Dicker interview

skygod

16 hours ago, Sandman396 said:

I love the fact that so many on here are happy to call Dicker a liar because what he says does not fit their narrative.

I am willing to wager that no one on here knows what actually has happened to cause the departure of AA.

Many have their theories and most of those have been jumped to on little or no information at all.

Perhaps it is time to all step back from this matter and let the off the field goings on play themselves out.

Exactly. 

Maybe it's got nothing to do with him being a "thick Irish footballer" and maybe the training sessions were actually a s**tshow. 

Personally thought it was a fascinating insight. 

2 hours ago, Dillinger said:

Exactly. 

Maybe it's got nothing to do with him being a "thick Irish footballer" and maybe the training sessions were actually a s**tshow. 

Personally thought it was a fascinating insight. 

"Thick average Irish footballer" if you want to quote me get it right. 

Strange how he couldn't get his feelings across to Gary Dicker but Del Piero and Eden Hazard managed nae bother 

I’ve been quite critical of the players over this, but I don’t know why we’re all so sure that Alessio’s training was good enough for Hazard and co. I was reading an old interview with Thibaut Courtois talking about Conte where he says “Conte does a lot of tactical work and everyone is happy to follow him during training. Sometimes, however, his training methods are boring.” There’s also an article from the Express in 2018 where Conte is hitting back at Chelsea players for complaining about his “boring” training sessions (can’t get link to work).

Obviously Alessio was involved in all of that, so perhaps it’s not just the “thick” Killie players who had a problem.

57 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

"Thick average Irish footballer" if you want to quote me get it right. 

Strange how he couldn't get his feelings across to Gary Dicker but Del Piero and Eden Hazard managed nae bother 

Will we quote Del Piero directly?

"I have known him as an assistant but not as a manager and it is not a simple transition, especially at the beginning."

Oh, oops a daisy, says himself hes not known him as a manager. Comparing apples and oranges. 

37 minutes ago, killie89 said:

I’ve been quite critical of the players over this, but I don’t know why we’re all so sure that Alessio’s training was good enough for Hazard and co. I was reading an old interview with Thibaut Courtois talking about Conte where he says “Conte does a lot of tactical work and everyone is happy to follow him during training. Sometimes, however, his training methods are boring.” There’s also an article from the Express in 2018 where Conte is hitting back at Chelsea players for complaining about his “boring” training sessions (can’t get link to work).

Obviously Alessio was involved in all of that, so perhaps it’s not just the “thick” Killie players who had a problem.

Inter are currently top of Serie A to be fair.

44 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

Will we quote Del Piero directly?

"I have known him as an assistant but not as a manager and it is not a simple transition, especially at the beginning."

Oh, oops a daisy, says himself hes not known him as a manager. Comparing apples and oranges. 

Okay we can agree to disagree on this one.

But what do we do if the next manager comes in and Dicker doesn't like him? 

Keep firing managers until Gary gets what he wants?

5 minutes ago, Ipkis said:

Inter are currently top of Serie A to be fair.

I don’t see how that’s relevant to the point I was making. Conte and Alessio also won an English title together - they’re clearly not useless coaches, but they have generally had the luxury of working with world class players. It doesn’t change the fact that some of those world class players have taken issue with some of their methods, which might suggest that it’s not just a case of the Killie players being thick and uneducated.

8 minutes ago, killie89 said:

I don’t see how that’s relevant to the point I was making. Conte and Alessio also won an English title together - they’re clearly not useless coaches, but they have generally had the luxury of working with world class players. It doesn’t change the fact that some of those world class players have taken issue with some of their methods, which might suggest that it’s not just a case of the Killie players being thick and uneducated.

I don’t think you will find a dressing room anywhere at any level in football where all the players are happy with the manager all the time. Just like every placed I have ever worked in fact. 

6 minutes ago, killie89 said:

My point is more that, unhappy players or not, the board appear to have panicked and sacked a manager with no plan to replace him. A manager's job is to accumulate points. Conte has a proven track record in this area. Alessio doesn't but wasn't given anywhere near enough time or resources to even have half a chance of success.

1 minute ago, historyman said:

I don’t think you will find a dressing room anywhere at any level in football where all the players are happy with the manager all the time. Just like every placed I have ever worked in fact. 

No that’s true, I just thought it was interesting that there appear to have been some similar issues with training at Chelsea to the ones our players have apparently been complaining about.

3 minutes ago, Ipkis said:

My point is more that, unhappy players or not, the board appear to have panicked and sacked a manager with no plan to replace him. A manager's job is to accumulate points. Conte has a proven track record in this area. Alessio doesn't but wasn't given anywhere near enough time or resources to even have half a chance of success.

