Scaremongering or Not, Corona Virus = Nae Killie

Andy

5 minutes ago, RAG said:

The Lockdown happened in stages in Germany, France and Spain.  They said they'd review it in 3 weeks and in 3 weeks it will be a worse situation. Less chance of social disorder if you erode day by day, rather than chop folks liberty off in one foul swoop.  BoJo showing some carrot before he uses a stick IMO.

Dont agree RAG. Sorry. My conclusion to all of that was carry on as normal but the music shop I go too regularly wont be open.....

6 minutes ago, chubbs said:

Got a message from my mate in New Jersey saying that he has been given a letter of approval through his employer (a healthcare firm) so that he can travel to and from work.

Thought we might have been going the same route.

We’ve been told by our line managers. 

2 minutes ago, Shropshire_killie said:

Dont agree RAG. Sorry. My conclusion to all of that was carry on as normal but the music shop I go too regularly wont be open.....

He banned all groups of more than 2 in public places, said police would fine and disperse those not complying, made going outside illegal except to exercise, to go to work and do essential shopping or get medicine.  It wasn't a carry on as normal message, you could tell by his repeatedly clenched fists during his speech.

2 minutes ago, RAG said:

He banned all groups of more than 2 in public places, said police would fine and disperse those not complying, made going outside illegal except to exercise, to go to work and do essential shopping or get medicine.  It wasn't a carry on as normal message, you could tell by his repeatedly clenched fists during his speech.

Yep but all factories etc etc carry on as usual. I really dont think he gone far enough even if its shut everything for 4 weeks and see what happens. Nothing about permits etc....so if I pop out for another bottle of wine in a bit and cops stop me and I say I need paracetamol... .....blah blah. That's my point  But anyway Salute to you  RAG. 

16 minutes ago, Shropshire_killie said:

I cannot agree that we were watching the same announcement.  What bit of you will not leave your house apart from 1 bout or exercise, to shop for food or medicine and as infrequent as possible, or for treatment or to go to essential work and only where that cannot be done from home, do you see as being the same as what we had yesterday?

5 minutes ago, Shropshire_killie said:

Yep but all factories etc etc carry on as usual. I really dont think he gone far enough even if its shut everything for 4 weeks and see what happens. Nothing about permits etc....so if I pop out for another bottle of wine in a bit and cops stop me and I say I need paracetamol... .....blah blah. That's my point  But anyway Salute to you  RAG. 

My boss in the US has already said I need to keep going in and wait and see what HR say, he doesn’t see anything different, I cannot understand that position at all given what I just watched and listened to.

10 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

My boss in the US has already said I need to keep going in and wait and see what HR say, he doesn’t see anything different, I cannot understand that position at all given what I just watched and listened to.

Yes Beaker. Exactly. So you are clearly uncertain. So you wait for your, and with respect, your HR's interpretation of guidelines based on, for me vague inormation from BJ. He urges us to stay at home. What's the consequences Boris?

Edited by Shropshire_killie
Added a bit

13 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Develop a cough and self-isolate - these people are asking for huge actions against them when this is all over if a single case can be put at their doors when they should have closed.

Edited by Lorielus

15 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

………... or to go to essential work...……...

Can anybody give me anything but the most arm waving definition of "essential".

Doctors, polis, delivery drivers? Supermarket checkout workers? Teachers, as "key" NHS workers kids still have to go to school? People who have to work to get money to feed their families? Where does the list end.

1 minute ago, gdevoy said:

Doctors, polis, delivery drivers? Supermarket checkout workers? Teachers, as "key" NHS workers kids still have to go to school? People who have to work to get money to feed their families? Where does the list end.

Energy workers are also considered essential.  Makers of electronics, heaters, clothes,developers of gaming software etc. are not.  But get your drift

17 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

I have contacted my work helpline and the current message is very much "the site is open". No acknowledgement of BoJo or Nicola. Come to work or you don't get paid.

10 minutes ago, Shropshire_killie said:

Yes Beaker. Exactly. So you are clearly uncertain. So you wait for your, and with respect, your HR's interpretation of guidelines based on, for me vague inormation from BJ. He urges us to stay at home. What's the consequences Boris?

I dont agree that the instruction was vague at all.  At best the comment on essential wasnt fully defined, but even then work from home unless you cannot.  I can but they expect me in!  They are even planning on bringing a f**king diabetic in as well!!

2 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

We’ve been listed as critical under energy suppliers. We’ve had nothing to say if we’ve to attend as normal tomorrow or work from home for emergencies only as yet. 

3 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Energy workers are also considered essential.  Makers of electronics, heaters, clothes,developers of gaming software etc. are not.  But get your drift

Not one of these wiffle, waffle, arsey, warsy politicians will say anything apart from wave their arms frantically in the air and hope something useful happens. As Bob Geldoff would say, "Just tell us what ye f**king mean!"

Edited by gdevoy

Just now, gdevoy said:

Not one of these wiffle, waffle, arsey, warsy politicians will say anything apart from wave their arms frantically in the air and hope something useful happens. 

There has been a surge in companies trying to get staff defined as key workers. Suspect we will see a list published in the next day or so. Mayor of London already calling for a definitive list as have others

1 minute ago, piffer said:

There has been a surge in companies trying to get staff defined as key workers. Suspect we will see a list published in the next day or so. Mayor of London already calling for a definitive list as have others

I have seen stuff from our management edging in the direction of grabbing "key worker" status. 

I would presume it will include Emergency services. Staff from Electricity, Gas, Water, Telecoms to protect those networks. Supermarket staff. Food providers. From there you can go into all sorts of depths about who is key. Suppliers to those will fight to stay open and probably will in some form. Construction should stop along with other areas. Only staff who will maintain security and safety to be used perhaps.

13 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

Not many key workers kids going to school sending teachers home

2 minutes ago, killie1961 said:

Not many key workers kids going to school sending teachers home

We had around 20 out of ~2500 in today. (2 sites)

I ended up going around delivering free school meals to disadvantaged kids in the school minibus. Seen nothing like it, parents off their faces, arms covered in needle marks, houses stinking of s**t. You don't know how lucky you are until you see that. A learning experience for sure.