Livi away, Fred.

CB

Here’s one for folk to ponder. 

When Lee Clark left us, we were sitting 6th and he got slaughtered off folk because he constantly claimed we were a top 6 team when he left even though everyone knew the performances weren’t good enough for top six and we eventually finished in the bottom half. 

Is it really that different just now? Our performances are so negative and defeats against teams like Hamilton and Livi as well as draws at home to county and Hamilton etc will end up costing us. 

I want alessio to do well, especially after the treatment he got in the media but to me it just feels like a lot of our fans are trying to completely ignore any warning signs at all in the hope they can pull out the “I told you so” card. 

Even on this thread it’s there imo. Folk claiming that the s**t performances are all down to the players and how it’s their fault but when does the manager actually become culpable for the s**te performances? 

That’s not me excusing the players either but it works both ways imo. 

Edited by Killieboykfc

11 minutes ago, Tom061087 said:

....despite plenty of fans on here going apoplectic about the number of defenders signed in the summer....

Did they, or is this just hyperbole?

We started off with just Broadfoot and Findlay as CBs, which was hopelessly inadequate. 

We lost Broadfoot and signed del Fabro, Bruce and Johnson, which seems reasonable to me. 

At LB, we let Waters go out on loan which left us with just Taylor. We brought in Hamalainen, then Hendrie when Taylor left. 

No change at RB. 

All seems good to me. As shown in the Well and Dons matches, you can never have too much cover at CB. 

12 hours ago, iainmaccoll said:

Gotta laugh at this forum some folk could declare they have won the lottery and are ready to pump £20 mil into the club and would get 15 reds.

Others could declare having a semi at lunch with grandma and greens all round always cheers me up on a sat

I actually agree with you. It seems to be that who you are on here is dependent on the response irrespective of what you've written. I assume (perhaps incorrectly) from your name that you're just here for the wind-ups but I like your style.......

......although I'd strongly advise one against any declaration of semis at lunch with grandma.

49 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

I want alessio to do well, especially after the treatment he got in the media but to me it just feels like a lot of our fans are trying to completely ignore any warning signs at all in the hope they can pull out the “I told you so” card. 

Agree.....when people on here start blaming the wind and rain you know they'll argue black is white even to the point of having totally lost credibility.....................They'll be claiming next it's because we have too many players who're Sagittarius.

14 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

Because we picked up results earlier and everyone else beneath us is pish. 

I honestly don’t understand how you can possibly argue with me here. Are you trying to say that the past few weeks have been good? Hearts performance aside before you act a wee smart arse about it. 

We haven't been great to watch for 7 years.  But to try and claim we got points early when we lost our first two games, and were bottom of the league is just wrong.

We aren't as effective up front this year, and that's down to us not having the creative spark we had.  Even last year until Sewart kicked in we weren't great at the goal scoring.

In general we needed a Scott Allan type of player to unlock defenses and use the pace and trickery we have our wide.  We didn't get that person so weve struggled up front, but until the past few weeks we had been very solid elsewhere 

1 hour ago, skygod said:

Did they, or is this just hyperbole?

We started off with just Broadfoot and Findlay as CBs, which was hopelessly inadequate. 

We lost Broadfoot and signed del Fabro, Bruce and Johnson, which seems reasonable to me. 

At LB, we let Waters go out on loan which left us with just Taylor. We brought in Hamalainen, then Hendrie when Taylor left. 

No change at RB. 

All seems good to me. As shown in the Well and Dons matches, you can never have too much cover at CB. 

I think your reply is pretty much exactly the point I was making. These were the right priorities at the time. Plenty people were unhappy about too many defenders being signed.

1 hour ago, Killieboykfc said:

When Lee Clark left us, we were sitting 6th and he got slaughtered off folk because he constantly claimed we were a top 6 team when he left even though everyone knew the performances weren’t good enough for top six and we eventually finished in the bottom half. .

Could be wrong but I’m fairly sure we were in the bottom 6 for the first half of the season and only broke into 6th on possibly even the last game before Clark left, which did make his claims about transforming us into a top 6 club technically correct but at the same time stretching reality a bit and the reason he got “slaughtered” for his claims.

even so Clark was probably the most successful and promising of managers in several years before SC came along, despite the eleven signings fiasco he had weeded out the rubbish and got a few strong signings in. He certainly wasn’t anywhere near being sacked.

10 minutes ago, Tom061087 said:

He certainly wasn’t anywhere near being sacked.

But the board, like me probably couldn't believe their luck when Bury came for him (and paid compensation).

They would realise pretty quickly he wasn't going to be a positive appointment and were relieved when he left of his own accord. 

13 hours ago, killie89 said:

Maybe so, I didn’t see the game today. But it was Alessio’s changes that got us the point last week - Millar and Jackson both made a huge difference against Hibs. Bit much to suggest he is clueless.

"Work harder" is a euphamism for "I am f**ked if I know what's wrong". 

I agree with the poster that  says we have no plan B fir a high press. Yesterday that weakness was amplified by the fact our players could not cope with the speed if the surface. I can see these things but the managers analysis us we need to work harder.

It’s going to be a long season I thought everything looked to be going good but it’s all going the wrong way again players don’t seem to know what system they are playing look very lack lustre the st Johnston game was horrible to watch and yesterday seems to be the same I think every true Killie fan wants aa to do well but even when we win we don’t look that comfortable against hearts the first 20 mins we were brilliant best I have seen so where is that intensity big changes in January needed 

17 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

"Work harder" is a euphamism for "I am f**ked if I know what's wrong". 

I agree with the poster that  says we have no plan B fir a high press. Yesterday that weakness was amplified by the fact our players could not cope with the speed if the surface. I can see these things but the managers analysis us we need to work harder.

