Jump to content
CB

Saints away, Fred

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

I dont think anybody is in the told you so camp.

This continues, we WILL go down. Nobody is going to take pride in that

There is no told you so mentality on here. You don’t need to be a genius to know that we’ve lost good players, not replaced them and now have a far weaker squad with a manager whose not up to the job and a head of football or whatever he is called who has no previous experience in the role. 
It’s no surprise to anyone with half a brain that we are falling like a stone. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, skygod said:

If we’re pinning our hopes in a kid who’s been got 15 mins against QP under his belt, we really are in trouble! 

Nothing to do with pinning our hopes on a youngster with almost no 1st team experience, just thought it would be better to have him on the bench(if fit) than a loan player who has almost no 1st team minutes for us...... your right though, we're in trouble :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, skygod said:

If we’re pinning our hopes on a kid who’s got 15 mins against QP under his belt, we really are in trouble! 

 

I'm not pinning my hopes on him, but a player that looked like he had ability and some physicality about him is what we are lacking. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WIGHT and BLUE said:

Unfortunately that is the ONLY upcoming fixture that looks winnable

To be honest, it feels to me like the worst possible game we could have at the moment. A stuffy, hard to break down team that we think we should be beating but have a history of struggling against. It’s got disaster written all over it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ross Co... we have 1 point against them out of 6 so far. Missed a penalty, lost a last second goal, but bottom line is one lonely little point.

I'm far from confident that we have the battling qualities required in a relegation fight.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Now we know what a heroin addict feels like , a tremendous high followed by a crushing painfully long period of hopelessness and despair . We need another fix and quick . 
‘One decent signing could turn it around , Boyd did it for us , Shankland is doing it for Dundee Utd , but the problem we have is that this boards track record is poor to say the least in the recruiting stakes . We’ve got 2 nice guys in charge wrt to managing and recruiting players with absolutely no experience of either job , I’d rather they had 2 ba****rds in charge that got things done and the players playing well. 

As for the pitiful number of signed players we’ve got that’s just gross mismanagement. Say what you want about MJ but I doubt it would have happened under his beady gaze . 


 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The board handed the job to a guy who in his interim, failed to win a single game. I’m not sure what we could have expected. The rot is at the top, god knows what’s happening. I believe the people on the board want us to be successful, but something is going seriously wrong there

Link to post
Share on other sites

Out fought and out thought. 

First half we were in it and I thought if we picked up our performance levels we could go on to win. That wasn’t the case. Second half was a disaster. Wright got his tactics spot on and caused us all sorts of problems. We were all over the place with no organisation or obvious game plan. Too many seemed to struggle to do the basics. Is it that hard to look at your jersey and pass to the same colour. 

Too many performances nowhere near good enough. Dicker and Power couldn’t get a hold of the midfield all day. Brophy the only sub was exactly what we didn’t need at the time. For me it should have been El Makrini or Wilson to get a grip of the game. Instead we opened it up even more. Sometimes you have to protect what you have. AA provided a tactical masterclass when he introduced Millen in the first game up there. Today was a joke.

I thought we looked really out of shape. They seemed a lot fitter and sharper than us in every area. Today seemed like a game too far for Burke and Bunn. Both looked done in by the hour mark but were kept in there for longer than they should have been.

Dyer looked out of his depth. I saw plenty of communication with Donati and the bench but he didn’t seem to be passing anything onto the park. 

After the last two games I had hoped we had turned a corner but today we’ve went backwards and the fear really is setting in

Link to post
Share on other sites

Today was my first chance to watch the new signings against SPFL opposition. Wwe got rid of a few loan deals at Christmss who were just not up to SPFL standard and IMO we have replaced them with guys who are no better. We need quality or the freefall will continue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

Today was my first chance to watch the new signings against SPFL opposition. Wwe got rid of a few loan deals at Christmss who were just not up to SPFL standard and IMO we have replaced them with guys who are no better. We need quality or the freefall will continue.

