sheep home, Fred

CB

As said an odd game with us totally dominating start and end and Aberdeen in between. 

Lewis played well for them. 

Niko was at fault at both goals, though who was the player challenging McGinn for their 1st?

Great to see Kiltie score and played well drawing a number of fouls.

I actual thought the ref was ok and the decisions all went our way. 

Frustrating we didn't capitalise on numerous corners.

20 minutes ago, Pompey Exile said:

.Niko was at fault at both goals, though who was the player challenging McGinn for their 1st

I think you’re right, unfortunately. 

The cross for the first came in too easily and he didn’t attack the ball for the second. 

I think it was Findlay who tried to block McGinn’s shot, but I don’t see how any blame  could attach to him. 

The penalty was very soft, I thought. His arm was tucked in close to his body. 

We would have been incensed if it had been given against us. 

We played well from what I saw but a combination of not taking chances and conceding easily cost us. 

Burke was wide open when Brophy hit the post. He really needs to be coached to lift his head when he’s in those positions. It would make him much more effective 

11 minutes ago, skygod said:

The cross for the first came in too easily and he didn’t attack the ball for the second. 

I think it was Findlay who tried to block McGinn’s shot, but I don’t see how any blame  could attach to him. 

We played well from what I saw but a combination of not taking chances and conceding easily cost us. 

Burke was wide open when Brophy hit the post. He really needs to be coached to lift his head when he’s in those positions. It would make him much more effective 

Isn’t the rule now that the handball doesn’t need to be intentional? There wasn’t much he could do about it but his arm certainly blocked a goal bound shot. 

More proof, as if it was needed, that Niko can’t defend. His positioning for the first goal was way off and he took too long to get out m wide and for the second he was caught dreaming - even though O’Donnell was also beat too easily by Kennedy on the wing.  

If Brophy crosses then Burke had a tap in. He is playing very well just now but he needs to show more maturity in those kind of positions. 

Edited by historyman

6 hours ago, skygod said:

Have to agree about Niko for the first and the second as well. Think for both our midfield switched off though. For the first I’m not sure it should be Findlay having to come and attack it. Looking for a midfielder to mop up in there. For the second if we are going to let crosses into the box we’ve got to go and attack them. Make sure we are not beaten. The boy has come off Nikos's side and headed in unchallenged.

I get the general point. 

But we cant go blaming Niko for both, its total contradiction.

It's his fault for the first, cause the cross gets in too easy and McGinn is standing himself.

Then it's his fault for the 2nd because SOD let's the cross get in too easy and he doesnt attack the ball.

He plays his part in both goals, but so do other players... and management for not sorting that. Its obvious it's a problem.

I don't get people having a go at Kabamba. He was a bit quieter than usual last night but didn't have a poor game and has been a very good signing.

Yet again the miniscule squad size let us down IMO last night. There was no way Dyer was going to bring on any of those subs (unless Del Fabro or Johnson was going to come on as an extra defender). If we had another winger or striker on the bench to offer something different the last 10-15 minutes could have been very different, but we had to soldier on with the starting XI because there was no-one to replace them.

8 hours ago, stewartonpie said:

There are some things that he does, but not many. He scored a tap in during the cup game. He runs about half the time like a headless chicken, a lot of the time is out of position and can't challenge in the air, and when he is in position is easily muscled out of it. Looks easily intimidated by defenders and jogs around like out for a Sunday stroll. If you don't believe me watch him the next time when we get the ball and are on the break

Don't really care how he scores as long as he puts the ball in the net i'm happy, Boyd made a career out of being in the right place at the right time to score. He does a lot of the dog work up top trying to close players down. Haven't seen a Killie striker win as many balls in the air in some years and has got us some vital goals because of his flick ons. Didn't think he played amazingly against Aberdeen in the cup tie but he's played game after game without a rest and made the jump form non league to the Scottish top flight.

Personally thought he was giving defenders a rough time especially against the OF, not seen Ajer and Jullien struggle to win a ball in the air like that before. Big man gives his all and hope he continues to score 

Can't blame Niko for both the goals. First goal the sheep had two men on the right flank and kiltie was nowhere to be seen then Broadfoot just left McGinn to go for Main who Findlay was marking.  The second SOD shouldve closed that down instead of backing off yes Niko should've watched the man come in. But the ball was in the area for Branescu to come for(edge of 6 yard box) 

Imo we go 1 up then 2 up which makes us sit even deeper and invite more and more pressure onto the backline. 

