'Working hard'

Thirdwatch1965

If AD comes out with the same pish about "working hard" after that today, then who does he think hes fooling. He should never had got the job, didnt want it when AA went, did not give off any positive vibes about the job. Times up Alex sorry but there it is, not your fault you were offered it but you should have never been considered. Anyway " working hard" your interview should be along the lines of "players letting the club/fans down" and " not good enough" and "were in big trouble". 

Any less than that and your kidding yourself on.

Ps. Please resign tonight.

• 4 weeks later...

It severely does my head in the amount of times “work hard” and all variations of it get trotted out, I know it’s just a bland euphemism that all managers use to avoid answering in any detail, but AD does seem to use it more than most. Night and day the interviews between Jack Ross and AD both pre and post match. That said, no one says anything of any substance. The most important thing is if the manager can communicate with the players though not the media.

8 minutes ago, Shortie said:

feck sake folk wanting Dyer to walk after yesterday are crazy, we didn't play badly.

Yes we should have taken more from our crosses and corners but big Kabamba wasn't at the races.

And it evidently showed that our squad is too thin but for Dyer to walk - give us peace!

Those posts were a few weeks ago

Don't get why people get so worked up by him saying work hard. 

From what I've heard his training is excellent and requires the players to.....work hard. He is very structured and detailed with everyone having their jobs to do and working hard. 

If we are headed the right direction (which I think we are) then who cares how often he says this.

I'd far rather this than pish like high press. 

9 minutes ago, Fudger said:

Don't get why people get so worked up by him saying work hard. 

It's just a Gary Locke hangover. We used to get told every week that the team need to work harder but never to see any improvement. The difference with Dyer as far as I can see is that the players are working harder and it's been noticeable in the performances. I've no issue with him talking about the need for hard work providing it's actually happening, it seems to be.

I mentioned this to my son weeks ago, the number of timers he says 'hard work', or 'working hard,' and now I really cant listen to his interviews, love the guy to bits, but feck me he must have said it 10 times between his pre and post match comments yesterday.

Now known as Alex 'Hard Work' Dyer in our house.,

3 hours ago, Shortie said:

feck sake folk wanting Dyer to walk after yesterday are crazy, we didn't play badly.

Yes we should have taken more from our crosses and corners but big Kabamba wasn't at the races.

And it evidently showed that our squad is too thin but for Dyer to walk - give us peace!

I nearly said a similar thing, but then realised the posts above were from after the St Johnstone game which made more sense!

3 hours ago, Fletch said:

It's just a Gary Locke hangover. We used to get told every week that the team need to work harder but never to see any improvement. The difference with Dyer as far as I can see is that the players are working harder and it's been noticeable in the performances. I've no issue with him talking about the need for hard work providing it's actually happening, it seems to be.

Very good point