Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jmac37

Arrivederci to all that

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

I'd much rather we played like last year or like Livingston did against us 2 weeks ago. 

We are predictable, slow and easy to play against. 

Have to agree today we were so slow , at least 3 occasions in the 1st half SOD was caught on the ball ,he wasnt alone , I am no expert by any means but to me the problems look as if they havent receded but are inbeded within the squad rather than a managerial issue. Much as I like AD as a coach I have my doubts if he will be the right choice if indeed he is to reverse the recent trends

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought we played a lot better today than we did against Livi or Ross County.

We were better defensively. I can only really remember two saves that Larry had to make, unfortunately he didn’t make one .... goal! Their goalie had to make more saves than Larry.

We created chances today. Much more than the last two games put together.

I could see the hunger back there today.

Nowhere near the standard we set last year, but for me an improvement on last two games.

I do understand that some will disagree with me though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CBFC said:

I thought we played a lot better today than we did against Livi or Ross County.

We were better defensively. I can only really remember two saves that Larry had to make, unfortunately he didn’t make one .... goal! Their goalie had to make more saves than Larry.

We created chances today. Much more than the last two games put together.

I could see the hunger back there today.

Nowhere near the standard we set last year, but for me an improvement on last two games.

I do understand that some will disagree with me though.

We all see games differently , I thought we were woefull. apart from one or two we lacked ambition and more so passion. and one thing I would do and it has nothing to do with performance today or any other day is get back in the Stripes , the Centenery strip sorry I dont like it  (just a personal thing)

Edited by charlie1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t think today was anywhere near acceptable. To see players coming off the park smiling and clapping was almost embarrassing. Motherwell were no great shakes but they were better than us. Too many personal battles lost all over the park. I’ve missed the last couple of games and today may have been an improvement but it still wasn’t good enough. We were second best all over the park. There’s a few in that squad who need to take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’ve missed a huge chance to kick on. Maybe first time in a generation. But it’s passed. And many will see last couple of years as an anomaly - something we enjoy but accept moves on. I really think we had a massive platform to build. I hope we go big on the manager but I’m thinking we won’t. It was nice whilst it lasted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, piffer said:

Don’t think today was anywhere near acceptable. To see players coming off the park smiling and clapping was almost embarrassing. Motherwell were no great shakes but they were better than us. Too many personal battles lost all over the park. I’ve missed the last couple of games and today may have been an improvement but it still wasn’t good enough. We were second best all over the park. There’s a few in that squad who need to take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror

You're being too kind. They were mince! A good team would have taken goals off them today. Sadly, a good team would have annihilated us today!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, CBFC said:

I thought we played a lot better today than we did against Livi or Ross County.

We were better defensively. I can only really remember two saves that Larry had to make, unfortunately he didn’t make one .... goal! Their goalie had to make more saves than Larry.

We created chances today. Much more than the last two games put together.

I could see the hunger back there today.

Nowhere near the standard we set last year, but for me an improvement on last two games.

I do understand that some will disagree with me though.

Agree. Thank goodness for someone else with common sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2019 at 10:34 PM, Thebigguy68 said:

We’ve missed a huge chance to kick on. Maybe first time in a generation. But it’s passed. And many will see last couple of years as an anomaly - something we enjoy but accept moves on. I really think we had a massive platform to build. I hope we go big on the manager but I’m thinking we won’t. It was nice whilst it lasted.

I’m not sure the platform we ever had was stable though. We had a manager of a higher calibre than almost any that came before him, and we were all aware he was here as a staging post to rebuild reputation and raise his profile. Our squad was built on loanees and a largely ageing base with hardly any young players breaking through. Inevitably that model was short term as the foundations were fairly fragile and our budget was not able to sustain regular outperformance by comparison. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

The Killie Trust

KFC Supporters Association

Young Kilmarnock

FC Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock FC (Official)

×