Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Steppskillie

In support of Gary Dicker

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Steppskillie said:

History will record him as the captain of our record ever league points total winning side. Up there with the cup final captains.

History will record that, even if Boyd just came on for a 3 min cameo appearance, he was the club captain and Dicker had to hand the armband over to him. 

I thought it looked fairly humiliating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been a fan of Dicker since he signed. He’s the type of player you don’t generally appreciate when he’s in the side but you do notice when he’s not playing. Apart from a brief spell last season when we went with Power and Tshibola he’s been a mainstay of our success over the last couple of years. 

There is something about him this year. He seemed to spend the first half of the season in a bad mood. There could be many reasons for that and IMO his performances until December were decent in spite of his apparent huff.

His role in the team is a relatively simple but extremely valuable one and very under appreciated. Protect the back four, break up opposition play and get the ball to our attackers. For it’s been made harder this season because the options arent there to give the ball to. There is no Stewart, Mulumbu, Jones, McAleny, Tshibola who actively went seeking possession last season. He’s having to do more than I feel she’s suited to in finding an attacker.

My biggest criticism of him is he’s not vocal enough. I feel as captain he lets other clubs and officials away with far too much. I’m not asking for Graeme Shinnie man marking the referee performances but he needs to get involved more. The likes of Pasca and Boyd were IMO good at it. The other night from tv pictures Power seemed to be on his own when Celtic were having a go about his tackle. I want my captain in there. Was this the case but cameras didn’t catch it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

power, dicker and el mak are all too similar as midfielders. the 3 should not be playing n the same starting 11. none of this three have showered themselves in glory this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been critical of Dicker, his attitude in particular. 

But it takes nothing away from how good he has been in the past for us, a very good servant to the club and player.

However imo his attitude needs to get back to how it was last May, his comments in the paper has put a weight on his shoulders and so far he hasn't carried it.

I dont doubt his ability and I'm sure he'll come good, but isnt immune to criticism 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, piffer said:

My biggest criticism of him is he’s not vocal enough. I feel as captain he lets other clubs and officials away with far too much. I’m not asking for Graeme Shinnie man marking the referee performances but he needs to get involved more. The likes of Pasca and Boyd were IMO good at it. The other night from tv pictures Power seemed to be on his own when Celtic were having a go about his tackle. I want my captain in there. Was this the case but cameras didn’t catch it?

There's more to being a captain than shouting and moaning at refs. 

I like Dicker and even though his performances this season maybe haven't hit the heights of previous campaigns, he doesn't shy away from responsibility. He is always putting himself about, tackling and making himself available to take the ball off the back 4. He is a calming influence at times,and leads by example. 

It isn't his fault we are lacking in creativity going forward. His job has always been to work with Power as enforcers, and they do it well. They need a Mulumbu/ Jones/ Stewart type player to give the ball to. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dicker has been a great servant in his time, but something has went badly awry over the last 6 months.

His performances have went off a cliff and his general demeanour and attitude is very poor. 
 

He is one of our highest earners and we cannot afford room for sentimentality. As it stands, he is not justifying the wage he is paid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of our support are really hard to fathom out at times and are kind of hypocritical when slagging of the twisted sisters lot for being paranoid  Gary Dicker still has a lot to offer our team and deserves his place on merit!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TLC said:

Dicker has been a great servant in his time, but something has went badly awry over the last 6 months.

His performances have went off a cliff and his general demeanour and attitude is very poor. 
 

He is one of our highest earners and we cannot afford room for sentimentality. As it stands, he is not justifying the wage he is paid. 

6 months? Really? He was great just a few months ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me Dicker is suffering from lack of competition. If you think about it for a team that consistently plays with 3 cm we actually don't have that many outside the main 3.

 

This year I have noticed him misplacing a lot more passes which is usually followed by him blaming the player hes passing to for not anticipating just how much he is going to under hit the ball.  I think it is time in the summer for him to move on for both parties but he will always be welcome back for being part of one of the best killie teams of modern times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Secret Squirrel said:

For me Dicker is suffering from lack of competition. If you think about it for a team that consistently plays with 3 cm we actually don't have that many outside the main 3.

 

This year I have noticed him misplacing a lot more passes which is usually followed by him blaming the player hes passing to for not anticipating just how much he is going to under hit the ball.  I think it is time in the summer for him to move on for both parties but he will always be welcome back for being part of one of the best killie teams of modern times.

Some of worst passes I've seen in a Killie shirt were played by Durrant and yet for the great majority of time he was great. Isn't that the way and we are generally too quick to criticise are own? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has been an excellent signing and played a huge part in our success under SC , the partnership with Power was a vital part in how the team played under SC and gave others the platform to go forward. He is a solid defensive midfielder , who often protects well in front of our back 4 ....perhaps issue in some games this season is that we are playing with 3 similar players in same area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’d be in my Killie team most if not all weeks. A short dip in form from November, like the vast majority of the rest of the squad and he gets pilloried. Very important presence in the side and goes about his job quietly and without fuss. We are far poorer when he doesn’t play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dicker has been a good player for Killie but by far the most important player in that role in recent seasons and a bigger factor in our success has been Alan Power. 
When I saw him v Ayr in the LC I couldn’t believe how bad he was. I thought we had signed a donkey. Couldn’t have been more wrong 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dicker is a good pro, but do we really need three holding midfielders, i know theres no the attacking options, but play a winger out of position at least hes got some sort of attacking instincts, rather than el mak out of position, so then theres a bit of competition for holding role so they need to put a shift in to keep jersey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dicker breaks up opposition play better than anyone else in the team.

He stopped a certain goal on Wednesday by just shielding the ball and playing it safely away while under significant pressure inside his own box. 

He's essential.

 

Totally agree with Piffer in that he needs to be more vocal at get in refs faces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

The Killie Trust

KFC Supporters Association

Young Kilmarnock

FC Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock FC (Official)

×