Decision Time

mitch14

Personally, I would stick with Dyer. The improvement from not so long ago is clear to see. Yes he made mistakes last night by not making the subs at the correct time of the game in my opinion. These are mistakes that he’ll learn from tho as it’s his his first stint at being the manager. Of course last night is still raw and exceptionally difficult to take, but I don’t think bringing in a new gaffer with another new set of ideas, which the players might not buy into is the answer. 

11 minutes ago, Mojike and Bod said:

Give us a rationale...

Martindale at Livingston is widely known within the game as the brains behind Livingston's rise.

Livingston went on a run of 1 win in 13 earlier in the season before coming up against a pitiful Alessio side. That form would not be tolerated at Kilmarnock. See our form between October and December as an example. Many fans were screaming blue murder.

Holt would not be able to mould the current squad into a team of sudo battlers. Livingston have 1 quality player (dykes) who will be moving on in the summer. At that stage, they will be back to relegation fodder.

Holt recruitment policies are also Extremely suspect given the amount of "characters" or troublemakers they are willing to bring into the dressing room.

I'm not saying he is a bad manager, just that is not what we as a club need at the moment.

6 minutes ago, Twonky65 said:

Martindale at Livingston is widely known within the game as the brains behind Livingston's rise.

Livingston went on a run of 1 win in 13 earlier in the season before coming up against a pitiful Alessio side. That form would not be tolerated at Kilmarnock. See our form between October and December as an example. Many fans were screaming blue murder.

Holt would not be able to mould the current squad into a team of sudo battlers. Livingston have 1 quality player (dykes) who will be moving on in the summer. At that stage, they will be back to relegation fodder.

Holt recruitment policies are also Extremely suspect given the amount of "characters" or troublemakers they are willing to bring into the dressing room.

I'm not saying he is a bad manager, just that is not what we as a club need at the moment.

That’s the case against Holt. 

What’s the case for AD? 

3 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

Wonder If we had won last night Board would have confirmed AD position as permanent long term Manager at the AGM next week ....now will be interesting to see what information , answers are given next week ...

That's a worrying thought, the board seem to be happy to just go along as if everything is fine and winning last night would give them the perfect opportunity to name Dyer. 

11 minutes ago, Twonky65 said:

Livi lost a lot of their star players in the summer, seem to have replaced them ok and kicked on again. Just saying. 

12 minutes ago, Twonky65 said:

Livingston went on a run of 1 win in 13 earlier in the season before coming up against a pitiful Alessio side.

Make up your mind.

Martindale is the reason for the success but it’s Holts fault when they are on a bad run? 

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

"seemed"?

Does that mean you weren't there?

We had about the same crowd as St Mirren and Motherwell combined and Motherwell are 3rd and admission was a good bit cheaper.

Was there SH, It sounded more than official attendance given, great atmosphere but I’m just disappointed with Killie turnout.

55 minutes ago, Twonky65 said:

Where are Livi in the league, compared to us, on far less of a budget? 

5 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Where are Livi in the league, compared to us, on far less of a budget? 

Two places ahead of us but the reason for that is due to a convicted criminal with no coaching experience of note.

Makes perfect sense as to why somebody who's coached/played in the EPL, Capped by Scotland, won the Scottish Cup, who Norwich basically begged to come back to form part of their coaching staff when he was at Falkirk, would be dummy in the dugout so Martindale can actually be the boss.

Bonkers that folk actually believe that.

30 minutes ago, skygod said:

I think that says more about you than me. 

I asked a question in good faith. 

I’ll try again: you said AD was absolutely the man for the job. 

Why do you say that? 

8 loses in 11 league games, 9 points out of 33.

Anyone who says that makes AD absolutely the man for the job needs their head looked at.

He's got the gig until May, it's up to him to prove he deserves it. As it currently stands, it's 50/50 for me.

8 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

It certainly isn't when you look at the league table.

I agree , the feeling I got was they were getting an easier time now than they did under AA. I was a little taken aback to be honest at the term of The Italian to be honest 

Edited by charlie1

26 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Two places ahead of us but the reason for that is due to a convicted criminal with no coaching experience of note.

Makes perfect sense as to why somebody who's coached/played in the EPL, Capped by Scotland, won the Scottish Cup, who Norwich basically begged to come back to form part of their coaching staff when he was at Falkirk, would be dummy in the dugout so Martindale can actually be the boss.

Bonkers that folk actually believe that.

Spot on. Do people actually believe Holt would be quite happy to sit there as a puppet? He could probably pick up a coaching job for a damn site more money at a bigger club than Livi if he wanted. 

'widely known in the game Martindale is the brains' my arse

32 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

8 loses in 11 league games, 9 points out of 33.

Anyone who says that makes AD absolutely the man for the job needs their head looked at.

He's got the gig until May, it's up to him to prove he deserves it. As it currently stands, it's 50/50 for me.

I’d personally disregard the first few games as he needs time to implement what it is that he wants the players to do. We were in free fall when he took over, with individual mistakes and last night defeat apart, aren’t we looking a helluva lot better than we were before ?

1 hour ago, KTID150 said:

Personally, I would stick with Dyer. The improvement from not so long ago is clear to see. Yes he made mistakes last night by not making the subs at the correct time of the game in my opinion. These are mistakes that he’ll learn from tho as it’s his his first stint at being the manager. Of course last night is still raw and exceptionally difficult to take, but I don’t think bringing in a new gaffer with another new set of ideas, which the players might not buy into is the answer. 

Hibs game and last night Dyer should have had fresh legs on earlier imho......problem is, as our squad is so short on numbers and quality(in attacking positions mainly), he probably feels pressured to keep his 1st eleven on as long as possible......but imho that's what has cost us dear in the last 2 games....... think the change in fortunes is mainly down to the return of SF and going 2 up(even without a creative midfielder) but if we get any injuries/suspensions we will struggle big time.

23 minutes ago, KTID150 said:

I’d personally disregard the first few games as he needs time to implement what it is that he wants the players to do. We were in free fall when he took over, with individual mistakes and last night defeat apart, aren’t we looking a helluva lot better than we were before ?

How was AA’s record if you discount the first few games to, you know, implement what it was he wanted the players to do?

Looks ok to me. 

Edited by Zorro

1 minute ago, Zorro said:

How was AA’s record if you discount the first few games, to you know, implement what it was he wanted the players to do?

Looks ok to me. 

He’d had a pre season to get his point across. What I’m saying is that AD then took over a group that were probably unhappy, on a poor run and hes revitalised us as a team. Poor defending in the last two games has cost us dearly.

3 minutes ago, KTID150 said:

He’d had a pre season to get his point across. What I’m saying is that AD then took over a group that were probably unhappy, on a poor run and hes revitalised us as a team. Poor defending in the last two games has cost us dearly.

Seems like you’re clutching at straws. AD’s had more than two years working with the players. How long does it take to say “just try and remember what SC told you to do”?