I find it hard to believe that a guy who has coached at the level Alessio has is completely clueless tactically. It’s perfectly plausible that a 2-3 minute post match interview, immediately after the game, in a language he is still learning is not the best forum to expect him to give an in depth explanation of what went wrong in the game - hence the “work harder” comment. If he starts saying it after every defeat as the likes of Gary Locke did, then I will start to worry.

4 hours ago, Killieboykfc said:

When Lee Clark left us, we were sitting 6th and he got slaughtered off folk because he constantly claimed we were a top 6 team when he left even though everyone knew the performances weren’t good enough for top six and we eventually finished in the bottom half. 

Is it really that different just now? Our performances are so negative and defeats against teams like Hamilton and Livi as well as draws at home to county and Hamilton etc will end up costing us. 

Even on this thread it’s there imo. Folk claiming that the s**t performances are all down to the players and how it’s their fault but when does the manager actually become culpable for the s**te performances? 

That’s not me excusing the players either but it works both ways imo. 

You've changed your tune 

On 11/30/2019 at 4:14 PM, Killieboykfc said:

You’re tedious as well. Spent the past 3 months buzzing for us to lose 

7 hours ago, Morph said:

Rumours perpetuated by folk like Gordon Parks!  Language barriers, not liking his methods and not rating him as a manager? It’s like Sportsound bingo. I guess Livingston won because they have a Scottish manager? Or because they have gid Scottish fitba men around?

This type of nonsense makes me think some killie fans are actually more happy moaning than supporting. 

I do actually agree that the board should back the manager in January as it doesn’t take much to see that we are short in attacking options but take action? Sack the manager? Surely backing the manager is taking action?

There have been very no rumours recently in the newspapers or media but rumours of unrest continue to circulate. 

• It could be that players are struggling with new training methods, tactics, language barrier, culture etc.  
  • It could be that a number of players are getting a bit big for their boots and being petulant: or
  • It could be that they don't like the manager or his tactics and don't rate him. 

If it is the latter it will filter back to the board. If it is the latter what will the board do? Back a manager and give him funds in the transfer window or replace him? If it is the latter what is the logic of not replacing him simply because of the position in the league? Would the board prefer to take the risk of slipping down the league as performances deteriorate rather than taking positive action now? 

The togetherness of the squad and respect for the manager were obvious strengths over the last few years but is that still evident at the club. 

If there are issues with Alessio then it will all come out eventually as players often get managers sacked through poor performances. A number of players are out of contract in the summer and will look to leave rather than renewing their contracts if they are unhappy with the manager. 

3 hours ago, killie89 said:

I find it hard to believe that a guy who has coached at the level Alessio has is completely clueless tactically. It’s perfectly plausible that a 2-3 minute post match interview, immediately after the game, in a language he is still learning is not the best forum to expect him to give an in depth explanation of what went wrong in the game - hence the “work harder” comment. If he starts saying it after every defeat as the likes of Gary Locke did, then I will start to worry.

I accept post match interviews are not a good venue to judge a managers competence. What I said was partly borne of frustration at how obvious what was going wrong was and the managers apparent inability to mitigate it. It may be he simply did not gave the resources to fix things.

The first team squad is far too small, and with even very few injuries we are suffering. The quality on the subs bench is poor and with few of them pushing for a regular first team place we cannot do any rotation in the team. The players who are playing week in week out (a few who are clocking on in years) are looking jaded. The lack of youngsters who appear to be pushing towards the first team squad is also concerning.

If we release say 2 or 3 loanees we need at least 5 or 6 players coming in to get the squad up to a better number, but they all need to be capable of competing for a first team place.

With most of the squads contracts up at the end of the season it would be nice to hear some progress on signed contract extensions.

10 minutes ago, GCM said:

With most of the squads contracts up at the end of the season it would be nice to hear some progress on signed contract extensions.

If there is any truth in the rumours of unrest you'd expect a number of players who are out of contract to sign pre contracts with other clubs in Jan. This is assuming that they expect the manager to be around long term as if they do why would they stay if unhappy. Let's see how things pan out over the next month or so. 

9 hours ago, Killieboykfc said:

Because we picked up results earlier and everyone else beneath us is pish. 

I honestly don’t understand how you can possibly argue with me here. Are you trying to say that the past few weeks have been good? Hearts performance aside before you act a wee smart arse about it. 

When did I say the past few weeks have been good? The last 3 games haven’t been great I’m in complete agreeance.

Hearts performance was great first half but job was done by half time. 

Smart arse? Fair enough if that’s your opinion 

Edited by DuncD

54 minutes ago, DuncD said:

When did I say the past few weeks have been good? The last 3 games haven’t been great I’m in complete agreeance.

Hearts performance was great first half but job was done by half time. 

Smart arse? Fair enough if that’s your opinion 

I made a point about us being poor and you pulled me up about it. 

Now it seems like you were just looking to argue for the sake of it. 

2 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

I made a point about us being poor and you pulled me up about it. 

Now it seems like you were just looking to argue for the sake of it. 

You said the tactics were horrendous, we have been poor for weeks and you have enjoyed one match this season. 

We are 5th and that’s why I pulled you up as if we have been that poor with horrendous tactics why are we top 6?

Not arguing merely pointing out the stupidity in your statement. If we were that bad we’d be 11th or 12th.

We have been poor last 3 matches but hopefully we can weather the December storm and strengthen in January 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2019 at 12:35 PM, Candygram for mongo said:

I actually agree with you. It seems to be that who you are on here is dependent on the response irrespective of what you've written. I assume (perhaps incorrectly) from your name that you're just here for the wind-ups but I like your style.......

......although I'd strongly advise one against any declaration of semis at lunch with grandma.

I do like a bit of fishing