1 hour ago, Nigel4 said:

I don't get people having a go at Kabamba. He was a bit quieter than usual last night but didn't have a poor game and has been a very good signing.

Yet again the miniscule squad size let us down IMO last night. There was no way Dyer was going to bring on any of those subs (unless Del Fabro or Johnson was going to come on as an extra defender). If we had another winger or striker on the bench to offer something different the last 10-15 minutes could have been very different, but we had to soldier on with the starting XI because there was no-one to replace them.

With the obvious paucity and imbalance in the squad, it’s bizarre we aren’t playing with three at the back and wingbacks. What’s the point of two centrebacks sitting on the bench? Niko and SOD are better going forward than defending, three centre backs should in theory make us better at dealing with crosses and it would give us more options in the midfield and forward areas when we require changes. Burke is fantastic for us but we can’t expect the best from him or get more seasons if we expect him to run himself into the ground every game. We should be moving towards utilising him as an impact sub. 

11 hours ago, Mark Robertson said:

Noticed you didn't answer the question. You're a wee bit of an angry poster

I dont know the answer and dont really care. Broadfoot is a killie player again so I will support him. Plenty of players at the club I feel are not good enough but no point going on and on about them. 

11 hours ago, kfc_superteam said:

Appalled by that tonight.......Our record against Aberdeen, bigger budget aside is unacceptable. I could be wrong but in the last two or three seasons we must be the only premiership team not to have beaten them.

Yes it is a point but I really couldn't clap the players off after that one.

Well you got one thing right, you are wrong. We beat them 2-0 at Pittodrie last season.
If you think dominating them for 60 of the 90 mins is appalling you also have memory issues perhaps? We’ve been a lot worse, a lot more often in the last 5 years than last nights mid-game wobble, (also in the last 5 months) and for last 30 mins were the only team looking to win it. Despite our laughably small pool of players and wretched decision making behind the scenes since last summer we play better football than them and are not hugely behind them in the league, despite ourselves.
Smaller budget, pool of talent, transient managerial appointments and lack of s**thousery and yet we are able to compete against them. 

The minimum requirement most of us expect is total effort and that deserves our backing I believe. If we also get quality football then we’re on the right road. I saw all elements last night and thought they deserved my support before, during and after the game. Definitely weaknesses we can all see but generally a positive performance and approach to the game. 

Really harsh on anyone having a go a Kabamba. He’s added a different dimension to our attacking play since he has come in and like any football player will have good games and bad games.

The bigger issue is that in the games when it’s not coming off for him, rather than take him off, he’s being asked to play the full game due to our non existent options on the bench. If he’s continually being left out there and his performances continue to drop it’ll affect a players confidence. Same can be said for any player on the team

13 hours ago, Ngonge88 said:

Bottle f**king merchants!!

This post is a piece of nonsense. I doubt anyone bottled it in any of the games against Aberdeen. We do need to accept that they do have more better players than we have particularly this season. We have run them close, of course we should have won it be we were bullied. Derek McInnes, in my opinion is tactically inept hence the very physical approach and dirty tricks totally anti football. Weak refs let them away with it as they know that McInnes will moan to the press post match and pre match with the next opponents about decisions going against them. Sadly it appears to work the OF have been doing it for decades.

1 minute ago, superfan said:

This post is a piece of nonsense. I doubt anyone bottled it in any of the games against Aberdeen. We do need to accept that they do have more better players than we have particularly this season. We have run them close, of course we should have won it be we were bullied. Derek McInnes, in my opinion is tactically inept hence the very physical approach and dirty tricks totally anti football. Weak refs let them away with it as they know that McInnes will moan to the press post match and pre match with the next opponents about decisions going against them. Sadly it appears to work the OF have been doing it for decades.

We started extremely well, went 2-0 and panicked. Didnt know how to control the game.

We sit in very deep, with a midfield including kiltie, burke and mckenzie surely we do what we are good at and keep driving at teams?

1 minute ago, Ngonge88 said:

We started extremely well, went 2-0 and panicked. Didnt know how to control the game.

We sit in very deep, with a midfield including kiltie, burke and mckenzie surely we do what we are good at and keep driving at teams?

This. We're not good enough defensively to try and sit back for over an hour on a 2-0 lead, it was never going to work. Even at 2-1, we still didn't come out. We're a better side when we try and have a go at teams, it's an old cliche but the best form of defence (in our case) is attack. 

26 minutes ago, superfan said:

He's not that tactually inept - we continually lose to them.

Aberdeen have lost 9 times this season - plenty of teams don't seem to have an issue beating them.