Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
The Killie Trust

CALL TO ACTION - Killie Trust funds vote

Recommended Posts

Voted Yes, was an easy decision. Also signed back up to TIK in the process as well. Had to cancel it towards the end of last year as money was tight but that all sorted and glad to have signed back up again 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BigYin said:

Voted Yes, was an easy decision. Also signed back up to TIK in the process as well. Had to cancel it towards the end of last year as money was tight but that all sorted and glad to have signed back up again 

It's great to have you back!

We absolutely do understand that there are so many demands on people's finances and appreciate that everyone's situation is different - and changeable.

Thank you :hurrah:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could someone please post or explain how I go from one off to monthly subscription please. For some reason I thought I was on the monthly schedule when I signed up, but it appears not. Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Killjoy1869 said:

I’ve just joined the trust again via the go careless but havent had anything through?

Brilliant to have you back on board! The membership is a manual process so it does sometimes take a few days.

Thank you:hurrah:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Malkmus said:

Could someone please post or explain how I go from one off to monthly subscription please. For some reason I thought I was on the monthly schedule when I signed up, but it appears not. Thanks 

Hi, 

Great to here that you are considering this! Please drop us a line at thekillietrust@gmail.com and our memberships will assist you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Killie Trust said:

Brilliant to have you back on board! The membership is a manual process so it does sometimes take a few days.

Thank you:hurrah:

 

 

Great. Thanks for the update 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FanWithaTypewritter said:

A general question from afar regarding becoming a member of the Trust.

I joined recently and should have done a long time ago. 

I think one of the reasons I hadn’t was my lack of awareness of what the trust did and costs to be involved (very reasonable!) I put that down to myself and not the Trust to a large extent.

Point I wanted to make is.....are the majority of the Killie support aware of the existence of the Trust and all the fantastic work they do? Fans on here will be and hopefully, especially with the current call to arms, number of members is increasing rapidly but what of the fans who don’t visit the forum.

Is there or has there been articles in the Standard for example publicising the Trust? I read about other similar sized or smaller clubs who have significantly more members in similar schemes. Do they go about raising awareness in a different way that we can learn from to get many more fans on board? Just a thought.

Keep up the brilliant work you do TiK.
 

Great to have you on board :hurrah:

We are always looking at ways to spread the word! We have added some professional communications experience to the Trust Board and getting the message out there is a big focus at the moment - we want to tell people as much as we can about the vast amount of work that is going on. And there is a lot more planned...

Reaching out to fans not online absolutely is something we are looking at - your thoughts on how we could do that are appreciated. We do also hope that members and subscribers will tell people - and persuade them to join, subscribe and get involved. There is no substitute for word of mouth!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FanWithaTypewritter said:

A general question from afar regarding becoming a member of the Trust.

I joined recently and should have done a long time ago. 

I think one of the reasons I hadn’t was my lack of awareness of what the trust did and costs to be involved (very reasonable!) I put that down to myself and not the Trust to a large extent.

Point I wanted to make is.....are the majority of the Killie support aware of the existence of the Trust and all the fantastic work they do? Fans on here will be and hopefully, especially with the current call to arms, number of members is increasing rapidly but what of the fans who don’t visit the forum.

Is there or has there been articles in the Standard for example publicising the Trust? I read about other similar sized or smaller clubs who have significantly more members in similar schemes. Do they go about raising awareness in a different way that we can learn from to get many more fans on board? Just a thought.

Keep up the brilliant work you do TiK.
 

We have suffered in the past from complete nonsense getting spouted about the Trust despite our best efforts........as has been well documented here.

We've made a conscious effort to 'up the ante' and dispel the myths this year. We appreciate that better and more regular communications is key to recruitment, to show what we are up to whenever possible.

If there are any Killie fans who work in the recruitment sphere and could spare time to get us even more on track, please, please, get in touch.