In general I agree - for the most part I’ve been a defender of Alessio and critical of the players throughout all of this. I was just playing devil’s advocate a bit, as the players are really getting it tight on here at the moment.

1 minute ago, killie89 said:

In general I agree - for the most part I’ve been a defender of Alessio and critical of the players throughout all of this. I was just playing devil’s advocate a bit, as the players are really getting it tight on here at the moment.

Maybe there would be less vitriol being aimed at the players if they started playing better, winning games and their captain stopped whining like a spoilt kid. It would probably also help them if the board explained to the fans why they sacked a manager while we were fifth in the league without a bloody clue what they were going to do next. 
All the concern about the rest of the season is valid. We are leaderless, totally lacking in confidence and team spirit and in a real mess. Currently if we go behind in any game I feel that it will be lost. 

3 minutes ago, historyman said:

Maybe there would be less vitriol being aimed at the players if they started playing better, winning games and their captain stopped whining like a spoilt kid. It would probably also help them if the board explained to the fans why they sacked a manager while we were fifth in the league without a bloody clue what they were going to do next. 
All the concern about the rest of the season is valid. We are leaderless, totally lacking in confidence and team spirit and in a real mess. Currently if we go behind in any game I feel that it will be lost. 

Absolutely, most of the criticism is undoubtedly justified at the moment. I didn’t mean it to come across as me defending the players and criticising the fans - as I said I was playing devil’s advocate.

Edited by killie89

Did dicker not contradict himself in the two interviews also? Seem to remember in the first he stated that he was surprised the manager had gone and had no idea why. Then this interview he says it was all a s**tshow....so can’t really be surprised the manager got the bullet if it was that bad. 

1 hour ago, killie89 said:

No that’s true, I just thought it was interesting that there appear to have been some similar issues with training at Chelsea to the ones our players have apparently been complaining about.

Difference is the players got the job done and won the league at Chelsea, our players have done nothing but moan to anyone who will listen.

1 hour ago, historyman said:

This post makes you sound like a spoilt kid.

The players need to do this, the board need to do that. 

We are not leaderless. We have an interim manager who has been with the club in a coaching capacity for over 2 years. 

Results haven't been great but since Alessio was sacked we have lost by a single goal (unluckily against Motherwell) to two teams that are sitting 2nd and 3rd in the league. 

To put that into perspective when Alessio was in charge the only team we had beaten in 2 months were a piss poor Hearts team sitting currently bottom of the league. 

At home. 

We were outplayed by Livingston, s**t at home against St Johnstone, beaten at Dingwall and fluked a point against Hibs. 

Things needed to change. 

They have and they will. 

Depends on what he counts as a s**tshow.

Maybe he thinks laps of the pitch then five a side is a good training session.

It's not as if our players don't have previous for moaning about top class training methods that loads of top sides use given the cryochamber was laughed at and the training at the same time as kick offs was knocked on the head by Jig when Lee Clark left.

Do wonder if we have more than a few players who are SPFL level trainers and if asked to do more training or more advanced training where they have to pay attention for longer periods of time they can't be arsed or just can't take it in.

Everyone to a man said Clarke kept it simple and everyone knew what they had to do. Maybe our guys just can't take in stuff that isn't spelled out for them in very simple terms and stuff from Angelo went over their heads as he was used to working with a higher level player with better grasp of more tactical concepts.

26 minutes ago, Bodgdan said:

Depends on what he counts as a s**tshow.

Maybe he thinks laps of the pitch then five a side is a good training session.

It's not as if our players don't have previous for moaning about top class training methods that loads of top sides use given the cryochamber was laughed at and the training at the same time as kick offs was knocked on the head by Jig when Lee Clark left.

Do wonder if we have more than a few players who are SPFL level trainers and if asked to do more training or more advanced training where they have to pay attention for longer periods of time they can't be arsed or just can't take it in.

Everyone to a man said Clarke kept it simple and everyone knew what they had to do. Maybe our guys just can't take in stuff that isn't spelled out for them in very simple terms and stuff from Angelo went over their heads as he was used to working with a higher level player with better grasp of more tactical concepts.

Folk need to give this patter a rest and give our players a bit of respect. 

Dicker has admitted himself that he actually liked the cryochamber and found it very beneficial so your point about that was irrelevant. 

Maybe it simply was just a case that AA couldn’t get his message across and that became an issue. 

I find it so ironic that folk who have never kicked a ball before are willing to slaughter our players for liking certain training methods more than others.