1 minute ago, killie billies pal said:

What I seen of Calum Waters on tv we would not be too seriously affected if Niko was to go, nice player going forward but simply cannot tackle 

Or challenge in the air for a ball... 

I like Niko and he’d be a great signing for us as a work in progress. Going forward, good; Defensively, work to do.

Still quite a bit off a regular Championship starter imo.

Good luck to him if he gets the move. He came here to show what he can do and, generally, he has.

Edited by NorfolkG

Niko started brilliantly and has gone backwards a little but is still a great player at our level.I suspect he could make more cash as reserve LB in Championship.

The biggest credit you can pay is him that we've hardly missed Taylor. Not many LBs of his age could have come in quite as seamlessly. 

Biggest weakness for me is his distribution, his passing is poor and leads to attacks breaking down on the left side. For me, if he could work on that, I'd have him as long as he wanted to stay. 

8 minutes ago, jesper said:

The biggest credit you can pay is him that we've hardly missed Taylor. Not many LBs of his age could have come in quite as seamlessly. 

Biggest weakness for me is his distribution, his passing is poor and leads to attacks breaking down on the left side. For me, if he could work on that, I'd have him as long as he wanted to stay. 

I think his distribution could be helped by playing a natural left winger in front of him, Mckenzie drifts inside 95% of the time. 

11 minutes ago, jam1869 said:

I think his distribution could be helped by playing a natural left winger in front of him, Mckenzie drifts inside 95% of the time. 

How does everything manage to somehow come back to being McKenzie's fault? 

Niko can't find someone's feet with a pass - that's extra work on the training ground, not somehow McKenzie's fault. 

Likewise when he can't swing a ball in past the first defender - there's no position on the park McKenzie can take that can solve Niko not being able to lift a ball high enough to pass the first line of defence. 

If reports that Huddersfield, Hertha Berlin, Atlanta United and, of course, QPR are interested in him are correct then our chances are nil. 

We would be better concentrating on players contracted to us, namely Waters and Hendrie for now. 

Edited by skygod

5 minutes ago, jesper said:

Niko can't find someone's feet with a pass - that's extra work on the training ground, not somehow McKenzie's fault. 

Likewise when he can't swing a ball in past the first defender - there's no position on the park McKenzie can take that can solve Niko not being able to lift a ball high enough to pass the first line of defence. 

Think what he means is if we had someone similar to Jones it could be as good as the Taylor/Jones partnership. 

2 hours ago, jesper said:

I think we may have been in a better place had Greg still been here

7 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

I think we may have been in a better place had Greg still been here

Footballing wise possible, financially definitely not.

4 hours ago, jesper said:

Not blaming Mckenzie, just meaning a natural winger would open the game up more for him.

Final ball is awful at times but I think he's been a solid addition. If he goes we really need to be looking at a permanent deal for someone, whether it be Waters coming back or Hendrie, who was decent at one point I think, stepping up

Edited by All the Wine

On 12/28/2019 at 8:21 PM, Thebigguy68 said:

Linked with a January switch to Huddersfield’s according to regional newspaper. Danny cowley been tracking him as he prioritises a new leftback.

Hopeless , at first I thought the boy was decent but he’s not.         Not his fault 

On 12/28/2019 at 8:21 PM, Thebigguy68 said:

Linked with a January switch to Huddersfield’s according to regional newspaper. Danny cowley been tracking him as he prioritises a new leftback.

Good. He's  pish 

5 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

Folk stopped pretending this f**king donut is better than Greg Taylor now aye?

This is just reactionary bollox, he is a very good prospect and definitely not deserving of being written off. 

36 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Good. He's  pish 

Said this maybe two months ago. Down voted to f**k, private messages from folk on twitter about how I didn't know what I was talking about etc etc. He's absolutely garbage. That being said, he wasn't the worst today by a long shot and he is no where near the weakest link in this side.