CB

Rangers home, Fred

Just now, Guff92 said:

Calling a black person a black person was never acceptable, shows how much you know. f**king troll.

was it not. It would seem it was in the 60s and 70s. It was all over the tv. example "in sickness and in health". It was totally acceptable in society.  I never said I agreed with this. it was well before my time. 

2 minutes ago, G said:

It’s all to do with context.

The “black” referred to in the A*r song refers to being unclean. The origins of “black” being used in that context stems from mining and people returning from the pit covered in coal dust. Effectively you were filthy in a black dust. Therefore “black mocket” or if you come from A*r “black basturt”.  Nothing related to race.

Although as racism is an absolute cancer to current society and has grown in profile over the years, our unfortunate slur towards our county cousins has been somewhat distorted and is often interpreted to be racist. When in actual fact, it’s not. 

I'm aware of the reason we sing it. but when did the last pit close? 

Time to move on. Dont agree that I have to take my son and explain why they are signing about "black bastards" and all other clubs outside ayrshire dont really have a clue about the coal dust. 

If ayr have (not sure they do) a black player and we sing that song does it then become a racist song if that's the way he interprets it. 

I believe it would be. 

Much easier just to move on from it all we like to moan about other teams fans but we have our own scumbags too remember 

Just now, The Painter said:

It doesn’t matter if it’s meant in a racist tone in that song or not. Just change the word black to something else. It’s not hard. Then the argument on here will stop and nobody from the press or other clubs can use it against us. 

exactly. Manky, stinky, dirty. Loads of better words 

Always Thought there was a version of the Ayr song going about in the 80s which used “black and white bastards” in reference to their colours. That should cover all bases! Might be mistaken though.

12 minutes ago, CYRILLRIP said:

Always Thought there was a version of the Ayr song going about in the 80s which used “black and white bastards” in reference to their colours. That should cover all bases! Might be mistaken though.

Ayr. ayr f**k your ayr?

6 hours ago, andy123 said:

hahaha pretty much sums it up. You have just presumed I'm white as I'm a killie fan. Do we not have black fans!!!!!!!

So you possibly could get arrested yes but well done for stereotyping the killie support. 

By what you have just written the police would probably know your name

giphy.gif

16 hours ago, Sam said:

Dont like us singing "Hello Hello" either. Far too Rangers like for me. 

But not Hearts like?

Did you not like the "Now we have a leader" song either? They've also taken to singing "Super Rangers away" so there's another 1 you can cross off.

It's our song. We should change 1 word

22 minutes ago, Nigel4 said:

But not Hearts like?

Did you not like the "Now we have a leader" song either? They've also taken to singing "Super Rangers away" so there's another 1 you can cross off.

Killie to Billy?

2 hours ago, Nigel4 said:

But not Hearts like?

Dont give a s**t about Hearts or what they sing. Only care about what we sing and I dont like that song. Abit cringed for me. 

23 hours ago, Rml said:

Hunbelievable you are.

my second favourite team. love their songs very similar to ours. hello hello. Like god save the queen two, Scotlands national anthem 

12 hours ago, andy123 said:

my second favourite team. love their songs very similar to ours. hello hello. Like god save the queen two, Scotlands national anthem 

Is god save the queen two different from God Save the Queen one? 

12 hours ago, andy123 said:

Get this rat banned.

20 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

It’s quite depressing, the total refusal to change one word in one of our songs, to make it acceptable in the 21st century. We condemn the old Scum for their refusal to change with the times, but steadfastly refuse to do so ourselves. All for the sake of making a small amendment to do the right thing. We also engage in Old Scum paranoia and whataboutary when an allegation is made against us, instead of just letting due process take place. 

Imagine justifying our words, face to face, with Alex Dyer or any of our black players.

Us: Are you ok with the term “black b*******”, Alex in the Ayr song”.

Alex: “Well, I cant say I’m a great fan of the phrase, as it’s probably the most commonly used insult their is to black people”.

Us: “Well, the thing is, Alex, in Ayrshire it’s just a traditional word for dirty”.

Alex: Oh, right, that doesn’t sound great to me, either. Can’t you just replace that one word, to be sure It doesn’t come across as offensive”.

Us: Naw, it’s wur tradition, so you just have to live with it.

I’ll never forget someone saying our black players were ok with it, because a gang of drunken Killie fans accosted a teenage William Gross, and asked if he minded. As if the young kid was going to disagree with them. It’s embarrassing even thinking about him being put in that position.

I know every major figure in the club and the organisations associated are uncomfortable with it. But, hey ho, one rule for us (for some of our number) and another rule for everyone else. Pity. 

Easy. We change 'black' in our lyrics to 'dirty'.

14 minutes ago, KillkieBoab said:

Easy. We change 'black' in our lyrics to 'dirty'.

I prefer all from a selection of:

Maukit 

Inbred

Manly

These will reflect our general disdain for the stinky f**kers.

1 minute ago, Beaker71 said:

I prefer all from a selection of:

Maukit 

Inbred

Manly

These will reflect our general disdain for the stinky f**kers.

Manly would be a compliment. 

3 minutes ago, Prahakillie said:

Manly would be a compliment. 

Meant manky of course, bloody autocorrect and not checking before pressing submit reply.