Sign in to follow this  
hindes57

Clearout Begins

Sow I thought might have been kept on, particularly as AD turned to him as first sub yesterday.

Jackson I felt was a good pick-up but he looked well off it.

Some good news at least. I’d imagine another 2 or 3 more at least will follow out the door in the coming days. Can only hope the targets AD and JF have been working on are of a higher quality 

Reckon there will be a few more. Can’t see St Clair hanging around with no game time. If McDonald is coming back then at least one of the keepers will be off. If Waters comes back Niko or Hendrie must be off. Possibly a few others as well

@NorfolkG he was first choice yesterday but in the previous two games while 1-0 down he was the only striker on the bench and stayed there while we chased games. That says it all really. 

1 minute ago, piffer said:

Reckon there will be a few more. Can’t see St Clair hanging around with no game time. If McDonald is coming back then at least one of the keepers will be off. If Waters comes back Niko or Hendrie must be off. Possibly a few others as well

@NorfolkG he was first choice yesterday but in the previous two games while 1-0 down he was the only striker on the bench and stayed there while we chased games. That says it all really. 

I get that. But yesterday he changed the shape of the team to accommodate Sow being the option.

As for Waters, I liked the look of him but understood why he wanted away. Strengthening St Mirren is no longer an option so we need to recall.

Edited by NorfolkG

4 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

I get that. But yesterday he changed the shape of the team to accommodate Sow being the option.

Maybe I’m just old fashioned but if I’m 1-0 with ten minutes to go and a sub left I’m putting on the big striker. I understood why he put him on yesterday but the way the game was playing out it might have made more sense to put El Makrini on in midfield and get a proper foothold in he game. 

Knowing the way this club is run it wouldn’t surprise me if Dyer wanted to keep Sow but the club decided otherwise. 

Edited by BR1869
Clarity

1 minute ago, piffer said:

Maybe I’m just old fashioned but if I’m 1-0 with ten minutes to go and a sub left I’m putting on the big striker. I understood why he put him on yesterday but the way the game was playing out it might have made more sense to put El Makrini on in midfield and get a proper foothold in he game. 

Don’t disagree. My point was more that AD turned to him first and not Mo or DT. So to then release him is mildly surprising.

2 minutes ago, BR1869 said:

Knowing this club Dyer will have wanted to keep Sow but the club decided otherwise. 

your just making up complete n utter nonsense now.....

1 minute ago, C4mmy31 said:

your just making up complete n utter nonsense now.....

Calm down. It was conjecture to satirise  the way the club is being run. 

Just now, ekblue said:

Where Sow and Jackson not just loaned and signed until the end of the year anyway, so perhaps no decision has been made on either.  

The club have announced they are leaving

There would have been a decision to make on whether to extend deals or let them go

Edited by shug

Obvious decisions - let’s hope the manager has the balls to make some bigger calls than this low hanging fruit.

Dicker stripped of the captaincy and hopefully sold as the big one.

Sow and Jackson are no great loss, but if some of our loanees are recalled by their clubs, an already threadbare squad is going to be struggling. With the summer signing debacle I am not overly confident that the club have signings waiting in the wings to bolster this squad. James Fowler a lot rests on your head.