Alex Dyer

historyman

13 hours ago, pmonty3 said:

I sit at the bottom of the west stand and SOD has spent the whole season moaning and shaking his head at Del Fabro. Massive problem there. You could tell that from his interview on sportsound earlier in the season. Gushing about his mate Broadfoot and wouldn't even say Del Fabro's name. 

Dont know why this has got riddies - I've seen SOD and Del Fabro dont't get on.

Think there's a reason we've started Bruce recently the SOD Bruce, Findlay, Niko defence is clearly the combination that get on best.

The more you hear about behind the scenes the more it sounds like there is certain players running the show and running it like a f**king social club. Don’t like the manager, get him out, don’t want another manager from outside again, get your big pal in and we’ll do a job for him (but don’t). Players don’t get on so get them dropped. 

The moment I knew Dyer definitely wasn’t the answer was just before half time at st mirren, he’s telling Liam millar to stay up and dicker screams at him to get back. Totally undermined the manager and was allowed to happen. 

The  problem as I see it is that our board couldn’t make a decision if it’s life depended on it . Dyer wasn’t/isn’t the answer that was plain to see after 2 games yet they didn’t see it . Compare that with for instance Ross County , uncle Roy wouldn’t have allowed this situation to arise . As Boris Johnson says , it’s dither and delay . 

25 minutes ago, dasboag said:

Think there's a reason we've started Bruce recently the SOD Bruce, Findlay, Niko defence is clearly the combination that get on best.

Agree, SOD also continually gets on at Branescu, even when its SODs mistake.

29 minutes ago, Fudger said:

The moment I knew Dyer definitely wasn’t the answer was just before half time at st mirren, he’s telling Liam millar to stay up and dicker screams at him to get back. Totally undermined the manager and was allowed to happen. 

That’s the moment that sticks in my mind too. It was embarrassing to watch - worse than anything I witnessed under AA. Yet Fowler and the board somehow didn’t see it or just chose to ignore it.

46 minutes ago, dasboag said:

In fairness to SOD, he was quite clear in the Sportsound interview a few months ago that he didn’t really get on with Broadfoot off the park but that they had respect for each other on it, and that’s what mattered. There is clearly something not right, but it can’t be as simple as players not being best pals off the park.

31 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

The  problem as I see it is that our board couldn’t make a decision if it’s life depended on it . Dyer wasn’t/isn’t the answer that was plain to see after 2 games yet they didn’t see it . Compare that with for instance Ross County , uncle Roy wouldn’t have allowed this situation to arise . As Boris Johnson says , it’s dither and delay . 

They have made a decision - unfortunately a very wrong one. The day after a shocking display against St Mirren where Dyer looked completely lost and out of his depth they confirmed he would be in charge until the end of the season. 

How anyone could think that was the right thing to do is beyond me. Then again, I don't think Bowie was even in the country and didn't attend the match. 

And that's on top of the decision a few weeks before to fire the manager when the team were in 5th place. 

Edited by historyman

These holidays our rich board members have are proving to be our undoing....seem to recall a lot of the summer problems were due to everyone packing up for holiday after the rangers game, now BB being away at Xmas seemed to be his priority. Not for a moment saying he shouldn’t be allowed a holiday but perhaps as the owner of a football club his timing hasn’t been the best...

As has been said

Dyer seems a really good guy, but is like a rabbit caught in headlights, now he is under the managerial spotlight

The St Mirren game showed he didn't have much of a clue, in regard to doing something to change a game

Yesterday's second half was even worse

First half we actually were the better team and lost the opener against the run of play

What happens at half time?

Wright changes it for Saints, by taking off right sided wing back Drey Wright and goes to a back 4 by bringing on Ralston at right back

Totally changed the game

Did Dyer even notice this, as he did nothing?

When we were as bad as we were second half, why did Dyer only make one change?

Even at that, he left it much too late to bring Brophy on

Kabamba had two on him, with one holding his shirt all game

Given that putting Brophy on midweek gave Celtic problems, it is galling that Dyer waited so long yesterday

Kiltie and more so Bunn, were clearly tiring

It actually appears that two players, who I have been a huge fan of for the last few seasons, are now running the show

Namely, Dicker and O'Donnell

I have defended them up till recently, but when things start to go wrong in a game, the body language of these two is shocking

For the captain of the team and a Scotland international, to be continually throwing there arms up and moaning at all around them is very poor

In a few games recently Dicker has actually been caught on camera strolling back, when the opposition are on the attack

As for O'Donnell, how many times has he bust a gut to get into the great attacking positions he was doing under Clarke?

These guys should be leading by example

Look back to November under Alessio

The fantastic performance in gubbing Hearts

Folk on here were saying it was as good a football as we had played in yonks

The fight in the team the following week, in coming back from 2 down to Hibs away

Don't forget, AA got us up to 3rd after a terrible start

Had something like 8 clean sheets in 10, including LC games

Then player power kicked in

Look at us now!

:15:

Edited by Killie Conman

That AD interview doesn't fill you with much confidence. Don't know what he's like in the dressing room but I've seen more passion from a grapefruit. As soon as these guys don a suit it always goes tits up! 

For me the biggest loss this season on the field at least is actually Bachmann. Bossed his area and the defence (even ko'd Broadfoot) which gave so much confidence right through the team. Despite being on loan it really mattered to him - look at his reaction on the last day of the season. 

1 hour ago, Loudoun Killie said:

This is the key issue, especially with Dicker, there’s a very negative vibe around him......I’d drop him completely and make SF or AP the captain.

Some players have ran their race. We need fresh faces and ideas. It's clearly not working. And when player power sacks managers and they still under perform.. 

1 hour ago, Loudoun Killie said:

This is the key issue, especially with Dicker, there’s a very negative vibe around him......I’d drop him completely and make SF or AP the captain.

I suspect El Makrini would give us a lot more in effort than attitude than Dicker is at moment. And Dickers slot is his normal position 

18 hours ago, RAG said:

I don't think Hearts will pick up, they”re in as much, if not more bother than ourselves, captain training with the reserves. No guarantee Naisy will stay fit either. A win at Tynecastle (like for any bottom 6 team) would end the threat of finishing bottom. Its getting desperate aye, but the Jambos have been desperate all season and were equally as rank 2nd half of last year too!

They’ve picked up