Jump to content

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Does it really matter why Alessio was sacked ?  

We will never find out the full facts.

What's more relevant is how he was appointed in the first place and if the board has learned lessons from the experience.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Does it really matter why Alessio was sacked ?  The problem is now and a manager who is struggling to put a team on the park that can win games. Alex Dyer isn't a fraud, he has decent coaching credentials, but he might not be able to manage individual players into a successful unit. 

Of course it matters. Unless the board come out and say he was sacked for non-footballing matters, every manager will be measured against the fifth in the league wasn’t good enough yardstick. All the talk of turgid football won’t change that. I’d bite your hand off for a guaranteed thirty mind numbing, eye bleeding 1-0 victories in a season. There isn’t a fan who wouldn’t. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Of course it matters. Unless the board come out and say he was sacked for non-footballing matters, every manager will be measured against the fifth in the league wasn’t good enough yardstick. All the talk of turgid football won’t change that. I’d bite your hand off for a guaranteed thirty mind numbing, eye bleeding 1-0 victories in a season. There isn’t a fan who wouldn’t. 

It doesn't matter because we're not going to find out and it's in the past. No manager is going to be measured by a fifth place wasn't good enough yardstick, that's nonsense and you know it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

It doesn't matter because we're not going to find out and it's in the past. No manager is going to be measured by a fifth place wasn't good enough yardstick, that's nonsense and you know it. 

More likely to be judged on whether the players like him yardstick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

Anywhere else in Europe but here they would be used to hearing 5 or 6 different languages and if they didn't understand the manager it would be expected that they made it their business to learn. This is Britain where if somebody doesn't speak English the accepted wisdom among the masses is that they are thick. That is an unpleasant unpalatable truth we have to live with. 

 

You're saying that the Barcelona players had to learn English when Venables and Robson were there? I thought Mourinho was famously Robson's translator? 

As you say yourself, communication is the key when talking to players. If it was me, I'd want to make sure that there was no room for misunderstanding and that I could either communicate directly in the players' language or through a trusted translator.  I certainly wouldn't expect the players to learn my language. 

And the idea that British people see people who can't speak English as being "thick" is a weird opinion to hold. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, skygod said:

 

And the idea that British people see people who can't speak English as being "thick" is a weird opinion to hold. 

 

Definitely is given the British are one of the thickest countries in the developed world (and undeveloped) when it comes to learning a 2nd (or 3rd) language.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Definitely is given the British are one of the thickest countries in the developed world (and undeveloped) when it comes to learning a 2nd (or 3rd) language.

Doesn’t stop people sneering at foreigns though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

I heard yesterday it all came to a head after AA ranted to the players in Italian with Donati involved and Dyer sitting silent. A delegation of players approached the Board and he was sacked the next day. Whatever the rights and wrongs, the Board concluded things weren’t going to get better. That would help explain the turnaround from the Trust meeting days before. 

How very ironic considering it will be the points gained under AA that will (hopefully) keep us in the league this year and will therefore preserve all of their salary levels. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

Does it really matter why Alessio was sacked ?  The problem is now and a manager who is struggling to put a team on the park that can win games. Alex Dyer isn't a fraud, he has decent coaching credentials, but he might not be able to manage individual players into a successful unit. 

For me it’s vitally important why he was sacked. As in many situations we can’t know every detail but the fact that he is not spoken of does not sit well at all. Mentioned once in four episodes of the club podcast. No further info since the day he was sacked. And completely glossed over at the AGM.

Its also important when you look at the follow on from it. The club weren’t prepared for his departure. The plan they conjured up was flawed from the off and has us spiralling towards a relegation battle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, piffer said:

For me it’s vitally important why he was sacked. As in many situations we can’t know every detail but the fact that he is not spoken of does not sit well at all. Mentioned once in four episodes of the club podcast. No further info since the day he was sacked. And completely glossed over at the AGM.

Its also important when you look at the follow on from it. The club weren’t prepared for his departure. The plan they conjured up was flawed from the off and has us spiralling towards a relegation battle. 

You were at the AGM, did you ask why Alessio was sacked if you consider it vitally important  ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peter Schmeichel's interview for Man u podcast had Alex bruce on and a small bit on italian coaching and how monotonous it is, nothing inspirational, very regimented. 

Bruce must've been bitching about it to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PrestersKtid said:

Peter Schmeichel's interview for Man u podcast had Alex bruce on and a small bit on italian coaching and how monotonous it is, nothing inspirational, very regimented. 

Bruce must've been bitching about it to him.

I really like Bruce but have started thinking he was a bit lazy and unprofessional. Italy have won two World Cups that I can remember, maybe three. Juve, Inter, AC, and many other clubs have a very good record in world football, so something they do is learn how to win.

I think that given time, and players AA would have had us right up there in the league, first things first were that we needed to stop losing silly goals, after which we would concentrate on midfield and forward tactics.

I really do think we have missed a great opportunity with AA, MOTM , the fans chanting his name, songs including him, all sounds very SC era. We will never know, but certain players have let us down  big time this season. I don’t think AD should be manager but I have zero faith in the current Board to select the right person again, whoever thought of SC needs to get their thinking caps on again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PrestersKtid said:

Peter Schmeichel's interview for Man u podcast had Alex bruce on and a small bit on italian coaching and how monotonous it is, nothing inspirational, very regimented. 

Bruce must've been bitching about it to him.

Italian coaching gets a lot of bad press at times but if you get champions league trophies and world cups out of I would not be complaining one bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


The Killie Trust

KFC Supporters Association

Young Kilmarnock

FC Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock FC (Official)

×