Livi away, Fred.

CB

Just now, historyman said:

The forward line i.e. generally one striker doesn't get enough support from the rest. We don't get enough bodies forward to cause problems to the opposition 

Agreed need more support but Brophy wants the ball continually to feet, and rarely controls it when it does come. His movement is poor and is not pacey enough for ball over the top.

It feels like we need to be able to change our shape more fluidly, although our passing hasn't been great, the issue is more down to availability of options for passing I think.  Teams know to press Dicker and Power and that closes our passing lanes.  We tend to rely far too heavily on McKenzie's movement as he tends to roam and find the space, but if he's not having a good game or they mark him well enough we're left with nothing but the fullbacks essentially which makes us very easy to defend against.

1 minute ago, GCM said:

Agreed need more support but Brophy wants the ball continually to feet, and rarely controls it when it does come. His movement is poor and is not pacey enough for ball over the top.

A hamilton accies striker that looked decent thanks to Greg Stewart. 

Simply not good enough if we want to be a top 6 team regularly

Canny see another two goal comeback this weekend, sounds absolutely dire and I'm struggling to see how we shake this lack of form/confidence given our lack of forward options.
We have nothing to trouble teams and spend most of the game defending, it's a question of when we will concede now as we fair miss big Findlay

9 minutes ago, historyman said:

It's very boring watching us just now. I don't imagine any neutrals would be rushing to any of our games. We need to play with a bit more adventure. 

What's worrying me is that it looks boring to play in that system too. Do we have to enter into "did Kirk Broadfoot have a point" question... 

3 minutes ago, bute-killiefan said:

It's been glaringly obvious since the start of the season that we have been missing genuine attacking options other than Brophy.

For me, it's about putting as many points on the board until January and bring in reinforcements. The signing of Fowler gives me confidence that we will address this

This is a big part of the problem. For me it's not acceptable that a team who finished third in the league 'strengthened' their attack by signing Sow on loan and then Jackson.  Not a surprise that we can't score enough goals.  

Just now, bute-killiefan said:

It's been glaringly obvious since the start of the season that we have been missing genuine attacking options other than Brophy.

For me, it's about putting as many points on the board until January and bring in reinforcements. The signing of Fowler gives me confidence that we will address this

Imho will take far longer than 1 transfer window to sort things out..... JF will not even have a structure in place by the close of the next window...... hopefully the club and supporters realise that this is likely to be a long term project and not a quick fix.