Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Armstrong86 said:

Aren’t the majority of Rangers crowds season ticket holders? I assume it would hit them and Celtic the least. 

Must be desperate for money doing their 20th share issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wrangodog said:

The Dutch have set the number at 100. You get more than that at weddings, funerals. 

Shortlees amateurs had over 1700

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stewarty66 said:

If gatherings of 500 people are to be banned then some local junior clubs might benefit from professional games being called off. 

Not if crowds increase to say........500

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Why, that money will be spent long ago. (Probably last year in sevcos case).  Both would get a hefty payment in walk ups and match revenue from all the mutants who attend.

If Sevco have no recmcenue coming in they're absolutely screwed.

Rangers have around 46,000 season ticket holders, Celtic have 52,000+.

The walk ups for them is minimal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Three Leicester City players self-isolating. Players might not be willing to play in closed doors games until the numbers start going down. Simeone started with a fist/elbow bump last night, but at full-time he was shaking hands with everybody that approached him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, killie1961 said:

Shortlees amateurs had over 1700

Aye for a cup final at Hampden!

That said, the league decider against Hurlford at Burnpark couldn't have been far off 1,000+.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Rangers have around 46,000 season ticket holders, Celtic have 52,000+.

The walk ups for them is minimal.

Apart from Saturdays in July. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, piffer said:

ATP Tennis postponed, F1 due to be canned shortly. Everyone stuck in the house and there won’t be much to watch

We all know that eventually there will be a shutdown of all sporting events and the like , why wait ? 
This nonsense that they’re following the science , obviously not the science from Italy Ireland etc 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Rangers have around 46,000 season ticket holders, Celtic have 52,000+.

The walk ups for them is minimal.

Not in matchday spend it's not that was my point.

Programmes, beer, soft drinks, programmes, scarves, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Three Leicester City players self-isolating.

Seasonal flu, seemingly.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the rumours that Sevco had to get the Livi game that was postponed on the Saturday played on the Sunday because the loss of revenue would have crippled them  are true then i wouldn't hold my breath that they would survive the playing behind closed doors carry on.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

We all know that eventually there will be a shutdown of all sporting events and the like , why wait ? 
This nonsense that they’re following the science , obviously not the science from Italy Ireland etc 

Pro 14 rugby season now postponed. No doubt the SFA/SPFL will keep going until someone can’t actually field a team and they will dock them points in the process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, piffer said:

Pro 14 rugby season now postponed. No doubt the SFA/SPFL will keep going until the OF can’t actually field a team or could lose the league or Scottish cup and they will dock everyone else points in the process.

Fixed that for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Not in matchday spend it's not that was my point.

Programmes, beer, soft drinks, programmes, scarves, etc.

Rangers and Celtic sublet their catering, so they won't be losing much.

Doubt a few programmes and scarfs sales lost are going to kill the Huns. Especially with £2m of ticket money plus TV money tonight that was unexpected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Garvis said:

If the rumours that Sevco had to get the Livi game that was postponed on the Saturday played on the Sunday because the loss of revenue would have crippled them  are true then i wouldn't hold my breath that they would survive the playing behind closed doors carry on.  

I'd hate to put a dampner on a good conspiracy theory but it needed to be played as there literally wouldn't be another midweek to play it before the split. They still haven't got their postponed games vs St Johnstone rearranged due to their European games.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'd hate to put a dampner on a good conspiracy theory but it needed to be played as there literally wouldn't be another midweek to play it before the split. They still haven't got their postponed games vs St Johnstone rearranged due to their European games.

I can only hope hahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

We have the Trust money which we (the members) have contributed to. I wouldn't be averse to donating that to the club to make up for gate money. I'm assuming that the money for the disabled area has already been ring fenced ? 

If the club had backed us in the transfer window, made an effort in sourcing a new manager and put any effort into the 150th anniversary year I would happily support a TIK decision to put money into the club for lost revenue. 
 

However after recent shambolic decisions if they were to donate money to the club for lost revenue I would be coming out of TIK. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it is just a matter of time before football gets stopped, either by government or by players being ill.  At that time league gets cancelled, no champions, no relegation etc.  We might be back in Europe!

We have 8 games left this season.  Assuming Saturday goes ahead, we should have at most 4 home games left after that..  Hearts would bring a crowd but not any others.  We could average 6000, less 3000 ST, so net 3000 for 4 games = 12000 at £20 a pop would be £240000, less match expenses, so loss to Killie could be around £200000 tops.  Fortunately we can take this hit but others may struggle.  I would not want any money back on my ST.

 

Hearts must be praying for this scenario.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, DuncD said:

If the club had backed us in the transfer window, made an effort in sourcing a new manager and put any effort into the 150th anniversary year I would happily support a TIK decision to put money into the club for lost revenue. 
 

However after recent shambolic decisions if they were to donate money to the club for lost revenue I would be coming out of TIK. 

Sonyoud rather taken the existence of the club because of hubris?

Absolute clown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, killiekosmos said:

I think it is just a matter of time before football gets stopped, either by government or by players being ill.  At that time league gets cancelled, no champions, no relegation etc.  We might be back in Europe!

We have 8 games left this season.  Assuming Saturday goes ahead, we should have at most 4 home games left after that..  Hearts would bring a crowd but not any others.  We could average 6000, less 3000 ST, so net 3000 for 4 games = 12000 at £20 a pop would be £240000, less match expenses, so loss to Killie could be around £200000 tops.  Fortunately we can take this hit but others may struggle.  I would not want any money back on my ST.

 

Hearts must be praying for this scenario.

Why imo theyd still go down, as the league is in effect stopped.

Or do they stay up and keep.united in the championship for another year.  Either way its be funny as f**k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bute-killiefan said:

Would folk be open to contributing to a pot, putting money in that they would spend at a game itself? For a pie, drink etc, then donate to the club? Or is that a bit much?

Yes happy to do this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Why imo theyd still go down, as the league is in effect stopped.

Or do they stay up and keep.united in the championship for another year.  Either way its be funny as f**k.

They should put the rest of the games to the pools panel.

 

Hearts vs St Johnstone..... Pools panel result..... Rangers win. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still not sure why this weekend is okay to have crowds but not next. Is there expected to be a significant increase in cases over the next 7 days? What I mean is why wait..why does this weekend go ahead?

It's also a bit surreal that the Republic is on shutdown but N.Ireland isnt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

Why, that money will be spent long ago. (Probably last year in sevcos case).  Both would get a hefty payment in walk ups and match revenue from all the mutants who attend.

If Sevco have no recmcenue coming in they're absolutely screwed.

It was announced yesterday in the papers that their recent share flotation was about to generate £20M for Sevco.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


The Killie Trust

KFC Supporters Association

Young Kilmarnock

FC Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock FC (Official)

×