Jump to content
Andy

Scaremongering or Not, Corona Virus = Nae Killie

Recommended Posts

The government are paying 80% of the wages of employees who can't work due to the measures they've taken, up to a max of £2,500 per month. Does this apply to footballers? If so this may save a hell of a lot of clubs from serious problems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KillieDIV said:

The government are paying 80% of the wages of employees who can't work due to the measures they've taken, up to a max of £2,500 per month. Does this apply to footballers? If so this may save a hell of a lot of clubs from serious problems. 

Think there should be a cap and it should be well below that. Let's be honest Footy players get paid rather handsomely compared to the working class person. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, KillieDIV said:

The government are paying 80% of the wages of employees who can't work due to the measures they've taken, up to a max of £2,500 per month

Unfortunate for Premier League clubs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KillieDIV said:

The government are paying 80% of the wages of employees who can't work due to the measures they've taken, up to a max of £2,500 per month. Does this apply to footballers? If so this may save a hell of a lot of clubs from serious problems. 

 I see that tosser Tim Martin wetherspoon tycoon saying closing pubs going over the top even though evidence pubs breeding ground for virus absolute waster more concerned about money

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, killie1961 said:

 I see that tosser Tim Martin wetherspoon tycoon saying closing pubs going over the top even though evidence pubs breeding ground for virus absolute waster more concerned about money

He is (was)  Bojos bum chum as well. Complete asshole so hope he is shafted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Shropshire_killie said:

He is (was)  Bojos bum chum as well. Complete asshole so hope he is shafted

Wow, fairly moving into the sixties with your patter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Wow, fairly moving into the sixties with your patter. 

Sorry. On reflection I used wrong phraseology and I shudda said like JCB he is/was in cahoots with Johnson. I didn't mean any insult to anyone gay as have dear gay friends so give it a rest. 

Edited by Shropshire_killie
Added as annoyed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Shropshire_killie said:

Sorry. On reflection I used wrong phraseology and I shudda said like JCB he is/was in cahoots with Johnson. I didn't mean any insult to anyone gay as have dear gay friends so give it a rest. 

OK. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

This is apparently fake news, called out by Italian doctors after Nadine Dorries tweeted it. 

Sorry folks. Don't like to think I've contributed to the spreading of fake news. There's so much of it out there but here was me thinking a tweet directly written by (as opposed to just retweeted from a random account) an MP of a fairly high profile status which contained statistics that it was trustworthy enough of being accurate, putting my thoughts on politics to one side. Appears it was wrong (hopefully!). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Shropshire_killie said:

Truly sorry Wrangodog and kicking myself trust me. 

It's OK, no problem, don't beat yourself up about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the next few weeks there will be more suicide/attempted suicide in Scotland than deaths by Kung flu, mark my words , total over reaction by the authorities, and they have f**ked small businesses forever 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DrewWylie said:

In the next few weeks there will be more suicide/attempted suicide in Scotland than deaths by Kung flu, mark my words , total over reaction by the authorities, and they have f**ked small businesses forever 

How's Benidorm?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm finding it hard to get my head around the whole thing. Mother's day on Sunday normally involves a family meal of some sort, instead it looks like the kids will be Skyping my wife. One of our daughters has a birthday on the 3rd of April, our eldest grandson's birthday is on the 22nd, what the hell can you do ?  My life revolves around my family, watching Killie and football in general, and going to the cinema. At the moment because of my age I'm supposed to stay indoors apart from going for walks and gardening. If there is an end date or even some idea of when some normality will return then people will accept the hardship and put up with the restrictions, but if it drags on until the winter I can't see how we can live like that. The longer it goes on the elderly will be resented, understandably, because normal life is being destroyed to keep them alive. I don't see how the restrictions can be applied for an extended period. If people are working from home all week or doing one of the essential jobs, they will need some release other than sitting drinking in the house with all tensions that that could stir up in family relationships. From my point of view I can put up with living like this for so long, but then you question if you are just living for the sake of living with little or no enjoyment in family or social life. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

I don't see how the restrictions can be applied for an extended period. If people are working from home all week or doing one of the essential jobs, they will need some release other than sitting drinking in the house with all tensions that that could stir up in family relationships. From my point of view I can put up with living like this for so long, but then you question if you are just living for the sake of living with little or no enjoyment in family or social life. 

