for people saying it's becoming a shambles.

I totally understand the club dont want their transfer business in the media, but we have a huge game on Saturday and dont have a squad at present.

I'm not totally panicking yet, but if we dont have at least 2 signings by Thursday I will be.

Both completely reasonable, thought out posts. The club need to get their finger out and recognise the gravity of our situation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think we'll sign a player or 2 this week before the QP game. 

Regardless of the previous 6 games or whatever, the Squad as it stands should have enough to win that game with or without those signings. 

I'd like to think though that Fowler and the board after preaching lessons learned would do everything to avoid a repeat of the summer shambles.

Edited by PrestersKtid
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GCM said:

If more of our loanees were to be recalled by their parent clubs, followed up by any injury or two, we would be hard pressed to get a team out with a full sub's bench.

I think Thomas would be a good Championship level player, but should have waited till nearer the end of window before loaning him out to Dunfermline, after taking stock of who if anybody we have brought in.

 

That would be the logical approach. No idea for the urgency in getting Thomas out the door last week. Looks totally stupid to be honest. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

I think we'll sign a player or 2 this week before the QP game. 

Regardless of the previous 6 games or whatever, the Squad as it stands should have enough to win that game with or without those signings. 

 

Where have we heard this before?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.


×