Sign in to follow this  
CLANCY2KTID

Retro Shirts on Ebay

Friend of mine has asked me to post on here to give a heads up that he's selling his collection. He's putting all his football tops on ebay, Killie and Liverpool ones just now, Scotland to follow. Seller name is killieboyz all XL in size, I think. Or if you wanna contact him directly just pm me. 

There's a few belters in there I'd be all over if they were in a smaller size. (In particular, 95-97 away in a medium if anyone is offering.)

The prices he's got them as are what they'd go for if it went for auction.

2 hours ago, Lroy said:

There's a few belters in there I'd be all over if they were in a smaller size. (In particular, 95-97 away in a medium if anyone is offering.)

The prices he's got them as are what they'd go for if it went for auction.

Pretty sure I've got that in medium mate..... 

1 hour ago, red_dug said:

He knows how to charge.

I've thought that about a few of the tops I've seen on ebay, but there seems to be a buying audience. Some of the scotland ones I've got go for well over £100, the Italia 90 era training top I've got seems to get between £2-300

1 hour ago, CLANCY2KTID said:

I've thought that about a few of the tops I've seen on ebay, but there seems to be a buying audience. Some of the scotland ones I've got go for well over £100, the Italia 90 era training top I've got seems to get between £2-300

Aye theyre popular now for sure. I've owned about 80% of killie outfield tops since 1988. Wish I'd kept more of them.

I bought a mint 91-93 home top for £20 18 months ago. 

There's the comparison.

2 minutes ago, red_dug said:

Aye theyre popular now for sure. I've owned about 80% of killie outfield tops since 1988. Wish I'd kept more of them.

I bought a mint 91-93 home top for £20 18 months ago. 

There's the comparison.

That's wild. £20 for that shirt is robbery of your part. I'd expect at least £50-60 if I sold mine.

3 hours ago, red_dug said:

He knows how to charge.

its not the guys fault lol......

Screenshot_20200514-155214_eBay.jpg.f7bac12decd2de4adb8c1801d5994349.jpg

I can see more appearing on Ebay if they reach this kinda money.

Edited by C4mmy31

4 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

I can more appearing on Ebay if they reach this kinda money.

Got all those in a box in the loft...I think you might be right, I can see an auction coming up for TIK!

38 minutes ago, Lroy said:

That's wild. £20 for that shirt is robbery of your part. I'd expect at least £50-60 if I sold mine.

It was from a guys collection in Bristol. He was selling all his shirts (hundreds) and had no ties to Killie. Otherwise I'd have expected to pay at least double that.

This was probably just before the boom in retro shirts to be fair. Sadly for him.

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

its not the guys fault lol......

Screenshot_20200514-155214_eBay.jpg.f7bac12decd2de4adb8c1801d5994349.jpg

I can see more appearing on Ebay if they reach this kinda money.

That is insane.

Talking of insanity did anyone see the white Killie programme which was a double header for Rangers Reserves on 31 Dec 1949 and Ayr Utd on 2 Jan 1950 sold for £431.00! I think I have one of those issues v Allow but can see Ayr attracting the higher money esp as we won 4-0!

57 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Fk sake my wife ruined the white one in the wash.

Someone on here gave me the white one and the 125th shirt for free!! 

3 hours ago, baz said:

Got all those in a box in the loft...I think you might be right, I can see an auction coming up for TIK!

And i suspect they'll be a a struggle to slip into now Baz!!!

£155 for the white one!! Didnt realise it was so rare...have every home back to 1978.

There’s some cracking tops on sale. I’m not sure about £100 for a tennents T-shirt though.

Screenshot_20200514-155214_eBay.jpg.f7bac12decd2de4adb8c1801d5994349.jpgI

I have one of the 1991-93 shirts. I don't think I've ever worn it.

I never buy replica shirts unless it's historical (1997, 2019) or I like the design (2017).  

The exceptions would be those end of season sales where the price makes it silly not to. 

My recollection is that, on the final match of the 92-93 season - Hamilton promotion clincher, someone was selling these shirts in Rugby Road for £5. 

They were in poly bags and I think I recognised the guy as a club official; in other words - not knock-off. Maybe the club shop was so busy with the big crowd that they decided to take them to the street. 

A fiver well spent, by the look of things!

If anyone else decides to tell any of their old at May's ones give me a shout, looking to add to my collection