Lochlin Highet is the Sports Editor of the Kilmarnock Standard. He's a diehard Killie fan, member of the Trust and monthly subscriber to our initiative. Lochlin gets all of our communications. I've sent stuff to him previously.  I'm hoping to meet him on Friday when I'll give him 'carte blanche' to promote us in the local paper whenever he can.

Lochie, you have been warned........and it's your turn for the coffee!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jmthmsn said:

We have suffered in the past from complete nonsense getting spouted about the Trust despite our best efforts........as has been well documented here.

We've made a conscious effort to 'up the ante' and dispel the myths this year. We appreciate that better and more regular communications is key to recruitment, to show what we are up to whenever possible.

If there are any Killie fans who work in the recruitment sphere and could spare time to get us even more on track, please, please, get in touch.

Lochlin Highet is the Sports Editor of the Kilmarnock Standard. He's a diehard Killie fan, member of the Trust and monthly subscriber to our initiative. Lochlin gets all of our communications. I've sent stuff to him previously.  I'm hoping to meet him on Friday when I'll give him 'carte blanche' to promote us in the local paper whenever he can.

Lochie, you have been warned........and it's your turn for the coffee!!

Just the positive responses I was hoping to hear. 

Utilising the local paper is a no brainer especially with such a diehard fan in a position to be a great help.

As I mentioned in my original post, and I’m sure the Trust will have thought about this and possibly already been in touch, but speaking to similar groups at other clubs to see how they boosted their member numbers is another obvious route to get possibly fresh ideas.

Direct approach to season ticket holders who aren’t already members and maybe even manned displays outside the ground when normal service is resumed to raise awareness?I’m sure already thought of and in the pipeline.

Finally, and as a previous poster mentioned, when I signed up I actually thought I was going to be making a monthly contribution so feel a bit embarrassed that it turned out to be for the year. As advised, I will go about adjusting my contribution in the near future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jmthmsn said:

We have suffered in the past from complete nonsense getting spouted about the Trust despite our best efforts........as has been well documented here.

We've made a conscious effort to 'up the ante' and dispel the myths this year. We appreciate that better and more regular communications is key to recruitment, to show what we are up to whenever possible.

If there are any Killie fans who work in the recruitment sphere and could spare time to get us even more on track, please, please, get in touch.

Lochlin Highet is the Sports Editor of the Kilmarnock Standard. He's a diehard Killie fan, member of the Trust and monthly subscriber to our initiative. Lochlin gets all of our communications. I've sent stuff to him previously.  I'm hoping to meet him on Friday when I'll give him 'carte blanche' to promote us in the local paper whenever he can.

Lochie, you have been warned........and it's your turn for the coffee!!

Big splash in the paper should help given the necessity of TIK and the Trust has now been shown. Hopefully this is a turning point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve checked all three of my email accounts and I’ve not received any mail on this.  Can someone resend please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jmthmsn said:

Apologies. Should be all sorted now.

Trust badge inserts (and removals :() will appear soon.

Thanks for fixing this JT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Killie1984 said:

Sorry for the ignorance, what is the difference between the Killie Trust and TIK.?

The Kilmarnock Supporters’ Trust section of this website explains all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

I’ve checked all three of my email accounts and I’ve not received any mail on this.  Can someone resend please.

Hi,

Can you drop us a line at thekillietrust@gmail.com please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While we have the time to discuss... is it possible that The Trust and TIK can become one unit?
Are the aims/goals so different?

I can't be the only one who gets the two very similar named entities confused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RayD said:

While we have the time to discuss... is it possible that The Trust and TIK can become one unit?
Are the aims/goals so different?

I can't be the only one who gets the two very similar named entities confused.

I don’t the trust is the organisation of which we are members. The TIK is a fundraising campaign 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beaker71 said:

I’ve checked all three of my email accounts and I’ve not received any mail on this.  Can someone resend please.

Apologies. Hopefully you've received it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

The Killie Trust

KFC Supporters Association

Young Kilmarnock

FC Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock FC (Official)

×