Sign in to follow this  
Pompey Exile

Next season's team

2 hours ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

I think we planned to go for him in the winter window. We were gonna offer Frizzel on a permanent and Dom Thomas with a loan. 

This is 100% incorrect.

Interesting that Liam Craig, Callum Booth and Chris Kane have extended their deals at St Johnstone, but only until January.

Contracts getting shorter and shorter post-Corona? 

7 minutes ago, skygod said:

Interesting that Liam Craig, Callum Booth and Chris Kane have extended their deals at St Johnstone, but only until January.

With everything they’ve done in search of money recently I can’t help but think they are in as bad a position as anyone in all this. 

2 hours ago, skygod said:

Are they guys who maybe fancied trying their chances elsewhere but taking easy safe option short term?

On 5/24/2020 at 12:32 AM, livvy said:

He was but he was also fairly solid and did the basics well. A few years in the championship playing every week will have made him a bit smarter. Not a bad option as backup.

And he was our captain at one time, so he must have been seen as having leadership qualities.

I see Simon Murray in today’s paper claiming he’s had talks with three Premiership clubs. 

On 5/27/2020 at 2:52 PM, Graeme S said:

Are they guys who maybe fancied trying their chances elsewhere but taking easy safe option short term?

That’s how I’d see it

27 minutes ago, piffer said:

I see Simon Murray in today’s paper claiming he’s had talks with three Premiership clubs. 

Iirc when he made the step up to Hibs? he had a short golden period then disappeared. Could be worth a risk though .

11 hours ago, jasper said:

And he was our captain at one time, so he must have been seen as having leadership qualities.

Interestingly on Ashcroft the Pars fans seem sorry to see him go. He's the only guy on the list assumed to have been offered and knocked back a deal to move to a higher level.

9 hours ago, piffer said:

I'd take him

25 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

I'd take him

Crocked by cruciate ligaments. We need to examine players very carefully who have been out with injury. There is an old adage, " They never come back".

I remember him being good at Dundee Utd and murder for Hibs and Dundee. His goal ave throughout his career is still good though. Not much idea about what's gone on since he left, you'd hope the experience has improved him. He's worth a look if he can get fit.

Get burkey, mckenzie kiltie signed. Sign millen aswell he’s good cover. Jamie mac only if he’s happy being second fiddle.

then go about getting new folk