CB

Rangers home, Fred

22 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

It’s quite depressing, the total refusal to change one word in one of our songs, to make it acceptable in the 21st century. We condemn the old Scum for their refusal to change with the times, but steadfastly refuse to do so ourselves. All for the sake of making a small amendment to do the right thing. We also engage in Old Scum paranoia and whataboutary when an allegation is made against us, instead of just letting due process take place. 

Imagine justifying our words, face to face, with Alex Dyer or any of our black players.

Us: Are you ok with the term “black b*******”, Alex in the Ayr song”.

Alex: “Well, I cant say I’m a great fan of the phrase, as it’s probably the most commonly used insult their is to black people”.

Us: “Well, the thing is, Alex, in Ayrshire it’s just a traditional word for dirty”.

Alex: Oh, right, that doesn’t sound great to me, either. Can’t you just replace that one word, to be sure It doesn’t come across as offensive”.

Us: Naw, it’s wur tradition, so you just have to live with it.

I’ll never forget someone saying our black players were ok with it, because a gang of drunken Killie fans accosted a teenage William Gross, and asked if he minded. As if the young kid was going to disagree with them. It’s embarrassing even thinking about him being put in that position.

I know every major figure in the club and the organisations associated are uncomfortable with it. But, hey ho, one rule for us (for some of our number) and another rule for everyone else. Pity. 

Best post I've ever read on this forum. Careful writing this tho you will be considered a hun. 

4 hours ago, Guff92 said:

Get this rat banned.

banned for what? saying god save the queen is the national anthem for scotland. the statement is true flower of scotland is a song the british national anthem is GSTQ. Each individual country does not have it's own Athem in britian. Calling somebody a rat isnt very nice. I wonder if you should be banned for that. 

Edited by andy123

1 hour ago, KillieFC said:

Saying Sevco are your second favourite team. What next, you love half and half scarves? You're on the watch list.

Hahahaha on a side note, please don’t ban him. He’s the closest thing to me as the most unliked person on here, he may well take over my score :D

1 hour ago, andy123 said:

banned for what? saying god save the queen is the national anthem for scotland. the statement is true flower of scotland is a song the british national anthem is GSTQ. Each individual country does not have it's own Athem in britian. Calling somebody a rat isnt very nice. I wonder if you should be banned for that. 

Sorry, I meant binned. 

On 2/17/2020 at 4:29 PM, Mclean07 said:

It’s quite depressing, the total refusal to change one word in one of our songs, to make it acceptable in the 21st century. We condemn the old Scum for their refusal to change with the times, but steadfastly refuse to do so ourselves. All for the sake of making a small amendment to do the right thing. We also engage in Old Scum paranoia and whataboutary when an allegation is made against us, instead of just letting due process take place. 

Imagine justifying our words, face to face, with Alex Dyer or any of our black players.

Us: Are you ok with the term “black b*******”, Alex in the Ayr song”.

Alex: “Well, I cant say I’m a great fan of the phrase, as it’s probably the most commonly used insult their is to black people”.

Us: “Well, the thing is, Alex, in Ayrshire it’s just a traditional word for dirty”.

Alex: Oh, right, that doesn’t sound great to me, either. Can’t you just replace that one word, to be sure It doesn’t come across as offensive”.

Us: Naw, it’s wur tradition, so you just have to live with it.

I’ll never forget someone saying our black players were ok with it, because a gang of drunken Killie fans accosted a teenage William Gross, and asked if he minded. As if the young kid was going to disagree with them. It’s embarrassing even thinking about him being put in that position.

I know every major figure in the club and the organisations associated are uncomfortable with it. But, hey ho, one rule for us (for some of our number) and another rule for everyone else. Pity. 

Great post, point very well made. When it's put like that we have to agree to change it to 'dirty' or 'manky' b******* (sing whichever you like)

1 hour ago, KillieFC said:

Saying Sevco are your second favourite team. What next, you love half and half scarves? You're on the watch list.

I also love ally mccoist. Funny guy on talk sport. Ex killie legend too. Remember his hatrick against hearts. We got some good ex rangers players in the past. That was the old rangers tho. The new club are pants 

15 minutes ago, andy123 said:

I also love ally mccoist. Funny guy on talk sport. Ex killie legend too. Remember his hatrick against hearts. We got some good ex rangers players in the past. That was the old rangers tho. The new club are pants 

Legend is a bit of a stretch 

8 hours ago, Nigel4 said:

And what Rangers sing

Why the f**k would I care what The Rangers sing? 

I went downstairs in the wee Rangers Club a few years ago with an old Irish Army pal....the abuse and hatred I heard there in 1 hour is enough to last any fan a Lifetime...and it cost me £2 ... to go in there .. point to note..I went to Scotstoun  after to watch the Warriors..

1 minute ago, kilm53 said:

I went downstairs in the wee Rangers Club a few years ago with an old Irish Army pal....the abuse and hatred I heard there in 1 hour is enough to last any fan a Lifetime...and it cost me £2 ... to go in there .. point to note..I went to Scotstoun  after to watch the Warriors..

Why?

I really don’t see the issue changing it from “black” to e.g “scum” tbh. Maybe I’m just not a purist 

1 hour ago, Harrogate Peter said:

Not as much of a stretch as his Killie top. Guy was past it by time he reached RP. 

same size as body was in his last season

Rae at it again tonight. It’s “astonishing” that, where there are empty seats, they are not given to Sevco to make things look better.

He really, really doesn’t get how thoroughly unpleasant, unwelcome and unwanted the old firm are.

40 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

Rae at it again tonight. It’s “astonishing” that, where there are empty seats, they are not given to Sevco to make things look better.

He really, really doesn’t get how thoroughly unpleasant, unwelcome and unwanted the old firm are.

Wish another pundit would have the guts to counter his argument with a simple “ask yourself why clubs don’t want more rangers or Celtic fans in their stadium”. 

3 minutes ago, Fudger said:

Wish another pundit would have the guts to counter his argument with a simple “ask yourself why clubs don’t want more rangers or Celtic fans in their stadium”. 

Well said.

We will all be long dead before that happens.

48 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

Rae is and always will be a very bitter man.

5 hours ago, NorfolkG said:

Don’t say that, he might kick you in the head.

Has Gerrad resigned yet?

Edited by killie1961
wrong spelling