Jump to content
The Lurker

One stand/Rugby Road

Recommended Posts

I know we're losing money by doing it. However for me it's a no brainer. I can walk into the ground and surrounding area with my 11 year old son without any problem at all. Hopefully we'll encourage some of our own fans to come back to these games, but I'm not so sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Charlie's Dad said:

I know we're losing money by doing it. However for me it's a no brainer. I can walk into the ground and surrounding area with my 11 year old son without any problem at all. Hopefully we'll encourage some of our own fans to come back to these games, but I'm not so sure.

If we are getting 4,000 home fans to these games now then we have already just about doubled our support. Always room for more though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Without doubt a better experience all round.  Given that we are attracting a bigger home support to these OF fixtures and I'd suggest we have at least added 200 to our non-OF games due to feeling better about the fact that we don't give the vermin two stands, I am not so sure we are losing as much income as most people suggest.  Even if we are down a bit on income it's the killie fans that are the reason why the club exists.  Never never never again give them any more seats after all you know they have a habit of breaking the ones they get anyway. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't appear to be a complete blockade of Sevcovians getting to the Dundonald Road end, or maybe the police thought there were so few left it didn't matter. How daft was it that there were as many policing the Moffat Stand as The Chadwick ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought our home attendance was pretty poor last night which surprised me a little. Could be a combination of the weather lately, kids with school the next day and it being on T.V but I was a little disappointed to see the West and Moffat look as quiet.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The one stand is proving to be a great move. As I said on another thread seeing the joy and satisfaction on young kids faces justifies it completely. Yes they’ll see some horror shows along the way but that last night will last a lifetime. Hopefully the numbers continue to rise. We’d love full home ends but small gains are good. We can all remember the games where the home support could just about have a row each. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The question should be asked at the AGM , has it affected the turnover? As the AGM is about the last season I don’t know if the board are a) obliged to answer or b) have the appropriate figures up until then . 
 

it should be stressed that the support are in the main behind this initiative.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

I thought our home attendance was pretty poor last night which surprised me a little. Could be a combination of the weather lately, kids with school the next day and it being on T.V but I was a little disappointed to see the West and Moffat look as quiet.

Agreed and it was fairly obvious there were a lot of THEM in the moffat at both goals. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Moffat revenue lost to the twisteds for 3-4 games a season has to be offset against the higher home crowds we are getting and higher ST sales which are more important and likely to sustain longer term. Had to happen for the clubs best interest and self respect. Pleased it seems to be a big success. 

Edited by casual observer
Link to post
Share on other sites

The board have to be given credit, listened to fans and took the appropriate action.

It was also refreshing to see a team scoring in the dying minutes and supporters manage to stay off the park and not break any seats.

Edited by Barneyboy
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

The question should be asked at the AGM , has it affected the turnover? As the AGM is about the last season I don’t know if the board are a) obliged to answer or b) have the appropriate figures up until then . 
 

it should be stressed that the support are in the main behind this initiative.
 

I hope the board reply with something like "we dont care it's our home game and we need to look after our own fans,we are listening to you" 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite apart from the arguments on the football side I think it's better for the town and the non football majority not to have twice the number of drunken bigoted loons rampaging through the area. 

As with all these people greater numbers make them 'braver' and the behaviour worse. Football fans shouldn't have to put up with it and folk just minding their own business even more so. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DG5 said:

I always wondered how giving them 2 stands how policing of and segregation was possible . 

I'm sure by doing this we are making the job of the police outside the stadium a lot easier. On the point mentioned earlier regarding policing of Moffat and Chadwick I noticed the police horse boxes outside the Moffat and no horses. I assume all the horses were where the potential trouble makers were which was entering the Chadwick stand.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wrangodog said:

Didn't appear to be a complete blockade of Sevcovians getting to the Dundonald Road end, or maybe the police thought there were so few left it didn't matter. How daft was it that there were as many policing the Moffat Stand as The Chadwick ? 

 

I noticed that too, what were the cops expecting the moffat stand fans to do?

half the sevco fans evaporated as soon as brophy scored, there was still a good bit of time with injury time to go left. fake fans of a fake club

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×