They just brought in a coronavirus bill, bringing in special powers for ‘restrictions’ for two years.  The SFA doctor (One of few I’d actually trust to be straight up btw ) said it would take 18 months to sort out only this week. They’ll have to, after this 80% 3 month wage thing, bring in a minimum income or their might be riots.  Folk under 40 have little chance of dying from Coronavirus, but is a 100% chance 4-18 months out of work will mess your life up for a decade or more.  At least here we’re panic buying custard, rather than in LA, where folk were queueing for shotguns..

Edited by RAG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, RAG said:

They just brought in a coronavirus bill, bringing in special powers for ‘restrictions’ for two years.  The SFA doctor (One of few I’d actually trust to be straight up btw ) said it would take 18 months to sort out only this week. They’ll have to, after this 80% 3 month wage thing, bring in a minimum income or their might be riots.  Folk under 40 have little chance of dying from Coronavirus, but is a 100% chance 4-18 months out of work will mess your life up for a decade or more.  At least here we’re panic buying custard, rather than in LA, where folk were queueing for shotguns..

Young people are the most likely to be adversely affected by the political fall out. It's in their interests to ensure that the impact is minimised as much as possible. 

A vaccine is longer than 18 months away. I suspect that the direct impact of this will be longer. 

Serious questions have to be asked about why an island state allowed a viral pandemic to take hold without any concerted effort to close the borders and contact trace. 

It was obvious to me from mid-February that things were heading this way. I was actually worried from January when I saw the exponential curves from Wuhan. People are in paid positions to deal with this kind of threat and they failed miserably. There was plenty of time to close the airports, ban cruise ships and contact trace any cases. 

This lockdown would have had to remain in place for months but it would have been better than the alternative: hundreds of thousands dead and a lockdown in place too late. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've heard reports that Pakistan has only 1,000 testing kits but they have returned 500 positive tests so far. Based on other nations positive rates, this means that the virus is widespread in the subcontinent. 

There was a riot in Islamabad rumoured to be 100,000 strong but it has been kept out of the media. 

We've only heard about the impacts in the developed world but we're about to enter a whole new world of pain when it takes hold of low and middle income countries. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

A vaccine is longer than 18 months away. I suspect that the direct impact of this will be longer. 

I did sociology at uni, but even I know there's no vaccine for the common cold and recently learned the common cold is a coronavirus.  100 years from now they'll ask why everyone wasn't put into a 4 week lockdown and tracked via their mobile phone. Not that I'd usually support lockdowns and mobile phone tracking but they are better 21c ways of gathering data than the approach in the West, especially the UK where they're doing no testing (unlike Scotland) to determine where it is in the community, to stamp out hot spots and outbreaks.

Edited by RAG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RAG said:

I did sociology at uni, but even I know there's no vaccine for the common cold and recently learned the common cold is a coronavirus.  100 years from now they'll ask why everyone wasn't put into a 4 week lockdown and tracked via their mobile phone. Not that I'd usually support lockdowns and mobile phone tracking but they are better 21c ways of gathering data than the approach in the West, especially the UK where they're doing no testing (unlike Scotland) to determine where it is in the community, to stamp out hot spots and outbreaks.

There was a good article in the Guardian about the Singaporean approach to contact tracing.

The police there don't have anything to do as crime is so low so they perform a forensic analysis of a patient's movements. 

I'll try and find it and post the link. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RAG said:

They just brought in a coronavirus bill, bringing in special powers for ‘restrictions’ for two years.  

Up to two years. 

But Johnson is still waffling about “turning the tide” in 12 weeks. 

Closing the pubs and restaurants “as early as possible last night”, giving the feckless a final chance to fill the pubs which they seem to have grabbed with alacrity. A pub near me was shown on Sky News and described as being “packed”. 

It should have been done at least a week before. 

This version of loose talk will cost lives. 

As will cutbacks in the NHS and police. I’m surrounded by older people, some with severe underlying health issues, who I know will not all survive this. 

It can sometimes take hours now for ambulances to respond to calls, and that’s not in an emergency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


The Killie Trust

KFC Supporters Association

Young Kilmarnock

FC Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock FC (Official)

×