Jump to content

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, skygod said:

Amazingly, some people are still keen for us to sign players who were left on the heap of crap when the window closed.

With ten matches left to play, most of which will probably be irrelevant, I can't see us handing out three-month contracts. 

Getting a tune out of Bunn, Hendrie and St Clair should be more of a priority.

 

 

Exactly. Why waste a wage for a lot of largely meaningless games?

We would be better served to use any money to plan for next season.

Play Ally Taylor, Innes Cameron and Declan McKay if fit.

Appoint a manager. 

Identify any possible Declan Gallaghers from other Scottish sides. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fraz65 said:

Exactly. Why waste a wage for a lot of largely meaningless games?

We would be better served to use any money to plan for next season.

Play Ally Taylor, Innes Cameron and Declan McKay if fit.

Appoint a manager. 

Identify any possible Declan Gallaghers from other Scottish sides. 

I wouldn't rush into appointing a manager just yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

I wouldn't rush into appointing a manager just yet. 

No but we should do so by April. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fraz65 said:

Exactly. Why waste a wage for a lot of largely meaningless games?

We would be better served to use any money to plan for next season.

Play Ally Taylor, Innes Cameron and Declan McKay if fit.

Appoint a manager. 

Identify any possible Declan Gallaghers from other Scottish sides. 

So you must be confident we are safe... Also every place in the league is worth money... We will need next season...all makes sense. 

The manager is the least of the problems we face, we budgetted for top 6.. Which is going to be hard...so money is tight I get that. But only Ally Taylor is fit and in an area where we have cover.. 

Right now we still need a striker as we have no cover at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, drmurray said:

So you must be confident we are safe... Also every place in the league is worth money... We will need next season...all makes sense. 

The manager is the least of the problems we face, we budgetted for top 6.. Which is going to be hard...so money is tight I get that. But only Ally Taylor is fit and in an area where we have cover.. 

Right now we still need a striker as we have no cover at all.

I'm pretty confident we're safe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think fans of a team which had 7 straight defeats only a few weeks ago can assume we are safe. I would say we aren't far away but complacency would be a mistake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Safety is two wins away minimum. Get them before the split and you can play the kids. Big turnaround and we could make sixth in which case I'd still play the youngsters. 

If a couple prove worthy of first team for next year that's a big saving in wages and opportunity to recruit better quality on the budget. 

In budgeting I'd always base it on 7th. Top six is a bonus for a club our size. Disappointment is that with Hearts having a dire season an extra top six place was available this year and we've probably blown it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know why anyone is saying we budgeted for a top six finish as I have never heard that said at any AGM or otherwise. We always budget for bottom six and anything else is a bonus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Culley159 said:

I don't know why anyone is saying we budgeted for a top six finish as I have never heard that said at any AGM or otherwise. We always budget for bottom six and anything else is a bonus.

The club budgets for 7th or 8th generally every year, and anything more is an a solute bonus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

The club budgets for 7th or 8th generally every year, and anything more is an a solute bonus.

You get a bonus if you salute???!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

You get a bonus if you salute???!!!

May e even if I dissolve into something to.  That's one for the scientists amongst you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


The Killie Trust

KFC Supporters Association

Young Kilmarnock

FC Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock FC (Official)

×