I thought Kabamba had a decent first half. He held the ball up well and rarely wasted possession. Into the second half he was getting rockets blasted in his general direction which he had little chance to get near. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I normally try to be positive but that today is a shambles. We were really not up to it in the slightest against a poor St Johnstone side. Created very little, no support to Kabamba and a complete lack of urgency. 

Alessio divided opinion within the fans but it wasnt too long ago we were playing Motherwell for 3rd and lost narrowly away when playing with 10 men for most of the game. Complete contrast to where we are now. The past couple of months have been a disaster in a run of games which were pretty favourable to us. 

We've binned Alessio without and acceptable contingency plan and replaced him with an assistant who didnt particularly want the job, and has proceeded to lose 5 league games on the bounce and theres not many signs of that improving. 

The players played a big part in Alessio going and where are they now, in a considerably worse position with no more fight or improvement in performances. They need to step up and the board need to get their s**t together quickly and sort this out or we could be in serious trouble. Its a very dangerous game keeping going like this until the end of the season and hoping everything will be alright. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Comparing our two last day escapes from relegation in seasons 2009-10 and 2015-16, at the same stage of those seasons we had 22pts in 09/10 and 24pts in 15/16. Here we are sitting on 23pts. We have also gone from a season in which we lost just one solitary game to a bottom 6 side (Livi 1-0 away) to now routinely losing to the St.Mirren's, Livi's, St.Johnstone's.

The only factor which has us sitting slightly above the relegation zone at the moment is Hearts having a particularly bad run, and Hamilton not having got their usual last ditch act together (yet). However, Hearts have now added a proven goalscorer in Liam Boyce, have Naismith back fit, and the likes of Soutar also returning. Could see them turning a corner not spectacularly, but sufficiently to start picking up points soon. 

It is astonishing that we are currently sitting in a 2009/10 and 15/16 kind of position at the moment, but thats how bad it is.

Edited by Jedi2
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

Alessio divided opinion within the fans but it wasnt too long ago we were playing Motherwell for 3rd and lost narrowly away when playing with 10 men for most of the game. Complete contrast to where we are now. The past couple of months have been a disaster in a run of games which were pretty favourable to us. 

This is the issue for me. 

I wasn’t enthused by AA’s appointment (backed him vocally at games) but I saw the thinking behind choosing him. Then, game on game, the team got tighter and tighter and we put in some committed performances. Until that Motherwell game things were going well - although there were obviously strains.

It appears the players wanted this. The performances - St Mirren and St Johnstone - are showing that maybe AA was doing a far better job than was apparent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

I normally try to be positive but that today is a shambles. We were really not up to it in the slightest against a poor St Johnstone side. Created very little, no support to Kabamba and a complete lack of urgency. 

Alessio divided opinion within the fans but it wasnt too long ago we were playing Motherwell for 3rd and lost narrowly away when playing with 10 men for most of the game. Complete contrast to where we are now. The past couple of months have been a disaster in a run of games which were pretty favourable to us. 

We've binned Alessio without and acceptable contingency plan and replaced him with an assistant who didnt particularly want the job, and has proceeded to lose 5 league games on the bounce and theres not many signs of that improving. 

The players played a big part in Alessio going and where are they now, in a considerably worse position with no more fight or improvement in performances. They need to step up and the board need to get their s**t together quickly and sort this out or we could be in serious trouble. Its a very dangerous game keeping going like this until the end of the season and hoping everything will be alright. 

Spot on Gaz

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

It is astonishing that we are currently sitting in a 2009/10 and 15/16 kind of position at the moment, but thats how bad it is.

The terrible standard of the league this season perhaps (being very optimistic) means things aren't quite as bleak comparably to those seasons. 

I think Accies and St Mirren put a few wee runs together at the end of the year but are very bad teams that will regress. Livi and County aren't great sides either and will likely drop off a bit. 

Next couple of rounds of fixtures, and the games in hand for those below us, are largely against the old firm or Aberdeen so I don't expect them to catch us in the short term. 

My expectation for the next part of the season is that the top 4 and Hibs are going to start more routinely beating the bottom six sides. 

The County games is absolutely enormous. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×